collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite Baby Pony Wear pairing?

Bunny suit and Overalls
Dragon suit and Sunsuit
Jumper and Snowsuit
Bathrobe and Clown suit
Lion suit and Sleepwear
Elephant suit and Party dress

Author Topic: Ranking Baby Pony Wear  (Read 658 times)

Online FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Ranking Baby Pony Wear
« on: November 12, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
Today I will be ranking Baby Pony Wear with Pocket Pals.  There are two outfits to a card and each came with a “pocket pal” which is a little stuffed animal/friend that sits in the pocket. These are so small I’m sure many of them got lost…I know mine did!

These four came out in Year 4:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Baby_Pony_Wear_with_Pocket_Pals

And these two came out in Year 5:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Baby_Pony_Wear_With_Pocket_Pals_2

1. Jumper and Snowsuit - This is the only baby pony ensemble that doesn’t have a costume…not that I don’t like the costumes, but the striped multi-color snowsuit with the fur-trimmed hood is so adorable! The companion outfit that comes with it is pretty cute too: a red jumper with a striped seater…they appear to be one piece. It also comes with four yellow shoes. I’ve always found baby pony shoes to be much easier to put on than adult pony shoes! The jumper comes with a kitten pocket pal and the snowsuit comes with a…yep, you guessed it, snowman pocket pal.

2. Elephant Suit and Party Dress - This comes with an adorable pink elephant costume (with an elephant pocket pal of course; usually whatever the costume is, the pocket pal is the same species) and a pretty floral dress with white shoes and a puppy pocket pal (try saying that five times fast!)

3. Dragon Suit and Sunsuit - This was the Baby Pony Wear I owned. I still have the yellow dragon costume (my ponies could never stand up in it), but I lost both pocket pals and I don’t know what happened to the sunsuit…either I lost it or it got tossed out because it ripped or something. The sunsuit is a floral pattern with blue straps and comes with a bonnet that has a matching pattern. A dragon and frog pocket pal came with this collection. I’m pretty sure I lost mine the day I received them as I barely remember even having them.

4. Bunny Suit and Overalls - While the bunny suit with pink ears (and pink bunny pocket pal!) is very cute, I really love the pink overalls and white shirt with colorful polka dots and lace collar complete with a pink newsboy cap. The pocket pal for this one is a little weird though…it’s supposed to be a doll (I think), but it’s a pink furry thing with a distorted face and a blonde wig. I guess they didn’t know what the pocket pal should be for overalls. I personally think they missed the mark not having a pony pocket pal.

5. Lion Suit and Sleepwear - The mane on the lion suit is wild to say the least! I’m not crazy about the color of the sleepwear (I think its orange? It’s hard to tell), but I do like the long night cap and the green fuzzy slippers. Obviously the lion suit came with a lion pocket pal (although it’s missing a mane) and the sleepwear came with a teddy bear pocket pal.

6. Bathrobe and Clown Suit - Yeah, I’m not a fan of clowns thus why this is ranked last. (Though the colorful suit with polka dots is pretty cute). It comes with a silver mask. The clown pocket pal with his big red lips is a little creepy, though. :::shudder::: The yellow bathrobe with the polka-dotted shower cap is cute enough. That one comes with a duck pocket pal.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will be ranking the Play ’n’ Wear Collection.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Baby Pony Wear
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:06:31 PM »
My favorite pair is the Bunnysuit and Overalls- I just love bunnies and the overalls are so cute! My favorite individual outfits are the Jumper and the Party Dress (don't make me pick!). As for Pocket Pals, they're all pretty :muffin: Pony and cheap-looking, but charming, in a way; my favorites are the Bunny or Kitten, but most of them are pretty cute. The doll, clown, and puppy are the exceptions, to me at least!

I'm pretty sure the Pocket Pal with the Elephant Suit is supposed to be a mouse. It's a play on elephants supposedly being scared of mice... I don't know where that concept originated, but you'll see elephants and mice depicted together often because of it.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 04:16:17 AM »
We had all of the first 4 sets (year 4). I think I still have them, actually. While I voted for the dragon suit/sunsuit, my favorites are actually the blue sunsuit and the red jumper. My sunsuit, sadly, is ripped and frayed; I'm hoping I can replace the ribbons on it.

While cute, I never really liked the full-body costumes/outfits (bunny suit, snowsuit, etc) because they made the pony unable to stand up in them, and also it covers them up too much so you can't really see the pony. When I was a kid I always liked to see able to see my ponies and play with their hair, so I hardly ever put them in those big outfits. Also I didn't really understand the point of the pocket pals and I pretty much lost most of them right away.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 05:38:10 AM »
I love ALL of these!!! Before we even start!!!
When we do: Jumper is Pinafore to us in the UK, Overalls are dungarees in the UK, & for some odd reason Sunsuit is Sundress??? Though it's not actually a dress??? Everything else is pretty much identical.

My favourite set is Pinafore & Snowsuit, as it's Baby Pony school dress (to me) & winter clothes.
I also love the fancy dress items: dragon suit, bunny suit, elephant suit, clown suit & lion suit. Dragon, bunny & elephant have Argentinean variants as well.
Best of the rest are the dungarees (practical clothes for an adventurous or hard-working Baby) & the cute party dress.

But like I said, I love them ALL, & their pals ROCK!!! I'm missing original snowmen, so had to make repros out of pompoms & felt...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
All of them are cute, but I have a soft spot for the dragon one as I had it as a kid.

Online FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 05:06:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Pocket Pal with the Elephant Suit is supposed to be a mouse. It's a play on elephants supposedly being scared of mice... I don't know where that concept originated, but you'll see elephants and mice depicted together often because of it.

Yeah, I think you're right. I didn't look closely at it at first; I guess I just assumed it was an elephant. I remember there's a scene in Dumbo where the elephants get scared by a mouse....don't know if that's where it originated or if they got that from somewhere else!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 07:09:58 PM »
The bunny suit is sooooo aborable!
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal