collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite Mother and Baby Pony outfit?

Sunday Stroll
Pony Workout / Fun Run
Ready for Rainbows / Rainy Day
Prima Ballerina
Sun and Fun / Beach Party
Snow Angels / Ice Dance

Author Topic: Ranking Mother and Baby Pony outfits  (Read 594 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Ranking Mother and Baby Pony outfits
« on: November 10, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
Today I am ranking Mother and Baby Pony Wear! As always, here is a link to the outfits:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Mother_and_Baby_Pony_Wear

I’d like to thank MintyMyndi for identifying all the pony models. You can find that in the thread where I ranked Pony Wear with Jewelry. And now my ranking:

1. Pony Workout - At first I had this ranked towards the bottom because I was just like, whatever, it’s just workout wear, but then the more I thought about it, the more I loved this look. For one thing, I would love to own an outfit like this. I love the blue hoodie with red and gold trim and the matching sweat pants. This would be amazing to just lounge around in! (Who said anything about working out?) Also, the stars on the hoodie are the cutest detail. I *love* the artwork on the card, even though it looks like Moondancer and Baby Moondancer are earth ponies for some reason….but I love the autumn leaves falling as they’re crossing a small stream of water with a waterfall in the background. Of course it makes sense that they’re wearing a hoodie if they’re exercising in the crisp autumn air!

2. Snow Angels - Adorable pink coat with white fur trim and  silver detail that comes with a matching hat and ice skates…so cute! The artwork of Blossom and Baby Blossom skating on an ice-covered pond is totes adorbes. There is a Megan and Sundance Pony Wear of their own version of a winter coat with ice skates and I much prefer this version. In fact, I have this outfit and Sundance is wearing it…looks much better than her own ice skating outfit!

3. Sunday Stroll - The print for the two pink dresses is the same floral print that’s used on the sleeping bonnet for the Sweet Dreams ensemble. This looks is so sweet and the lace bonnets, pink shoes, and matching pink purses just make them ever sweeter. The artwork of Blossom and her baby (they sure are quite the models!) is probably one of the more precious MLP artwork I’ve ever seen. I just love how they’re looking at each other adoringly as they’re prancing around in a meadow in what could only be accurately described as a Sunday stroll!

4. Ready For Rainbows - If I were ranking these by name, this one would be first…. “Ready For Rainbows”…adorable! This is a yellow and red raincoat with a matching rain hat and purse (can’t forget the pony purse!) and the red galoshes that finish off the outfit are just too cute for words. It really hurts to put this at number four, but that’s just how many wonderful and adorable outfits there are in this collection of pony wear. Not sure what the material is made out of since I don’t own this, but I hope it’s vinyl or some material that would work as waterproof. They artwork shows Cotton Candy and Baby CC modeling this and of course they look cute, but, I have to say the red galoshes sort of clash with their pink bodies. Just sayin’! Not only is finding a pony in the right pose a big factor of pony wear looking good, but also if the outfit coordinates with the pony’s colors!

5. Sun and Fun - Even though I owned the Waterfall and Paradise Estate with the pool, bathing ponies were never my thing. The only ponies who ever saw the inside of PE pool were my two seaponies, Ripple and Celebrate. That’s why this yellow polka dot bikini with pink sunhat and towel is ranked on the lower end. Fun fact: I had a bikini like this when I was five or six and it was only later when I realized my mom probably bought it because of that stupid song and thought it would be cute. I would say a pony wearing a bikini is the silliest thing, but then again, a pony wearing any type of clothing is quite silly!

6. Prima Ballerina - While the artwork of Glory and Baby Glory prancing away in their leotards and tutus and leg warmers is absolutely delightful and adorable, I’m just not taken with the actual outfit itself. I think it’s the fact that the leotard is pink and white striped. Much like I thought the rainbow leotard from Flashprance should have been a solid color, I also think this should have been as well. Maybe black or pink. For someone who never wears leotards, I sure have an opinion of what they should look like!

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will be ranking Megan and (Sundance) Pony Wear.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Mother and Baby Pony outfits
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:09:11 PM »
My fave of this lot is Ice Dance!!! I used to have the adult one when I was younger, along with the adult Sunday Stroll (second). Ballerina comes third for me, then the rain outfits (the UK Rainy Day was different in texture & style of hat)

I don't hate any of these, in fact my male Ponies love the Fun Run tracksuits, while the bikinis are good for summer-themed Ponies.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »
1. Pony Workout. This is the only set I don't have, so maybe without seeing it in person it's unfair of me to rank it first, but I always wanted it even as a kid. It looked like an outfit I would have wanted to wear as a kid in the 80's. This seems to be the hardest set to find; I've been looking for it for a few months. I never noticed the detail that the Moondancers look like earth ponies before. The artwork sure is cute, though, for all of these!

2. Snow Angels. I wanted this set really badly, and although I like it, I liked it better in pictures. It's a brighter pink than I thought it should be, and my set is a little more worn than I would have preferred. Cute set, though.

3. Ready for Rainbows. I actually liked this one in person more than I thought I would. I did put it on Mama and Baby Cotton Candy (they were just the closest mama-baby set I had available when it arrived, just coincidence), and despite the clashing colors, it actually looked cute on them. Bright red and yellow probably clash with most pastel ponies, I imagine! It's kind of a windbreaker material, sort of waterproof-feeling. Lighter material than a real raincoat would be, but I imagine it's hard to work with thicker fabrics when making something so small.

4. Sun and Fun. I'll be honest, I have this set but I have yet to put it on any ponies yet. I had already dressed most of my mama-and-baby sets by the time these outfits arrived, except for the Firefly/Surprise sets, and I didn't feel like trying to jam these tiny swimsuits over their wings. It's a cute idea, though!

5. Prima Ballerina. I was disappointed in these. I wanted them so the ponies could wear them at the Baby Bonnet school of dance, but the leotards were so small I felt like I was going to bust a seam trying to stretch it onto my ponies. It looked super tight and stretched out once I got it on. The legwarmers are a different material than the better-quality ones that came with Baby Halfnote or with Flashprance, and seem to want to come apart very easily.

6. Sunday Stroll. These outfits just aren't my style...I'm not a fan of frilly things, and as a kid these reminded me of some outfit I would have fought my mom about wearing to church. But I can see why others like them, though.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 06:54:20 AM »
Ready For Rainbows is simple, but cute. I have always loved rainy days.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:58:23 AM »
I love Snow Angels best on actual ponies.  But, Ready for Rainbows is my favorite backcard art.  So cute.  All of the art for these make the outfits seem so much better.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 08:29:47 PM »
Ready For Rainbows, it's so adorable!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »
I like the snow angels set :)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
My favorite one is Sunday stroll. I  noticed they used alot of cute rosebud fabric for newborn night gowns or pony ones. I really love it. :) I also think my second favorite is prima ballerinas. Though all the oufits are super cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal