collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 20 questions for collectors!  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
Re: 20 questions for collectors!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »
1. What got you into collecting MLP?

G1 was a friendly and familiar part of my childhood that I've just always had a soft spot for.

2. Did you like MLP as a child?

Absolutely!  My childhood best friend and I had many many long play sessions with ponies having various epic adventures.

3. What generations do you collect?

Mostly G1 with a bit of G3 thrown in and just a couple G4s.  I wouldn't object to having a G2 in there if the right one came along.

4. Who is your favorite pony?

It's extremely hard to pick but I generally go with my childhood favorite Cool Breeze.

5. Who was your first pony?

So Soft Truly and Magic Star were given to me when I was two.

6. Who was the last pony you got?

Hm, I suppose that would be the rather sorry looking Magic Star I deflocked (not my childhood one, who's in decent shape) as I wanted to add a deflocked version of her to the collection.

7. What is your favorite generation?

G1 by a longshot.  It's nostalgia goggles all the way, but the 80s knew how to do a sweet, soft, and charming toy line.

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)

Honestly the first two or three seasons of FiM are really something special.  They really capture something perfectly balanced between the epic storytelling we loved as kids, and a gentle and friendly morality for the modern era.  IMO It goes rapidly downhill from there though, sadly.

9. What is your favorite pose?

I think the sitting pose (Bubbles pose) is super cute.  I understand why more weren't done in that pose (as it didn't work for pony wear) but I think it has a lot of character and charm.

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one?

I sure have!  I love doing customs and alternate rehairs.  My husband and I both customize Monster High dolls and BJDs together too.  You can see what I've done on my blog, here: https://mlpmemories.tumblr.com/tagged/Custom

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest?

My biggest is my childhood Dream Beauty - Spritzy.  My smallest are probably my childhood collection of petite ponies.

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection?

Hm, not counting fakies and petites it's about 50 if you lump both my childhood herd (30) and current collection (20).  If you count fakies (15) and petites (27) and associated stuff (3) it's closer to 95.

13. How is your collection displayed?

I have about 20 ponies currently displayed on a small shelf in our studio/guest room, along with other artists vinyl, toys I think are fun/interesting, and this and that.  (My childhood ponies are currently in storage).

14. What is your least favorite pose?

Tough choice but probably the Waterfire pose for G3 (which is a shame because I otherwise like that pony).  Something about it puts me off, I can't put my finger on it.

15. What is your dream collection like?

I pretty much have it!  There's a couple things I wouldn't mind adding if I could ever find them, but I know they're much too price prohibitive for me (a Takara for example, as well as the Greek Ladybird, and G2 copperglow.)

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)?

Hm, probably some G3 bait lots I bought to customize.  I think I bought three lots of about 20 (I didn't end up customizing them all, and ended up re-selling many as they weren't really bait quality, and just needed some TLC).

17. What is your favorite part about collecting?

It's just a nice peaceful personal thing to do.  My collection makes me smile, and is a pleasant thing to have in our studio.

18. What is your favorite pony website?

I think I'd have to say this one!

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand?

I'm really not a picky collector, but if I would like a pony for display I'd prefer it not to have major pen marks/discoloration, big chews or body chunks missing, or a severe hair cut.  Otherwise I think I can clear up most other issues or they don't bother me.

20. How complete is your collection?

It's as complete as I would like it for now!  That could change, and when we own our own home I'd like to get my childhood herd out of storage and displayed with the others, but otherwise I'm quite content with what I have!

In terms of completeness from a 'full collection' standpoint it's very small and not at all anywhere near complete, but I'm not that kind of collector.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 12:04:32 AM »
Ooh, this is very fun!

As a small child I saw a commercial for G3 (it had *just* been released, 2003) and fell in love. I wanted nothing but ponies for xmas that year! Have collected them ever since. My aunt gave me her childhood collection of G1s, as well, once I was a bit older.

I was obsessed!

1, 2, 3, & 4 (but no mane 6). Though, I do have one "Pony Life" (not sure what gen people refer to those as) and want one G3.5 (Dash's mom) just for the sake of having one of each gen.

Ohhh wowee. That is an extremely hard question.
Maybe Ice Crystal or Dutch Diary.

G3 Snowflake! Technically.
I got 6 ponies for Christmas when I had asked for nothing but ponies (after the aforementioned G3 commercial)
They were, Snowflake, Kimono, Cotton Candy, Star Swirl, Sparkleworks, & Meadow Brooke. But I opened Snowflake first, as she was in my stocking "from Santa." So i consider her my *first* first.

I *think* G4 Minty. Right before Covid hit the US I got a new job and went on a bit of a shopping spree for ponies I'd been after for quite a while.
Lost the job because of Covid and have not bought any for a bit, now.

G1! But I find it hard to choose as G2 and G3 are so dear to my heart as well.

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)

Hmmm... Probably the movies.

I suppose any front-facing pose. I much prefer it to side-facing.

I've made many, but don't own any, unless HQG1C count, in which case I have 3.

Biggest would be My Pretty Pony. Smallest would be World's Smallest MLPs.

Going by the checklist I keep, 253 brushables. I really only count brushables, though I do have ponies that are not.

On shelves, all squished together like sardines in a can! @_@ I need more space, and risers!

Jeez, that's hard. I don't know if there's any pose I seriously dislike that much for any MLP.
Maybe Tiffany/Twilight's pose, for G1. But I still love the both of them.

A room with floor to ceiling shelves on all four sides, full to the brim of ponies I love. :D lol!

An ebay lot! It had about 50 ponies, give or take. I've only ever bought two lots, that was the first. I was ecstatic both times!
The only reason I don't often buy lots is they were often full of ponies I already have, with only a handful of new ones, never enough to justify it.
With those two lots, they were almost all new/ones I've wanted forever! Only a couple duplicates.

The ponies, lol! :lovey: I just really love them & they make me happy.

MLPArena by far. :lovey:

Major ink stains/writing all over the body, or cut off/chewed up body pieces.

Not even close! lol
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:27:39 AM by Esbayne »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Dancing Butterflies probably.

Whoa whoa WHOAH! Them's fightin' words :P

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 10:11:25 AM »
Dancing Butterflies probably.

Whoa whoa WHOAH! Them's fightin' words :P

To be fair, it does fall over easily.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 11:36:47 AM »
1. What got you into collecting MLP? - So I've always been a fan of MLP, but when I had them (about 60) as a child, I never considered myself as a collector. I really didn't start collecting until a few months ago. Funnily enough, it was the last season of "Stranger Things" that got me into MLP again (you know, with that whole scene about Dustin calling Erica a nerd for liking MLP) which made me watch FIM and "Rescue at Midnight Castle" and "Escape from Katrina", which brought me over here which made me get interested in collecting...and here I am!

2. Did you like MLP as a child? - Oh, yes! They were my favorite toy! I had about 60 of them and I had all the playsets except for two. My 6th, 7th, and 8th birthday parties were pony-themed. I was Baby Moondancer for Halloween one year and Megan the next. My mom made fun of me because I had a special system I could recite all my ponies in. She thought it was in alphabetical order, but it wasn't...I had a system where I would list my earth ponies (adults, then babies), then pegasus, then unicorns. It just so happens that Applejack, Bow Tie, and Cotton Candy were the first three ponies named, hence why she thinks it was in alphabetical order

3. What generations do you collect? - G1; always and forever G1.

4. Who is your favorite pony? - Fizzy

5. Who was your first pony? - I received Applejack, Bowtie, Cotton Candy, and Lemon Drop (with the Show Stable) for Christmas when I was 4 or 5, but it you're talking about the fist pony to go into my collection, that would be Moonstone.

6. Who was the last pony you got? - Lickety Split and Gusty, but I have Twilight (unicorn) on the way.

7. What is your favorite generation? - G1; always and forever!

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc) - Probably the backwards, but I do love "Rescue at Midnight Castle".

9. What is your favorite pose? - Trotting pose ala Posey and Lickety Split.

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one? - No and no. I wouldn't even now how to make one!

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest? - Since all my ponies are G1 adults from Years 2 and 3, they're all the same size.

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection? - 28

13. How is your collection displayed? - On my new bookcase with seven shelves. However, right now they're pretty disorganized. I need to figure out how I want to display them. By pose? By Year? By Species? By Color? I just can't seem to figure it out!

14. What is your least favorite pose? - I know when I did my pose rankings I said I didn't dislike any unicorn pose even though I put the Powder pose in last place; but now that I have both Powder and Skyflier and have seen them in real life I just don't like that pose! No matter where I put them on display, they just don't look right.

15. What is your dream collection like? - Well, right now I'm working to have all the adult ponies from Years 2 and 3, but I wouldn't mind having all the Twinkle Eyes, So Softs and Twice as Fancy ponies. I also wouldn't mind having a couple Nirvanas.

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)? - I once got three ponies at once: Firefly, Glory, and Sunbeam.

17. What is your favorite part about collecting? - IDK, just being able to have ponies I never had as a child, I guess? I also just like to admire them too.

18. What is your favorite pony website? - Well, I like this one, obviously, but I feel like I use My Little Wiki the most.

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand? - Any noticeable spots that won't come out. Also not a fan of haircuts or damage to the mane or tail.

20. How complete is your collection? - Well, considering I'm only collection Year 2 and 3 adult ponies, I'm actually almost complete with my collection. But once I have all those, the question is will I start collection another set of ponies? And the answer is probably yes!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »

I got into MLP back in summer of 2011, when I was a teenager. I'd seen people talking about FiM online and I checked it out, watched through the first season which was all that was out at the time, and enjoyed it. Got some G4 toys shortly after, and then got into the previous generations from there.

Not like, prior to being a teen, but I did get into it as a teenager, which I'd consider childhood, so yes, for the latter part of my childhood.

All of them!

Spring Song, the pony in my avatar! :lovey:

My first ponies were G4 Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle. I got them in this set.

The most recent addition to my pony collection was Kotobukiya's Rainbow Dash figure. The most recent traditional pony added to my collection was the G4.5 fashion style size Pinkie Pie, back all the way in January. I've not been going into any stores besides work due to COVID, hence why it's been so long since I last got a pony from a physical store.

G1, with G3 as a close second!

Probably FiM, but I've enjoyed all the pony media I've consumed. I've watched all the animated media and have read a handful of pony books.

G3's donkey pose! It's very silly and cute.

I own a custom, but I've never made one! Here's the one I own!

My biggest pony is probably a large sized Twilight Sparkle plush by Funrise. I think she's their 20 inch size, thrifted her a while back. Smallest would probably be the Basic Fun Squishy Pops.

Oh geez it's been forever since I last counted. I know it's over 500.

By generation, mostly.

I'm not very huge on both the Moondancer pose and the Glory pose...

I guess just as many ponies as I can get my hands on (without exact duplicates, not a double collector). :P

I'm not entirely certain, but it may have been this one.

Having a bunch of cute things on display! :lovey:

Here, and My Little Wiki, probably.

Missing chunks of ponies. :P And marks that can't come off through magic erasers or sunfading (though I've never sunfaded before).

Not at all. I don't really have a set goal for my collection. I have sets of ponies I want to complete, but just about any ponies are on the table to be added to my collection if I come across them.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »

when I was little I think it was when I saw ponies for sale in toy stores.
However I had to reboot because I lost all my ponies except for 2 and now I have a huge size collection.

yes of course I liked to watch the tv serioes mlp and friends.

well I decided to only collect G1 now mainly. there might be a G3 I may get but unsure since ive been downsizing my newer collection.

so soft Surprise and baby surprise.

I belive that it is Cotton Candy

I would think it was Twinkler.

G1 of course I do like the newer gens but they cant hold a candle to them.

I would think it would be Surprises backcard of course

I love all Shy ponies and pegasus poses

Yes I have some that I have made over the years. I think I may go back to customzing again next year Ill see where it takes me. and of course my sewing its getting better.

I that would be my Secret Surprises

umm after 1000 I lost count

in a room with shelving in all directions. My room is painted light purple.

I think it maybe the G3 donkey pose.

I think it would include more Euro ponies. and more mail orders.

umm I would say that was Rapunzel

tracking down and the hunt for ponies

mlpwiki I really go there alot.

regrind and mabye pony cancer but I will accept it if its just one noticable spot. I do may not like head body mismatch but I accept it more.

I dont belive that it will ever be complete. I just love ponies too much.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
I loved MLP as a child, and had several of them. I'm not sure what got me into collecting as an adult, but I guess nostalgia. get the ones I wanted as a kid, and then I just discovered more and more.  :P

Yes, loved them! My favourite toys! :D

Mainly G1, as I'm an 80s child. But I do collect some G3 ponies, and have ponies from every generations present in my collection.

Tough question, there are so many pretty ones to choose from :P But Cherry Treats is one of them. The perfect balance of white and streking red, and just a hint of green in the symbols. I also have a soft spot for Medley, and of course Lemon Drop,  which I collect variants of.

Im not sure it was the first pony I got, but it is the first pony I remember I got, so I would say Wedding Bells Confetti.

German baby Lemon Drop complete with backcard and accessories :)

G1

I'm a MOC collector, so I love the backcards of the ponies. Also a lot of merchandise ^^

I dont really have one for G1, but for G3 it is Sunny Daze pose.

Yes, I have a few, both original characters and babies for existing ponies. I think I have made two myself, but I think I will leave that kind of work to those more talented :P

Biggest? Hmm. I dont own anything especially big, so probably any of the Plush ponies. Or G3 Styling ponies.
Smallest? Petits or charms I guess.  Want to get the worlds smalles ponies though.

Geez. Last time I counted was over 10 years ago, and at that point it was over 300. Since then, everything has been in boxes, although I still buy.

Most is in boxes unfortunately, but I have a few (recent purchases) on my bookshelf by my desk. But we are building a ponyroom (very slow progress though) so I hope I soon will be able to display properly.  :lol:

Not really a fan of Tootsies or Shadys pose. Nor BBEs but I dont think they count as a pose.

Uhm.. My collections is very non focused, as there are so many things to focus on, that I want. MOC, Merchandise, complete with accessories, nirvana, so I'm not sure what my dream collection is.  :blush:

Not sure. Maybe Paradise Estate, as that is a lot of different piesces :P 

17. What is your favorite part about collecting? That there is always something to collect, you will never have everything. And that after 30+ years, we are still discovering new things about the ponies. And of course, all the people I have get to know during the time :)

My little wiki, Chrissytrees acessory site and the MLP Scrapbook is my main go to sites.

I'm not superpicky, but cut hair and restorations I avoid. I want as original as possible. And of course big flaws like markers and stuff.

Not anything near complete, at all, and probably never will be either  :blush: too many wonderfull things out there that I still need  :cool:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:30:16 AM by Leikin »
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Lupeq

• McDonald's Pony
  • Hi! I’m maizie, and I collect g1 and 2 ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
Honestly I dont know, I was just browsing online and I think I saw something that reminded me of my love for ponies.
No. My sister did, and once I got a bit older I started to enjoy them.
G1 are the only ones I have currently.
4. Who is your favourite pony?
Hard question, either German Sweet Clover, or Takara KuruKuru.
Either Sweet Clover or FF Cotton Candy.
Starglow and Noddins, courtesy of the wonderful PonyHoff on eBay!
G2!
8. What is your favourite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)
I love the comics. I never got the appeal of buying back cards but I do like them.
I think its called Crumpet pose. Also love the gusty pose.
No and no.
Biggest pony: Id say Happyglow. Shes not bigger than any of my other ponies but she looks a bit taller. Baby Noddins is the smallest.
Sadly only 4.
On my shelf in my bedroom!
14. What is your least favourite pose?
Good question, definitely Collectors Pose.
All of the Takara ponies (so expensiveee), a few of the German ones from my childhood, and maybe a few piggy ponies. (Also super expensive LOL)
Two ponies. Starglow and Noddins, again I bought them from the sweet PonyHoff on eBay.
Talking about the ponies. I love just talking with other people about their collections.
Mlppreservationproject.com
Haircuts. They just ruin the look. Also mould/rusting.
Extremely incomplete.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:11:13 PM by Maisielee »
https://www.ebay.com/usr/lucyw1209 See my feedback on my eBay lucyw1209! Chase your dreams and never give up <3 avatar by Marshie!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:50 PM »
As an adult, I took a liking to the FiM cartoon (but I was never a Brony!), which eventually led me to looking into the earlier generations. When I stumbled upon G3, I saw some I had to have, and that's where I started.

Despite what I said above, yes, actually. My mom told me last year that I liked playing with them when I was super young. They were primarily my sister's, though. These were G1's and I hope someday we find them so I know who my childhood ponies were!

G3 primarily, with some G1, as well.

Hm... Either Jazz Matazz or Candy Cane.

As I said above, my childhood ponies are unknown. As an adult, the first was Jazz Matazz and the baby pony that came with her. (Wave Catcher?)

I think it was Basic Fun's G1 Glory. It might have also been Basic Fun's G3 Pinkie Pie.

G3.

I still have to say FiM. Although it wasn't as good in the end.

I don't actually know this. I will say I DON'T like Jazz Matazz or Candy Cane's pose as much as others. =(

No.

Biggest has got to be Build-a-Bear Pinkie Pie. Smallest is probably the G4 McDonalds ones.

I have no clue. Not as much as dedicated collectors here, but at least thirty I'd say.

Currently I don't have a place to really display them, but I hope when I get income again, I can buy some cute white shelves to display them. Right now I pretty much just bring them out seasonally, like right now I have G3 Autumn Skyes next to a pumpkin for fall. Soon I will have G3 Candy Cane with my Christmas decorations.

IDK, but despite what I said above, it's not actually the Jazz Matazz/Candy Cane one. There are worse ones, but I don't know them by name. lol.

I take collecting by the moment. I have certain ponies I want right now, and will probably want more later.

I got a lot several years ago that had maybe 10 ponies in it. It was really cheap, too!

They're just so cute.

Here, some Wikis and StrawberryReef is also really helpful.

Is bad smell a flaw? I'm very sensitive to smells.

There are still at least six or seven must-haves, and as I said above, I take it by moment. My collection and the ones I want is an ever expanding matter.

|My Collection|

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2020, 03:19:31 PM »
  Not really sure other than liking horses and unicorns as a kid. I probably saw a commercial and decided I wanted them. Seniority date Christmas 1983. Had 8 brushables and a plushie (still have them) by the end of the 80's. Interest faded in the 90's and early 2000's. Got into them again with G3 in 2005 along with making customs. Ignored G3.5 and got into G4 at the beginning of 2011.

The reason I'm in the fandom.

1,3, and 4 (have a few examples of G2, G3.5, and what I call G4.25. No Pony Life yet)

G1: Glory, G3: July Larkspur, G4: Split between Luna and Fluttershy

Bubbles and Glory (both obtained for Christmas 1983)

Custom G4 plushie of Pacific Glow

G4

MLP: FiM (show and comics)

G1 Glory pose

Have made around 117 customs (G1,3,4, and 1 fakie), plus purchased 10 (G1 BB, 4 G4 brushables with sculpted mane, and 5 G4 plushies)

Biggest is the Pacific Glow plushie (slightly taller than a BaB one). Smallest are a couple of those tiny G4's with suction cups on the bottom

several hundred. G4 dominates. Here's a count from April 25th 2019:

G1:     119 incl. 39 customs
G2:     2
G3:     88   incl. 12 customs
G3.5:  3
G4 (brushable, blind bag, plushie, Funko, bootleg, & other) - 473 (incl. 257 BB size), not counting 3 dozen or more doubles (most are brushables in reserve for customs and spare BB's)
G4 custom (incl 3 plushies of people's OC's and 3 purchased customs): 69
G4.5:   2
Fakie:  4 (incl. 1 custom)
Equestria Girls:  4

Total: 764
Probably closer to 800 with the extra G4 BB's and brushables
 I'd say another dozen or so added since then including 2 custom plushies and another custom.

On shelves and the top of my computer desk

Don't have a least favorite

Adding several life size G4 plushies to my collection

Lot of 41 G3's back around 2007-2008

Not sure

Name not allowed to be posted here

Discolored heads on G4's

Is a collection ever complete?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:39:03 PM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »

I had them as a kid and I never stopped collecting them.

Yes, they were one of my favorite toys, though I only had a handful of ponies until I was around 10 and started buying them more at the flea market.

All but focused currently on G1 and G2.

I don't have a #1 favorite but I enjoy the yellow bodied ones like Baby Luckyleaf and Munchy, which is strange because in normal things yellow is one of my least favorite colors.

Baby Tiddleywinks and the Lullabye Nursery.

The current Pegasi/Unicorn retro set in one shot (Gusty, Heart Throb, Surprise, one of each Sparkler).

G1.

Rescue from Midnight Castle.

Too many to pick but I guess the ones the original babies (Firefly, Cotton Candy, etc) were in. They just look so sweet.  :inlove:

Baby Seashell, G3s of Whisper the Winged Unicorn and her mate, and Baby Fair Feathers.

The "titans" (Soft Sleepy Newborns) and the world's smallest ponies.

About 1000 G1s, 150ish G2s, most G3s that are not rare/exlusives, about 50 G4s.

G3s and plush/blind bags in storage, everything else displayed in my bedroom.

The wedding pose.

All G1s through G3s as much as possible displayed in a room of their own.

In the early 2000s I paid $160 for a childhood collection of several hundred ponies including some MIB. Most of the best pieces in my collection are from this find.

Looking at them in large displays.  :inlove:

This one, My Little Wiki, and Chrissytree's accesory page.

Cut hair and giant cancer marks.

G1: besides foreign/nirvana I'm missing 13 ponies (normal and mail order), 3 shells, 12 dream beauties and 27 petites.
G2: Missing about 101.
G3: Missing maybe 20-30, all expensive or foreign ones.
G4: Missing most, mainly just pick up non Mane 6 second hand.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2020, 03:40:44 PM »
MLP was my favorite toy line as a kid. I never got rid of them, and MLP was my first internet search when we got dial-up service in 1997. I spent hours looking at Dream Valley and the TP. I joined the My Little Pony Girls group on Bolt.com in 2001 and started using Dream Valley to catalog my childhood collection. When G3 was released in 2003, the year I turned 18, I started seriously collecting and haven't stopped.

Yes, it was my favorite toy line. I was disappointed when G1 ended.

All but Pony Life. I only bought Potion Nova because she's a new character.

G1 - Twinkler, Blossom, Starshine
G2 - Giggles and Wiggles, Sweet Snowflake
G3 - Sunny Daze, Flippity Flop, Fairy Dust
G3.5 - Starsong and Sweetie Belle
G4 - Baby Seaponies and Baby Hippogriffs

I don't know for sure, but Blossom is the first to show up in a picture, and Starshine is the earliest memory.

G3 Cute Curtsey.

G1.

I like G1 art - posters, pamphlets, backcards.

G1 - Bubbles, Truly, Powder, Surprise
G3 - Sunny Daze I, Seaspray, Sweet Sparkle

Yes and yes.

G4 styling sizes and G1 Petites.

Nearly 1,500.

G1s, G3, event exclusives, and customs are displayed on shelves in the pony room. Everything else is packed up.

G1 - Gingerbread, Buttons, Cherries Jubilee
G3 - Core 7, Minty I, Shell-Belle.

I want to complete the US/Canadian G1 collection, G2 collection, and G3 collection. I want a house with a whole floor dedicated to my collections.  :lol:

2008 Craigslist lot of 50 or so ponies, tons of accessories, Dream Castle, the Sweet Shoppe, and the Perm Shoppe. All for $50.

Ponies and the friends I've made because of them bring me joy.

The TP, Arena, MLP Merch, and the Wiki.

Cigarette smoke odor, other bad odors, chew marks/bitten holes, hacked hair, paint rubs.

G1... about halfway.
G2, minimal.
G3, 95%.
G4, I dunno. Whenever I feel like stopping.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 03:50:09 AM »
Bit late, but here we go.

1: The show friendship is magic.
2: I played together with my little sister and her ponies but not more than that.
3: First g4, now g1. I do rescue g2 and g3 ponies if I find them in a thrift store though.
4: Wind whistler
5: g4 sunset shimmer brushable. g1 seashell. g3 triple trees g2 night shine
6: I'm waiting on a package with 2 ponies. Otherwise so soft North Star
7: g1 
8: The show friendship is magic.
9: The g1 tootsie pose
10: Yes, I made a few customs but have not bought one.
11: My biggest are Celestia and luna build a bear plushies. The smallest pony is a kinder surprise rainbow dash figure.
12: A whopping 289! 175 are g1s
13: All of them are on display.
14: The bbe poses
15: All the us ponies and the international ponies I want.
16:I think it was a lot of g1 14 ponies.
17: The thrill of the 'hunt' for ponies and photography.
18: mlparena, mlptp and mlpmerch
19: Symbols completely gone, sticky ponies and head/body mismatches.
20: Well I still need over 300 g1 ponies but I do have a couple of complete sets and rares.
12:
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Glitzi86

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 04:47:24 AM »
Trying to get back some of the warm and fuzzy feeling from my childhood days... plus, my kid loves the FiM show, so we have something just for us.

You could have considered me Megan's lost sister ...  :lol: I lived in Ponyland when I was little. I even made up my own language, Ponyguesian. :lookround:

G1 (although there is one G4 Rarity I bought on vacation in Danmark this summer)

Please, that is like choosing a favorite kid. :blink:

Glitzi (Sparkler) in 1986

As a collector, it was Masquerade, a few days ago. As a child, I would have to check the Pony Mami Passport. (Did I mention, I was REALLY into Ponies? :biggrin: )

G1 and G4 FiM

My kid is watching FiM, I like that. But my alltime favorite is the 1986 movie, the one with the Smooze.

Gusty and Baby Glory, I guess. But I can't really choose. Most of the common G1 poses.

No.

My Pretty Pony, if it counts. If not, I guess, it's Wigwam. Or Colormist? Smallest are Little Honey Honey Pie and Little Whiskers.

About 80. Official re-count after my moving.

Showcases from Ikea. Soon in our guest room aka my work space.

I'm not really into the rare internationals.  :blush:

My own collection is pretty much my dream collection. I bought some ponies/poses I wanted to add to complete the common poses list recently, and my dream would be a Paradise Estate (can't afford that at the moment, will try again next year ...) and a Baby Bonnet School of Dance. Evereything else, playsets, pony wear, individual ponies, accessoires would be a nice addition, but not a must.

Two ponies oder several pony wear sets on family vacation in the Netherlands or Danmark in my childhood come to mind. As an adult collector, I just bought 3 ponies at once and am waiting on some accessoires. But I've never really counted.

Brings back memories from good times and events and beloved ones. I need that sometimes.

ponylande.de helped me a lot when I got back my ponies from the attic.

Bite marks, stinky ponies (cigarettes especially), doodled ones.

For my taste, it's nearly complete (see "dream collection"). 95%, I'd say.

Thanks, this was fun!  :happy:
The grass is always greener on the neighbor's pony's pasture. :relaxed:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal