collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Three Ponyville/Mermaid questions  (Read 892 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Three Ponyville/Mermaid questions
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »
I have three questions about certain Ponyville ponies.

1. Sing & Dance with StarSong variants
So, there are apparently three variants of this girl, seen in the spoiler.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Images from My Little Wiki, Strawberry Reef, and a random dead eBay listing, respectively.
The first one (blue shoes) comes from the single version, and the third one (pink shoes) comes from the four-pack. I have not seen the middle one (yellow shoes) MIP, or even any other images of her at all! I assumed at first that she was a random variation of the single release, since that's what Strawberry Reef claimed her to be, although the blue shoes variant is not shown there and there is no mention that there might be a variation. She kinda looks like she could be a variant of the four-pack release, just based on her color scheme. It's quite the leap to assume she's some kind of error or escaped prototype, but for all I know, she could be from an alternate universe, placed here by fifth-dimensional beings with the sole purpose of confusing me. Does anybody else have yellow shoes StarSong (or better yet, have MIP pics)?

2. Mermaid StarSong
So, there appear to be multiple variants of her, too! Oh, joy!
She has a star at the joint of her tail just before the fin. This star is ALWAYS white, but SOMETIMES has the center painted pink. Her two releases, Undersea Melodies and Mermaid Dolphin Carriage, show opposite sides of her when MIB. I've seen them both, and the pink star is visible on both. The logical assumption is that each release has only one side painted, but you know what assume does. I just want to make sure that anyone who has a loose one has StarSongs consistent with this, and none have both or neither sides painted. Sorry if this one's a little silly, because if I'm right, it's obvious, but I was taught to never assume anything and to always second-guess everything, which I do struggle with, so here we are.

3. Hairstyles in a Snap
Finally, are G3 and G3.5 wigs interchangeable? I've never seen one style wear the other's wigs. Their ears don't seem to be the same distance apart, nor do the rectangular tabs/notches seem to be the same size, but I know that the La-Ti-Da Hair and Spa set had a G3.5 rerelease with G3 wig heads and recycled molds for some of the wigs... Heck, does anyone know of a complete list of wigs? The ones from the spa are the hardest part, since it had two releases with color variations on at least one, if not both. I can't find a good list anywhere, and it's hard to make your own.

Thanks in advance!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Three Ponyville/Mermaid questions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
Okay, let's see what I've got...

1. Sing & Dance StarSong
Single

4-pack

Singles vs. 4-packs

I have no clue about the yellow shoe version.

2. Mermaid StarSong
Mermaid Dolphin Carriage

all three StarSong's are the same:

Undersea Melodies

Both StarSong's are the same

StarSong also came in another set: Mermaid Ponies Birthday Splash from Toys R Us

Both Starsong's are the same

3. Hairstyles in a Snap
I'm not sure on this one.  Sadly, except for a few sets, most of mine are boxed up due to having to tear down sections of my displays in the basement due to home repairs (water leak in January, foundation issues in February, and having to move furniture around to set up a home office/school work area!).  I'll update this when my daughter finds hers (Good luck finding anything in a teenagers room!).
As for the La-Ti-Da Hair and Spa sets...

and

As you can see, I am big into accessory color variations too...

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 06:20:16 PM »
Thank you so much for the information!

I'm now leaning toward ol' yellow shoes being placed into foreign-language boxes if she isn't just a random oddball. I might try searching foreign eBay for her to see if I can even find another loose example.

I guess I was right about Mermaid StarSong... not that I'm surprised in the least! And yeah, I did forget about the birthday set! I saw the two variants on one site from the same side, where one was claimed to come with Undersea Melodies and the other with the carriage, so I didn't feel the need to fact-check it.

It's so interesting to see color variations of accessories! I had a complete list of G3.5 ponies (and I think one for Core 7 G3) on one of my mom's old computers (it won't boot anymore and while my dad could get them off, he's as much of a procrastinator as I am!), but I didn't include accessories on that list since it seemed so complicated at the time. If I ever get my hands on it, I will be noting your variations!

And the spa with all of its variations... It's impressive to own so many! Imagine trying to look for MIB eBay listings to make a list- it was a nightmare, and that's why I didn't! One of the wig heads is comfortably wearing the Sweetie Belle pigtails, so they do appear to be interchangeable!

Thanks again for coming through with this!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:34:02 PM »
I am so glad someone has info on this gen, because I'm very under-educated about Ponyville LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 01:16:15 AM »
I had a bit of fun playing with the wig ponies, and found that they can’t share wigs. The 3.5 ones are huge and really odd looking on the g3s, and they are loose. The peg and hole in the head on the g3s is much shallower and smaller, whilst g3.5s have quite a deep indent and a larger chunk of plastic on the wig. The g3 wigs are super tight on 3.5s and don’t go on all the way, they’ll stay on but they kind of float which looks a bit funny  :lol:

Sunsparkle xx

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »
I had a bit of fun playing with the wig ponies, and found that they can’t share wigs. The 3.5 ones are huge and really odd looking on the g3s, and they are loose. The peg and hole in the head on the g3s is much shallower and smaller, whilst g3.5s have quite a deep indent and a larger chunk of plastic on the wig. The g3 wigs are super tight on 3.5s and don’t go on all the way, they’ll stay on but they kind of float which looks a bit funny  :lol:

Sunsparkle xx

Thanks for that.  My child still hasn't located hers (although I'm not sure she really tried!), and we weren't sure.  Her opinion was "some might, some wont".

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal