collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite outfit for Megan and Sundance?

Picnic in the Park
Country Jamboree
Sweet Dreams
By the Sea
Ice Princesses
Flower Darlings

Author Topic: Ranking Megan and Pony Wear  (Read 727 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ranking Megan and Pony Wear
« on: November 11, 2020, 06:25:40 PM »
Today I will be ranking Megan and Pony Wear. I never owned any of these, but that’s just as well. There’s some cute outfits, but all of Sundance’s outfits are all capes, so there’s not that much variety. I guess you get that with Megan’s outfits.

Here are the outfits for this collection. I’m glad they used Sundance for the pony model for all of these or otherwise that would’ve been weird!
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Megan_and_Pony_Wear

1. Country Jamboree - I gotta put this as #1 for two reasons: 1) this is the outfit I associate with Megan the most: the mint green overalls with the ruffles and the pink and white striped blouse and 2) I was Megan for Halloween once and my mom made me this outfit to wear. Of course, being a redhead, I looked nothing like her. (Fun fact: the Halloween before I was Megan, I was Baby Moondancer). The artwork on the card of Megan feeding Sundance a carrot is just precious.

2. Picnic in the Park - The denim dress/cape with red polka dots and matching red shoes is too cute and this actually seems like something Megan from “Rescue at Midnight Castle” would wear. (Perhaps it’s the denim). Speaking of which, does anyone else feel kinda bad for TJ? Megan just kinda abandons him to be with her new TALKING pony with PINK hair..how can TJ even compete with that?

3. By the Sea - So I mentioned before that I’m not really into bathing/swimming ponies, but I do like this outfit if only for the reason that there’s a hood/bathing cap for Sundance so it least it has a little variety from the other outfits. And I like that it comes with sunglasses for Megan. Also, she looks very fashionable in her pink bathing cape.

4. Flower Darlings - I’m loving the hippie vibe with Megan’s floral headpiece. The blue dress with the embroidered flowers is pretty. I do find it interesting that the artwork shows Sundance wearing a matching dress, but her piece is actually a cape.

5. Sweet Dreams - This is the nightgown (duh) for Megan and Sundance. It’s a white nightgown with purple flowers and lace trim. For some reason, it comes with purple shoes for both girl and pony. Not sure why it doesn’t come with slippers…. I feel like Sundance would be more comfortable (and look cuter) in the Sweet Dreams ensemble from the year 2 Pony Wear line. The artwork of Megan and Sundance snuggled up together, catching some zzz’s is just so heartwarming.

6. Ice Princesses - This is cute and the ice skates are a fun touch, but I prefer the ice-skating ensemble that comes with the Mother and Baby Pony Wear. I do have to wonder why Sundance isn’t wearing her skates in the artwork.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will be ranking Baby Pony Wear with Pocket Pals.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Megan and Pony Wear
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
It was so hard to pick between Picnic in the Park and Country Jamboree, but I'm anticipating the latter outfit getting a ton of votes, so I went with Picnic in the Park. In fact, one of the first patterns I made in Animal Crossing: New Horizons was Megan's dress from the set! (If you want it, I did upload it, and you can find it with my creator ID in my sig, but it's really not my best work.)

Really, though, I don't know what my favorite of the two is. I love the colors on Country Jamboree, but I also love the style of Picnic in the Park... I don't have a Megan or any of her clothes, though, so perhaps the answer would be clearer in person.

Third place is Flower Darlings. I just love the volume of the skirt! The other three can really go in any order for me. I prefer Megan's default outfits to those, but I still think they're all super cute!

As for Megan's default outfits...
1. UK 2- It's Country Jamboree. Lovely colors, nice puffy sleeves, cute heart detail... and cartoon association, of course!
2. UK 1- I love the pattern on the skirt and the top of the romper! I'm not sure how I feel about the pants portion, but you can't really see it with the skirt. You can wear it with or without the skirt- it's pretty versatile.
3. US 1- Lovely pastel colors!
4. US 3 (TAF)- I like the fact that it's decorated with Sundance's symbol.
5. US 2 (So Soft)- Nothing against this one, I just like the others better.

How cool would it have been if every other outfit had a version for Megan? That wouldn't have happened, but who could resist seeing Megan in, say, Flashprance? I might attempt custom versions of them, but my track record is pretty bad when it comes to doll clothes!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:20 PM »
I didn't own any of these...not sure why, since I did have Megan and Sundance at one point. Maybe because my Sundance was the SS version and I didn't think she needed clothes, I don't know. I think the artwork for these is way cuter than the actual clothes, and I think they cheaped out by making all of Sundance's outfits be capes rather than full dresses.

1. Country Jamboree
2. Flower Darlings
3. Picnic in the Park
4. By the Sea
5. Ice Princesses
6. Sweet Dreams

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
Considering the UK ONLY had Country Jamboree (one of our Megan & Sundance releases came wearing it), that got the instant fave from me. Added bonus: Megan wears her part in the movie.

Aside from that I love the fact Megan gets a fun dress (Picnic in the Park), a swimsuit (By The Sea), some winter wear (Ice Princesses) & some nightclothes (M&S Sweet Dreams).

I FINALLY got the wraparound skirt to go with her playsuit from the first UK set. I don't have her first US Dress though (may have to get that)

I prefer Megan hanging wi the Ponies in trouser suits, & her playsuit is the best of both worlds, though my Megan wanted a white cardigan knitted for her as her arms were freezing in it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
I would say this is my list

1 flower darlings
2 Country Jamboree
3 Picnic in the Park
4 Sweet Dreams
5 By the Sea
6 Ice Princessess

I had flower darlings and country jamboree when I was younger I kinda have them incomplete through a trade.
the only one I have complete is Picnic in the Park.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:04:57 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
I am pretty sure that's the reason the UK set came with Country Jamboree, to match the animation releases. Otherwise it could've been any of them, or maybe something completely different.

I love the Megan & Sundance wear (bonus, can also call it M&S wear which amuses me xD) but some of mine are MOC. I think I have a couple loose, including Country Jamboree which I also have on card. I voted Country Jamboree because of the UK connections ;)

I actually love the M&S wear more than Megan. Which is wrong but oh well.

I think I have all of them complete except I am missing the red ribbon from whichever set that one is. Off the top of my head I'm not sure...

The other UK outfit with 1986 Megan is...mysterious to say the least. Why we had it is unknown. It is kind of cute though. And not too difficult to find, thankfully!

I have the US dress and the SS dress as well. Plus the TAF one with her dress. I'm not sure about the SS dress. The original US dress is kind of pretty but a bit generic. I like the TAF dress simply for it's matching qualities. But I prefer the actual M&S wear.

(Then there's molly and her stripey tights. I guess she's a fan of Strawberry Shortcake)

The idea of making clothes for Megan is actually an appealing one. I've made a lot of show outfits for Jem dolls in the past - plus one IT doll - though they are bigger. I don't know about making matching ones for the existing outfits, but I wonder if I still have any fabric left. Three weeks of lockdown remaining after all...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 04:53:12 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 03:02:12 PM »
I have always likes Ice Princesses.  I remember getting it after my dog left teeth marks in Megan's leg.  Devastating.  But the tights cover up the bite really well. 

I also adore Sundance's coat.  I loved luring my hamster through it and making her look like she was wearing it.  The cute was unbearable.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal