collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High 2021 TV show?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Monster High 2021 TV show?
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:10:10 PM »
I read somewhere that there will be a 2021 MH show set to air on Nickelodeon? Any news if this is true or false?

Post Merge: November 09, 2020, 04:10:45 PM

If it’s true, could this mean that there will be a reboot?

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High 2021 TV show?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:42:13 PM »
I hope it's true!
And actually good if it is...
I read more at https://nickelodeonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_High_(2021_TV_series)

but it seems like famous VAs?
And then they are bringing back Ghoulia?

That seems a little fishy because wasn't Ghoulia quietly dropped because "She was offensive"? If they were bringing her back AND she could talk the 'offense' would be off her but that site says otherwise.

I would love to see more of MH, so long as they kept the real ghoul spirit of the line in place.
Like, the dolls have to be beautiful and have tons of detail, and it needs to keep the look and not turn into big goggle-eyed goofy Teen Titans ripoffs like everything seems to be doing. (Oh no, Strawberry Shortcake)

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 06:52:35 AM »
I hope it's true!
And actually good if it is...
I read more at https://nickelodeonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_High_(2021_TV_series)

but it seems like famous VAs?
And then they are bringing back Ghoulia?

That seems a little fishy because wasn't Ghoulia quietly dropped because "She was offensive"? If they were bringing her back AND she could talk the 'offense' would be off her but that site says otherwise.

I would love to see more of MH, so long as they kept the real ghoul spirit of the line in place.
Like, the dolls have to be beautiful and have tons of detail, and it needs to keep the look and not turn into big goggle-eyed goofy Teen Titans ripoffs like everything seems to be doing. (Oh no, Strawberry Shortcake)

Ugh sorry I meant to comment but accidentally sent a message!

Post Merge: November 10, 2020, 06:53:34 AM

That’s what I was thinking about the voice actors. Maybe it’s not real then. :cry:

I didn’t know that they stopped making ghoulia! She was one of my favorite dolls. How was she considered offensive? Because she didn’t speak?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:11:33 AM »
https://nickelodeonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_High_(2021_TV_series)

Nickelodeon "Fanon"... Fanon = fan stuff. For some reason there's a lot of these "fanon wikis" about, where people make up fake episode synopses and TV shows and stuff, and (usually) don't clearly indicate they're fanfiction.

Sounds fake to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 07:59:23 AM »
Yeah this looks like a wiki for fans to write up concept for fake TV shows, it's not real at all.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 08:22:11 AM »
Yeah this looks like a wiki for fans to write up concept for fake TV shows, it's not real at all.

That’s what I thought! :(

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 05:36:47 PM »
It seems like it would be a long shot since even when MH was successful there was no TV series.

Removing Ghoulia was far more offensive than her role in the series. I've said it before but she broke 2 major stereotypes: She was a smart zombie (thus showing that people are not defined by what they are but what they can do) and she communicated differently (thus showing that people with communication issues are not stupid but can actually be brilliant).

...I imagine because she did those things some flappy idiots decided she was misrepresenting something or other and complained.

But I've heard a lot of people, especially on the spectrum, who could identify with Ghoulia and loved her for being different. So I suspect the people who were offended by her are probably the same people whose general opinions offend me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 12:55:27 PM »
I came running so fast, too bad it's nothing official ^^#

Removing Ghoulia was far more offensive than her role in the series. I've said it before but she broke 2 major stereotypes: She was a smart zombie (thus showing that people are not defined by what they are but what they can do) and she communicated differently (thus showing that people with communication issues are not stupid but can actually be brilliant).

...I imagine because she did those things some flappy idiots decided she was misrepresenting something or other and complained.

Has there been ANY form of proof that this is why Ghoulia was gone from the reboot? All I ever read was rumors made up by angry fans blaming mothers (as per usual parents are not allowed to have a say in a toyline directed towards their little daughters, lol).

I can imagine Ghoulia just didn't market-test well because she only went "ughhh" all the time, so they threw her out. Similar to Applejack missing from some G4 toylines because she was always farm-themed and orange (and when parents buy stuff for little girls they sadly tend to go with the pink/blue/purple trifecta, hence why Pinkie/Twilight/RD became the face of the franchise for a while).

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 03:20:54 AM »
But I've heard a lot of people, especially on the spectrum, who could identify with Ghoulia and loved her for being different. So I suspect the people who were offended by her are probably the same people whose general opinions offend me.

This is why I appreciate her character concept so much. <3

And yes, as others have said, the 2021 Monster High show is just a fan concept. :(
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 06:06:50 PM »
Forgot to update this thread, but it looks like MH is returning!!  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:29 PM »
Was thinking about this thread when the news first broke. Maybe you should buy lottery tickets.  :lol:

Sig by Starscout <3

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 08:05:44 PM »
Was thinking about this thread when the news first broke. Maybe you should buy lottery tickets.  :lol:
LOL maybe I will  :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 12:56:47 AM »
Why was I not informed of this?! :P

https://deadline.com/2021/02/monster-high-live-action-tv-movie-animated-series-reboot-nickelodeon-mattel-1234698667/

It's slated for next year and some people from DC Superhero Girls are attached, so it could be interesting.
Probably an unpopular opinion but if they made them look more like the new DCSHG I wouldn't mind at all. The G2 designs looked cute as cartoons but really bland as products because they all had that sweet and doe-eyed Entchantimals style. Not very monster-y. With more stylization they could make them look interesting again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal