collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite Pony Wear with Jewelry outfit?

Hearts and Candy / My Valentine
Light, Camera, Action / Movie Star
Sweetness and Lace / Champagne and Lace
Pageant Queen
Something Old, Something New
From the Designer's Collection / Scarlett Sensation

Author Topic: Ranking Pony Wear with Jewelry  (Read 1010 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ranking Pony Wear with Jewelry
« on: November 09, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
Today I will be ranking Pony Wear with jewelry. I have to be honest: this is probably my least favorite Pony Wear collection. It’s very girly and that’s just not my aesthetic. I didn’t own any of these as a child and I don’t own any of them now, though I wouldn’t be opposed to have my top two.

As always, here is a link to these outfits:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Pony_Wear_with_Jewelry
Okay, could somebody tell me who some of these ponies are? The only one I recognize is Glory in the Hearts and Candy outfit and Tootie Tails in Sweetness and Lace. I’m guessing the ones I don’t recognize are Nirvana ponies? I know I’m going to feel dumb when I find out who they are! Wait…is that Nightglider wearing From the Designer’s Collection? Anyway, here is my ranking:

1. Hearts and Candy - Even though it looked like Valentine’s Day threw up on this dress, it is pretty sweet. I like the bold red color with lace and I’m sure it pops when it’s on display. The bonnet just adds to the look. It comes with a red heart pendant that I’m sure many were lost.

2. From the Designer’s Collection - There’s a familiarity to this outfit because while I didn’t own it, I did have the silver purse and pink dangly earrings it comes with. Must have come from one of the two Pony Packs I had. I don’t remember those ever being a thing and only know about them now when I was doing research for these rankings. To be honest, there is a lot going on with this ensemble with the ruffles and sequins and if I were the pony wearing this, I would remove the earrings. Wasn’t it Coco Chanel who said to always remove one accessory before leaving the house? True words to live by.

3. Lights, Camera, Action - From one of my Pony Packs, I had the pair of “glasses” (I don’t know how they can be called glasses when there are no lenses). For the longest time, I didn’t know if those were glasses or a headband…sometimes my pony would wear it over their eyes and sometime over their ears. I like the gold lace gown with the white boa (I had a hot pink boa for my ponies…it came with Tap Dancer (I think)), but the jewelry that came with this is kinda lame: it’s just a gold choker that just looks like a piece of stretchy gold fabric.

4. Sweetness and Lace - This outfit is a little weird to me because it feels like pony lingerie…it’s a purple nightgown with a lace trim and a matching robe. The material seems flimsy and sheer, not the terrycloth material the pajamas from the Sweet Dreams ensemble are made of. I don’t own this outfit, so I don’t know how the material really is. I do like the purple slippers with the dark pink fur or feather or whatever that’s supposed to be that’s on them. This came with a pearl necklace…something we all like to wear when we sleep! I do love that the UK version of this outfit is called Champagne and Lace.

5. Something Old, Something New - I was never into throwing weddings for my ponies (despite having Pony Bride even though she was one of three ponies I surrendered when my mom asked me to go through my ponies and give away any I didn’t want), so this wedding gown and veil never appealed to me as a child, though it is probably the most elaborate pony wear outfit, if I had to guess. Obviously, the piece of jewelry that it came with was a ring. It also came with a garter which greatly amuses me.

6. Pageant Queen - To me, this is the least memorable, so that’s why it’s ranked last. Also, I’ve never been into pageants of any kind, so there’s that too. This is a silver dress that came with a sash (of course) and a tiara (of course). There was also a silver purse which I did own. In fact, isn’t that the same silver purse that came with From the Designer’s Collection?

Which is your favorite outfit from this collection? Which is your least favorite? What were the ones you had as a child?

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will be ranking Mother and Baby Pony Wear….and that one was a tough one to rank!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Pony Wear with Jewelry
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 09:26:26 PM »
I picked Lights, Camera, Action as number one. I never had this one as a kid, but I recently acquired it, and I put it on my long-haired Medley and she looks so glamorous in it! She can't wear the 4th shoe of course, because of her pose, but I just display her on her other side. The shoes to this outfit are weird; it's like they are made out of a stiffer plastic than the normal soft rubber that pony shoes usually are. Mine is missing the choker, which I didn't realize when I ordered it.

2. Hearts and Candy. I never owned this one, but I remember seeing it in the pamphlet as a kid, and wanting it for some reason. Girly, ruffly stuff was never my style, but yet I wanted this outfit. I can't seem to find one with all the pieces intact...you are right about the pendant, most seemed to have become casualties of careless children, I guess.

3. Satin and Lace. This was the only one we had from this set when we were kids; it was my sister's outfit actually. She must have lost the slippers right away because I don't remember ever having them. It is kind of a lingerie material, a silky slip material for the underneath part, and a sheer, gauzy overlay. If this is pajamas, then it's a bit baffling why it needs a pearl necklace, but hey...it works. I guess in the 80's, ponies didn't just wear yoga pants to bed like I do  XD

4. From the Designers Collection. I'd probably rank this one higher if I had ever actually seen it in person, but I haven't. I'd love to get one, but again I can't seem to find one with all the pieces. Like you, I think it would be a bit much with the earrings, but I don't really want to buy it without them either.

5. Something Old, Something New. I also was never into wedding stuff for my ponies. I wasn't even that into wedding stuff when I got married...shoot, my wedding dress was blue! Guess the whole traditional white wedding thing never appealed to me, even as a kid.

6. Pageant Queen. I remember seeing this one in the pamphlet, but it didn't jump out at me. I've never seen it in person, and it just didn't interest me. We did have the silver purse to this, also probably from a pony pack.

I was confused too on who the ponies were...it's like whoever compiled these pictures purposely went out of their way to find obscure ponies to dress up, it's kind of funny. I think I figured out most of them in the mother-and-baby wear pictures below them, but not sure about the ponywear with jewelry photos other than Glory, TT and Nightglider.

ETA: I had to go back and look, and I find it amusing that they used the Big Brothers to model the costumes, if you keep scrolling down  :frolic:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 09:29:26 PM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »
Hearts and Candy is my most wanted set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »
I really like a lot of these, but Hearts and Candy is one of my all-time favorite Pony Wear sets, so here's another vote for it! It really doesn't surprise me that it's so popular. I've thought about making a human version for one of my few human dolls, but haven't acted on it... Perhaps it's better that way; the only garment I've completed was when I tried to make a pair of skinny jeans for my OMG doll, and they turned out... bad. They're not skinny in the slightest (my brother calls them "mom jeans") and her butt hangs out whenever she sits!

For those of you confused about the models, I've actually gone and identified them all!
Hearts and Candy- Glory
Lights, Camera, Action- Strawberry Scoops with only her pink ringlet visible
Sweetness and Lace- Tootie Tails* (US name)/Summer Heatwave (cooler name)
Pageant Queen- Argie Powder
Something Old, Something New- Argie Novia (Truly variant, Pony Bride counterpart)
From the Designer Collection- Night Glider
The one who gave me the most trouble on that page was deflocked Taffy in Strike Up the Band!

*Good grief, who decided to call her Tootie Tails? I was shocked when I got into Fairy Tails and found out that was a set of six- they had two perfectly good names they could have used instead! Imagine her being "Top Banana" or even just "Sunny!" I'm sure her name confused many a child who didn't know the origin!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:49:06 AM »
Well, I wasn't very clued up on pony wear before but now I'm quite keen on it, there are some very cute outfits! My favourite of this lot would have to be the Pageant Queen one, as I like the silvery look, but I also really like the frilliness of the Designer Collection one. :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 09:27:20 AM »
For me My Valentine (UK names) wins this, with Movie Star second & Scarlet Sensation third. We DID have a wedding outfit in the UK, which came with Confetti, but Pageant Queen was never ours. I do agree: Champagne & Lace is a luxury bedtime outfit. The rest can be worn at a Pony ball (except the Wedding outfit)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 03:01:24 PM »
For those of you confused about the models, I've actually gone and identified them all!
Hearts and Candy- Glory
Something Old, Something New- Argie Novia (Truly variant, Pony Bride counterpart)
The one who gave me the most trouble on that page was deflocked Taffy in Strike Up the Band!

Thank you for identifying those! I figured that was deflocked Taffy in Strike Up the Band, but I can't seem to figure out who's wearing Having a Luau or City Kids...the green unicorn has to be a nirvana.

Well, I wasn't very clued up on pony wear before but now I'm quite keen on it, there are some very cute outfits! My favourite of this lot would have to be the Pageant Queen one, as I like the silvery look, but I also really like the frilliness of the Designer Collection one. :heart:

I know, right? I was really never into Pony Wear myself. As a child, I had about seven outfits total. But recently, I've gotten into it which inspired me to do these rankings and in about the last month I've acquired 8 ponywear outfits from ebay!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 04:30:58 PM »
Hearts and Candy- Glory

Thank you for identifying those! I figured that was deflocked Taffy in Strike Up the Band, but I can't seem to figure out who's wearing Having a Luau or City Kids...the green unicorn has to be a nirvana.

Allow me to ID the whole page! Some of these are obvious, but I'll list them all.

Year Two
Spoiler
Pony Royal- Princess Tiffany/Pearl
Sweet Dreams- Bowtie
Best of the West- Applejack
The Tea Party- Vanilla Treat
Great Skates- Gusty
Parade Pizzazz- Tic Tac Toe

Year Three
Spoiler
Pony Luv- Bowtie
Pom Pom Pony- Music Time
party Time- Kiss Curl
Flashprance- Sunbeam

W/ Jewellery- see above

Mom & Baby
Sunday Stroll- Hopscotch, Baby Hopsi
Pony Workout- Love in a Mist, Ember (pink)
Snow Angels- Powder, Baby Noddins
Sun and Fun- Sunlight, Baby Sunribbon
Ready for Rainbows- Mommy & Baby Sister Sweet Celebrations
Prima Ballerina- Merriweather, Baby Alphabet

Year Four
Spoiler
Having a Luau- Argie Cherries Jubilee
Strike up the Band- Taffy (deflocked)
Neon Lights- Sugarberry/ Strawberry Fair
City Kids- Argie Rock pony (symbol similar to Half Note)

Baby Wear
Bunnysuit- Baby Sparkle Firefly
Overalls- Baby Starbow
Dragonsuit- Baby Pictures
Sunsuit- Baby Count-a-Lot (also incorrectly known as Baby Abacus)
Snowsuit- Baby Susie
Jumper- white Valentine twin
Bathrobe- Ember (lavender)
Clown Suit- Baby Tic Tac Toe

Megan and Pony Wear- all sets are Megan and Sundance

Year Five
Spoiler
Play & Wear- Mountain Boys... why, exactly? The outfits barely fit!
Hit the Slopes- Thundercloud
Milk 'N Cookies- Lightning
Sidewalk Surfer- Sunburst
Pretty as a Picture- Tornado (faded hair)
Pony Holiday- Fireball
Get into the Groove- Ice Crystal

Costume Wear
Pony-Naut- TE Sky Rocket
Rockin' the Night Away- Sweet Clover (pink)
Abra-Ca-Dabra- Gingerbread
Galaxy Glamour- Speedy (bright)
Academy Award- Dainty Dahlia
In the Center Ring- Cranberry Muffins

Baby Wear
Sleepwear- Ember (Ember's Dream)
Lion Suit- Baby Applejack
Party Dress- Baby Bowtie
Elephant Suit- Baby Pineapple

While a lot of these model choices were made with the card art or stickers in mind, I have a feeling there was some intentional obscurity thrown in!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
Thank you so much for identifying the pony models! I knew a few of them, but others I could not place. Yeah, I don't understand why Mountain Boy ponies were used for the Play and Wear collection...you'd think the outfits wouldn't fit! Although it does seem some fit a bit snug  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 10:32:19 PM »
Hearts and Candy/My Valentine was always my favorite.  It was the only Pony Wear outfit I had as a kid.  Unfortunately I'm pretty sure most of it is long gone.  I've only been able to find one red shoe from the outfit.  :sad: 

I think it's really interesting how different the backcards are for Sweetness and Lace and Champagne and Lace.

http://www.mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Sweetness_and_Lace

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »
My Valentine/Hearts and Candy for me :) I adore that set, and have multiples of it loose and one set MOC :) it's super cute ^^

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal