collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 20 questions for collectors!  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
20 questions for collectors!
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »
Figured we haven’t had something like this in a while ^.^

1. What got you into collecting MLP?

2. Did you like MLP as a child?

3. What generations do you collect?

4. Who is your favorite pony?

5. Who was your first pony?

6. Who was the last pony you got?

7. What is your favorite generation?

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)

9. What is your favorite pose?

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one?

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest?

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection?

13. How is your collection displayed?

14. What is your least favorite pose?

15. What is your dream collection like?

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)?

17. What is your favorite part about collecting?

18. What is your favorite pony website?

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand?

20. How complete is your collection?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 20 questions for collectors!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »

The very first G1 special, Rescue at Midnight Castle

I was obsessed.

I have a few from each.  But mostly I collect G1

Umm... Glory.  But Skydancer, Bubbles and Blue Baby Ember are also big favorites.

Glory

Baby Wiggles and Sunspot (this week!)

G1

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)

Rescue at Midnight Castle but backcards are important to me too.

I have a long list of poses I love.  I couldn't really pick a favorite.

No, I like the originals.

My G1 ponies are all the regular plastic toy.  They are my largest.  My smallest are the G4 blindbags.

I lost count. 

In random places around the house.

Sweetstuff's pose. The feet and head are a weird shape.

Minty ponies everywhere!

I bought a lot of 20 G1.

Admiring the ponies.

mlparena.com

Sticky ponies.  Fortunately, we can just wait that one out.

My collection is always "just one pony more" complete.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
Oh boy, I love things like this   :biggrin:

1. What got you into collecting MLP?  I loved them as a kid, and was pretty excited when I saw G3s in stores but never bought any, then when FiM started I learned about customizing and from there got into both customizing and collecting.

2. Did you like MLP as a child?  Oh yes, very much!

3. What generations do you collect? G1 and some G3

4. Who is your favorite pony?  Probably Tic-Tac-Toe

5. Who was your first pony?  I can’t remember exactly but most likely either Snuzzle, Windy, or Majesty.

6. Who was the last pony you got?  I just got the 35th Anniversary Gusty!

7. What is your favorite generation?  G1

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)  Do stickers count?!

9. What is your favorite pose? S U G A R B E R R Y

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one?  Yes to both!  I’ve gotten customs in swaps and I love them all <3

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest?  I have one of the G1 ponies with the hidden compartment in her back, but she came to me as a hairless bait without her saddle or lock so I’m not sure that counts.  Smallest is a G1 Petite Pony.

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection?  Good question!  I’d say…50-60?

13. How is your collection displayed?  G1 Sugarberry pose ponies are in a glass-front cabinet, some others loose in my bedroom, but most of the rest are “behind the scenes”

14. What is your least favorite pose?  G1 “Shy” Bow Tie pose, or Dancing Butterflies pose

15. What is your dream collection like?  Every Sugarberry pose pony ever made, plus customs of Sugarberry but with different fruits/colors (ex. Blueberry with blue hair and blueberry symbols)

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)?  I got an ebay lot with probably 20 ponies in it and many accessories a few years back.

17. What is your favorite part about collecting?  Looking at my cute ponies!  And I really like cleaning up ebay/flea market ponies as well, it’s super satisfying.

18. What is your favorite pony website?  Other than this forum?  Probably MLP Preservation Project, though I probably use MyLittleWiki more often.

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand?  It’s hard to deal with large, obvious “age spots”

20. How complete is your collection?  I only have a little over half the Sugarberry-pose ponies!  My only solid collection goal is to get them all.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 07:07:07 PM »
I love the style of G1 ponies and found MLP history interesting!

I owned some G3 ponies and movies on DVD, but I wouldn't say I was interested in it. During high school I watched G4 and had a decent collection of pony merch!

Currently, I strictly collect G1. I love the pony style, poses, and gimmicks a bit more than other gens.

This answer changes depending on what mood I'm in honestly! In my current collection, though, I want to say Moondancer or Fizzy is my favorite

My first G1 pony was the original Firefly!

Last pony I got in a package from the mail was Gusty!

G1

I like the comic with Applejack and them Twinkle Eye ponies the most, as TE are my favorite pony gimmick!

My favorite pose is a tie between the Mimic pose (this pose just makes the pony look so full of awe!) or the Posey pose (I just like the walking aspect of it!)

I do not own any customs/have made any, but wouldn't mind owning one!

I currently am in possession of a G3 Rainbow Dash Styling Pony, which is the biggest. The smallest is currently a G4 Fluttershy

Currently, I have 12! (still a newbie here)

I only have them in a bookshelf, but really want to get a glass cabinet to put them all in

W-whizzer pose

A complete TE and TAF collection with the early 80s years complete as well! At least one of every gimmick pony/set there is.

I bought some G3 and G4 I wanted to touch up and fix, which has 7 ponies

Cleaning and restoring the ponies! Makes me feel like I'm giving the ponies another shot at a fulfilling life!

MLP Arena! So much to talk about and so much to see! It has been a lot of help as well

Regrind in the vinyl of ponies, if that counts

I just started! Let the fun begin!

Hope you learned a little about me today!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:09:14 PM by Marshie »

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »
I played with the G3's as a kid, and then later became obsessed with FIM as a teen. My interest in the earlier generations stemmed from there.

Boy did I! I accumulated a collection of 40 ponies from the ages of 3 to 7, and even had an MLP themed birthday party one year.

G1, G3, and some G4 .

Changes all the time, but my favorite G1's are Glory, Moondancer, Gusty, Fizzy, Sparkler, Seashell, Princess Tiffany, Quackers, Night Glider, Sugar Apple and Ringlets, and my favorite G3's are Lolligiggle, December Delight, Gardenia Glow, Love Wishes, and Star Catcher.

G3 Rainbow Dash II

Steamer and Parasol

G1

FIM up to season 5, the G4 comics, RAMC, and the G3 picture books.

Gusty for G1, Valenshy for G3

Sadly not. I'd love to try my hand at making one someday though!

Do plushies count? Probably my Build a Bear Fluttershy. If we're going by plastic ponies, Steamer. Smallest would be my assorted blind bags.

Only 17 so far. I'm only getting started!

On the top shelves of my bookcase. I need to find a good place to expand when I get more!

Of all time, the Pony Life poses, for G1, Gingerbread, and for G3, Waterfire

Pretty much getting every pony that catches my fancy, there's no set rule of what in particular I want.

I got bunch of G3's and G1's (6 in all, I believe) at an antique toy store this summer.

The satisfaction of grooming and cleaning old ponies, making them feel loved.

The Arena, My Little Wiki, MLPMerch

Cancer and other unfixable age spots, chew and pen marks

Let's just say it has a long way to go! :good:

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
My little brother (whom I may have previously mentioned as my sister) went through a brony phase. I teased him a bit, not seriously of course, but then he changed my mind. He showed me "Lullaby for a Princess" and it was a masterpiece. It convinced me that the show was worth a look. After I got into FIM, I decided to look up what the originals looked like, ending up on Dream Valley, and the sight of the Collector Ponies activated my dragon instincts. My diminutive equine hoard in my small bedroom is comparable to a dragon's treasure in its cave. My brother eventually lost interest in ponies, which meant I got his collection (which was pretty small).
Yes, but I didn't obsess over it. I had the Celebration Salon, a decent herd of early G3s, and "A Charming Birthday" on tape (although, even at like, six, it bugged me that they skipped how they resolved the conflict). Minty was my favorite, followed closely by Valenshy. I kept those two and my brother kept Kimono, Denim Blue, and Autumn Skye. The rest went into the yard sale stuff the year before I got into pony... The only survivors were some McD's ponies and Rainbow Flash and Romperooni, the latter two of which suffer from hair rot from the heat of our garage. I've since found many ponies I had as a kid, including Tink-a-Tink-a-Too, Petal Blossom, and Baby Flower Flash.
All of them!
Hard to pick one, but my favorites include Starshine, Heartthrob, TAF Yum Yum, Glider, Colorglow, Songrider, Dreamgleamer, Princess Twinkle Star, Light Heart, Ivy, Minty, Twilight Pink, Cheerilee, StarSong, Cadance, Flurry Heart, Fluttershy... so a lot, but it's too hard to pick!
1998 McDonald's Ivy. I got her as a baby! I always knew she was different from my other ponies, but I have clear memories of slamming her on the floor of my Celebration Salon! I still have her and have managed to complete her set!
My first pony as a collector was Crystal Empire Fluttershy, the one with the tea set.
Physically received? I just got a jealousy-driven impulse buy in the mail. My brother's boyfriend found Black Friday Royal Beauty, so I got one of my own. A few days later, he decided he didn't want his. They both need work on their hair, but I will be looking for a home for the one I'm not keeping.
Purchased? I just simultaneously bought two eBay lots, one of four Newborn Cuties, and one of six of the seven G3.5 TAF ponies. One from the latter is going to be resold, and another is an upgrade, so I'm adding them to my sell bag. I really need to get around to prettying those guys up so I can get more money to buy ponies with!
G3.5. No, really! The artwork style is adorable, the ponies have such thick manes, and Twinkle Wish Adventure isn't half bad. I also like how the Core 7 have distinct personalities, but they're not very in-depth, giving a lot of wiggle room for imagination!
I admire the craftsmanship of G4, and it's the only one that has moved me to tears, but if I had to pick one to watch right now... I'd go with the 1984 special or Twinkle Wish Adventure.
That said, I've found something to appreciate in every form of media. I especially love books with unique illustrations!
Probably Crystal Lace's pose. She's so cute and the pose is criminally underused.
The only completed custom is an alternate rehair of Triple Treat II that I need to get around to taking pictures of. I have some G4 McDonald's ponies waiting on me to buy an airbrush, and a Cotton Candy with a bad symbol who has absolutely nothing to do with my birthday falling in June.
Largest- Do plushies count? I have a herd of Build-a-Bears and some other G4 plushies the same size. If not, It's probably Twilight Spore-kle, a recently purchased electronic Twilight with mold in her wings.
Smallest- one of these guys, probably the Petites.
Spoiler
Maybe a couple hundred? I haven't counted since high school.
Covering nearly every surface of my bedroom! I have a shelf for them, but they don't all fit. My reboot G4s are displayed on my Canterlot/Seaquestria Castle, which I impulse bought because it was randomly discounted and Haven Bay is gorgeous. I still live with my parents, so no pony room for me!
Probably G3.5 Sweetie Belle's. It's in the same position as every other G3.5 pose except for Cheerilee's/Toola-Roola's. She's also the only significantly smaller G3.5, which makes them look awkward as a group (I wouldn't mind if they were all the same size). Her face is also very different, with eyes five miles apart and her megaweird muzzle. She looks cute from some angles, though.
Lots and lots of factory curls! Homemade curls are nice, but not quite the same.
Probably the time I bought $30.00 worth of ponies that were only $1-$2 apiece at my favorite flea market. They must not have a lot of collectors shopping there, as I've never left empty-handed! If only I lived in the same state as it!
The thrill of the hunt, the sense of pride from successful restorations, lovely hair (especially them factory curls!), satisfying my dragon instincts... A lot, actually.
Gosh, this is hard! There are so many I love! I'll shout out a dead site here: the Re-Release Encyclopedia. It had some pretty in-depth analysis of the subtle variations of G3s, particularly the Core 7 ponies. I don't think any other site has the extent of Core 7 knowledge it had!
Head/body mismatch, severe discoloration, mold, hair rot, and haircuts. I love finding frizzy ponies, though, since they get so much prettier when you fix their hair!
My least favorite flaw on one pony I own is on my Baby Sweetsteps. She has lovely factory curls, but also has hair rot. Every time I touch her (which I avoid at all costs), a few bits of her hair crumble off. It's not noticeable at a glance, but if you look closely, you'll see all her broken strands sticking out. Poor baby! :cry:
Not very. I mostly have G4s just due to the availability. I've completed a few sets, mostly in G4. I do have almost all So Soft Newborns from the original Pinkie/Rainbow pair to the end of G3.5. I do love me some horsebabies! But I've got probably less than thirty G1s and only six G2s, so... not very complete there.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline fuzzysherbet

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »
I've almost always had at least a couple of toys at any given time, and I've always been interested in having more!

Definitely; got my first when I was very small! Probably around four?

Primarily g3 at this stage, but I'm never opposed to picking up other generations.

Hm, I don't really have a solid favourite, but I do vibe heavily with Gusty's whole aesthetic!

Cherry Blossom from g3; the one that came with the beach stuff!

The last ponies I got were some retro repros; got Seashell, Bow Tie, Posey, and Cherries Jubilee in one go!

G3 for sure!! Hard not to love the generation you grew up with.

I know FiM has it's flaws, but I still like it well enough.

I quite like Posey pose!

No, but I'd sure like to try my hand at making one one day.

My smallest ponies are a couple of Breezies who have seen much... much better days... and my biggest are probably any of the retro repros. Unless we're counting plushies, in which case the Big W exclusive plushes (Retro Cotton Candy and g4 Rainbow Dash) are probably my biggest.

Hm... probably somewhere between 20 and 40 ponies? I haven't counted properly and I don't really want to as of right now, lol.

Right now I'm working on getting them all displayed on the shelves of my desk!

Probably Quackers pose. Just looks kinda off to me.

My absolute dream collection would be one of everything, but I don't really consider that a goal of mine in any capacity.

Hm... somewhere from 6-8 at a time.

I like having the colourful plastic horses. I like restoring the colourful plastic horses. Both provide endless amounts of serotonin.

Either this one, Strawberry Reef, or MLP Preservation Project.

Frizzy hair that never seems to unfrizz, no matter how hard you try....

Nowhere near, but I'm having fun!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 12:53:38 AM »

My mother. She saw Windy in a store when I was very little and thought she was pretty,  so got her for Christmas. Then she bought me Baby Blossom for my birthday and that won me over. The comic then helped. By 5 I was hooked.

Yep :)

I have ponies from all generations. I seriously collect G1. I buy those I like from other gens.

Impossible question.

Rainbow Windy

Basic Fun Surprise.

G1

The comics and story books from the UK. Then the backcards. I don't really like the G1 animation - it's ok, but as a kid I didn't have much exposure to it, and what I did have seemed full of mistakes because it used US names and ponies we didn't have in the UK. That made it hard to connect to so I disregarded it compared to the comic.

It's easier to say which poses I don't like.

Yes. Back in the early years online I made quite a few. Most recently one for a non Arena related thing, from a bait I'd had years. I have a Baby Parasol and Baby Masquerade I made years ago living on my desk. And I have a few other people sent me. I only have one commission custom baby - regular eye Baby Shady. The only other custom I ever comissioned was 20+ years ago and I was scammed, so I never got her.

Biggest - if you count plush  -is the floppy plush Sunny Daze. If plushes are not counted, Hushabye the Soft Sleepy Newborn. Smallest - for me personally it's a petite or a charm, but if it's my sister and my collection together, the twins from the missile launcher. Oh, I suppose there's also a tiny Scootaloo. She may be smaller.

Somewhere in the vicinity of 2000. I don't have an exact number.

It isn't really. My G1 ponies live in my room, in cupboards and cabinets. My other ponies - some from each generation are also down here, the rest are in storage in the attic.

G1 - Collector Pose, Pony Bride Pose...
I am not a fan of the G3 Diva pose. And I don't like almost any of the G4 reboot poses. G2 - the poses are fine but the movable parts are a bit awkward.

What I have now plus more UK carded ponies, UK cards, paraphernalia and leaflets. Backcards. Stickers that I lost as a kid. And Baby Sugarcake.

A carboot sale find that spread into a visit to a local collector's home in 1998. Over the course of several weeks we acquired maybe 50% of a collection of around 600 ponies.

Digging for information. History. Figuring out mysteries. Stuff like that. I was here at the start, when people were still learning about UK ponies and as someone in the UK I was able to get involved with that right from the start. But I was already doing it on my own in 1995 when I wrote to Hasbro. That's my main driving element. The pretty and the hair brushy is nice too. But the history, the mysteries and the information side is the thing that keeps me going.

Ignoring my own, because that would be bias, although it's more accurate ;) of the mainstream ID sites, only the MLPWiki is even close to accurate enough to be worth using for G1. As a data cruncher, I have no time for the others. Strawberry Reef is fine for G3 though should never be used for G1. MLPMerch is great for G4, but that's all. I think it's PonylandPress that still insists a pony that Hasbro never made is real? Yeah, I have a lot of problems with mainstream ID sites who privilege popularity over accuracy. The Wiki is not perfect but at least people do try to edit errors when they are pointed out, so that makes it better.
In other sites, these days, the Arena :). The Arena Gallery - when it returns -and Chrissytree's accessory page are also great sites I value having. Because they deal in actual fact, rather than nonsense.

Cut hair. Faded hair.

It will never be complete. But there are not many actual ponies I *need". Baby Sugarcake is the main one. I'd like a Scandinavian Gusty. And I am always after variations. But yeah. A real collector is never done!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:58:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 01:44:31 AM »

I liked horses

yes since I was 4

all G1 and G3/4 specials

applejack

applejack

rerelease sparkler

escape from midnight castle

shy

yes, yes many

biggest sleepy new borns

400+ dont know exact numbers as havent done inventory for a while

its not at the moment have to get shelves and build them

G3 donkey pose

one of every pony on my shelves

probably one of my pony con hauls im sure I dont get a lot now as i need the more HTF ones

giving them a spa day and making them look nice

MLP arena, strawberry reef, and pony island

glue leakage

not complete enough

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 01:50:53 AM »

Originally, my long-deceased great aunt. More recently, searching for Pegasus Posters on eBay & discovering I'd never stopped liking Ponies.

YES!!!!!!!!!

All but Pony Life (need a couple of them)

Can't pick one, but I have a mascot from each generation: Twisty Tail, Trixiebelle, Starcatcher & Twilight Sparkle

Original, Butterscotch. Recently, Sunnybunch MGR & DaisyJo

Rumba & Samba the tricycle Twins from a seller here, along with BOTH tricycles!!!

G1 as I grew up wi them

ANY Pony literature!!! I love books, colouring books, comics & sticker books. I also like backcard stories

Too many to choose one!!!

Yep, yep, yep, yep.... ok, lots of yeps. I have HQG1Cs & have made my own Customs

Biggest is a Custom 3ft Starcatcher made by Pink Kittywinks. Smallest are the teeny teeny Kinder egg Ponies

LOST COUNT!!! Over 1000 anyway

It takes over half my bedroom, though some is spilling out as I'm due a rearrange

Broken Neck (both G2 & G3)

Every Pony Book & comic ever released, a few variants from each country, & at least one version of every Pony to exist.

That was when I got back into collecting & carried two binbags full of parcels, all Pony, b ack from the post office. On my way I stopped at a green space & took the Ponies out to play!!!

Reuniting Mothers with Babies, Pets with Owners & just building the Ponies' world.

Got a few: Erin's/ Fizzys Pony site, Lavender Lagoon, Kimono's Townhouse, Taffeta's Scrapbook, HQG1C's forum... My Pony sites is clogged with pages!!! Let's not forget UKPC site & here (duh)

Hacked hair & permanent marker. Let me define hacked: Hacked is not: hair slightly shorter because frizz needed to go. Hacked isn't even: long-haired Pony gets a neat bob. Hacked is when somebody got scissor happy & cut the hair into six or more different lengths. Like why???

Mostly there. G1: missing Jabber & Jebber, will never get NBT Rattles & Tattles, don't have variants from South America, Mexico or Asia as yet, & still need one Best Friend pet & two Seaside Floats. Would love Lavender Dream Castle, white Waterfall (no Pony or pet needed) & a couple of variant Show Stables (no Pony needed)...

G2: SLOWLY working on the rares.

G3: missing the rares.

G4, not yet got EVERY TS in existence, though I have more than a few. Also missing Celestia's castle & the School.

Pony Life: not yet started, but need a Potion Nova & a TS

Books: a few G1 books missing, more G1 comics missing but will get there eventually. Working on G2 comics & as I find them G2 books. Think I'm missing a couple of G3 books, & have no G3 comics yet. Working on G4 books, collector books & need some early G4 Egmont comics.

HQG1C: FINALLY got my Baby Boy Maple!!! So complete as far as non-blanks goes until further notice. Would like more blanks though...

Other: Have no curtains!!! Vintage preferred.  There are other bits of merch I don't have yet, but they're waiting until I get other things sorted out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:10:30 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 01:59:43 AM »
Finding some of my girlfriend's childhood ponies while tidying out a cupboard. I kept going on about how cute they were, so she bought me a pony of my own. And then somehow we ended up with a huge joint collection!

I don't really remember it! What was wrong with me? Was I blind?! I am now making up for lost time!
(I grew up in the 90s, so mostly G2 era. I don't know that MLP had a big presence in toy-shops back then as I don't really remember it. I was into Kitty in my Pocket and Ty Beanie Babies.)

Ostensibly G1. But other ponies just keep sneaking in!

Baby Ribbon <3 And her mum!

Baby Ribbon!

G3 Shenanigans. An impulsive eBay purchase! Her little Study Break outfit is so cute!

G1

The UK Fact File

The Shy Unicorn pose

I've done rehairs (including alternate ones) and various restorations. And I have a custom Baby Barnacle made by Pinkkittywinks.

Biggest: Big Ty plush Rainbow Dash. Smallest: Mummy Charm Hugs n Kisses (she is just slightly smaller than the G1 Petites I have: they are made bigger by having brushable tails)

Um....lots?

I'm a bad pony parent, a lot of my ponies are in storage at the moment. My favourites are displayed on shelves, mixed in with other favourite toys.

Every time I find a pose I don't like, I end up being won over to it by finding an awesome pony in it. I've never been keen on the Tootsie pose, but Tales Bright Eyes is so lovely!

Tidy! I don't need a lot of ponies, but I do love sticker/activity/story books in foreign languages. I'd love to have more of those.

Probably a big bundle of bait ponies I bought from America. I can't remember how many there were, but they turned up in a huge box and I ended up with a complete set of Big Brothers after I had cleaned them all up, as well as loads of other awesome ponies.

Making up stories about the ponies, taking photos.

Taffeta's website. Accurate info about UK ponies (and European ones), yes please.

All flawed ponies are welcome here. I have a bit of a thing about rescuing worn out ponies (and other toys).
The stickiness that sometimes afflicts Brandy and Twinkles distresses me though.

I'm happy with it, but somehow another pony always manages to sneak in....

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 02:40:10 AM »

Seeing G1 My Little Pony DVDs in a charity shop and buying them

Yes I did, had most of the G1 episodes on VHS

G1, G3 (Unicorns and Pinkie Pie)

Baby Lemondrop (got from the hospital can’t find her)

G4 Pinkie Pie

Last night Speedy, Baby Sis Bright Bouquet, and Baby Bro Sweet Celebrations

G1

G1 Movie and TV series

Glory Pose

Well this year’s Halloween swap (that I did privately) I’ve got Pennywise the flying pony custom made by Aflame (picture on my Instagram page). Plus I make custom G1 ponies.

Blind bag ponies (smallest)

Too many to count.

I have them in storage boxes

Dancing Butterflies, Mimic, Powder, and Firefly pose

All of the ponies that appear in the G1 TV specials, Movie, and TV series

A big bundle of G1 (with my grail Ice Crystal in it) for £29.99

Getting the ponies I want

Here (when I feel like it), and My Little Pony Wiki

Dreaded highlighter marks, and felt tips that still won’t come off of ponies

G1: Not complete

G2: N/A

G3: Unicorns not completed

G3.5: Haven’t started yet (only like a few ponies)

G4: Not collecting now

G4.5: Not collecting
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:43:09 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 04:42:34 AM »
Watching friendship is magic

Not really I never watched it and only liked sea ponies

All

Bubbles and Pinkie pie

No idea

I honestly can't remember as I'm baf with names. The glittery G1 with the 2 stars.

G3 then G1

FIN

G1 shy pose and sitting pose and g3 diva pose

I own quite a few customs and frequently make them

The big G3s I have 2 and I have the world's smallest pony set

Maybe 100?

On shelves

I don't know

Larger

A huge lot from shop goodwill before it got overpriced

Cleaning dirty ponies and making them pretty again

This is the only one I really use other than strawberry reef

Since I do customs any condition works for me

20. How complete is your collection
I mean I don't try to complete sets I just get ponies to make me happy

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 05:47:52 AM »
Ooh, surveys are my jam! Okay, here goes...

1. What got you into collecting MLP! Last year I found out that some of my childhood collection had been destroyed in a flood, and I was upset about it. I set out to replace it all, and found a new obsession in the process.

2. Did you likeMLP as a child?
My world pretty much revolved around it from 1985-1989.

What generations do you collect?
G1, mostly, but I have a handful of G4s and I recently picked up a lot with G3s and I'm kind of starting to be interested in those as well.

Of all time? Ribbon. Sparkler is a close second. Current? I recently picked up Curly Locks, and I didn't think she would be as pretty as she is. She is my pony crush of the moment. It will probably change next week!

Technically Sparkler. I named her 'Tiffany' before I realized that ponies came with names. I lost her right away however, and Baby Blossom was my first pony I really became enamored with. She went everywhere with me for a long time.

Forget-Me-Not. But...I have some Big Brothers on the way...my first ever!...so excited to meet them.

G1

8. What is your favorite piece of media?
The 1986 movie, I guess. Draggle, Reeka and Hidia are hilarious and I wish they became featured characters in other media. I'm not really impressed with any of the G1 TV media material I have seen; the show was barely watchable and I haven't had the opportunity to read the comics, although I would like to. I actually don't mind the FiM show and sometimes watch it late at night when no one is around to make fun of me.

Oh goodness...hard to choose. Maybe Gusty's pose for adult ponies, and Baby Glory's pose for babies. Many of my favorite ponies are in Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair's pose, and I love Mimic's pose and the rearing pose in theory but don't have any in those poses yet to truly compare.

10. Do you own any customs/have you made one?
I don't own anyone else's customs, no. The ones I have made are mostly baby ponies I've made to match adult ponies that didn't have babies, and also I've converted some BBE ponies to NBBE...not sure if that counts as a custom or not.

11. Who is your biggest pony? Your smallest?
I used to have a Soft Sleepy Newborn (I might still have her in my parents' basement) and she was the biggest. If she's gone, I'd say one of the Secret Surprise ponies is. Smallest is probably my Cutie Mark Crusaders, they are so tiny!

Several hundred, I'm honestly not sure!

It's really not...some are in my bathroom linen closet, but I'm slowly moving them down to my hobby room, where they are lined up in boxes. I have a whole huge bag of ponies that need to be cleaned in my bedroom. It's my hope to buy IKEA bookcases to display them at some point.

Dancing Butterflies or Surprise's pose. For babies, baby Lofty's pose. Some G3s had some really wonky poses, too, but I don't know them well enough to be specific.

Organized!

A bait lot of 20+ ponies.

Taking the wrapping off a pony I recently cleaned/restored and seeing how good she looks!

This one!

19. What flaws can you not stand?
Cut forelocks!! This drives me nuts and I want to punch every scissors-happy kid who thought this crime would make their pony look better.

It should be complete, considering how big it is! But there is always that one more I think I need out there...somewhere. Still have a few grails and set-completers that need to come home.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:31:23 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 06:05:44 AM »

As an adult, it was the nostalgia factor. I wanted to replace my favourite childhood ponies at first but ended up discovering a whole lot of other very lovely ponies as well.

Yep, absolutely loved 'em!

Mostly G1 and G3, but I want to build a little G2 collection as well.

Posey! She was my childhood favourite, and I love her whole mellow vibe.

A whole bunch were handed down to me en masse when I was a kid. There were definitely Majesty, Posey, Windy, Sleepy Head, Baby Up Up and Away, Baby Strawberry Fair and Pink Dreams. Peachy may have been among them as well, but I can't remember for certain.

Most recently, I got a whole bunch of G3s! I bought a lot in order to get Lulabelle, and she came with Puzzlemint, Magic Marigold and a pony who I can't seem to idenfity - she's really intense pink with yellow hair, glitter on her forehead and a floral symbol. They need a good clean before I can display them. (Well, the Mystery Pink Pony is being rehomed in the new year, but the rest are joining my herd once they're clean.)

G1, definitely. It feels very cozy to me. :heart:

Probably the G1 backcard artwork, the illustrations are beautiful!

Heart Throb's pose in G1
Morning Glory's pose in G2
Cloud Climber's pose in G3

Not yet.

Biggest are the G1s, the smallest is my McDonalds Silver Swirl.

17 at the moment!

Some have distinct places where they are displayed on my bookshelf, others are just sort of clumped together on random shelves, until I get round to reorganising things in my room and making a better display.

The G3 'broken neck' pose. It does look tremendously painful. D:

Pretty much how it is now, but with a few more ponies involved - moderate, varied, a bit folky and a bit celestial.

The lot of ponies I bought most recently.

The community aspect, and simply enjoying my ponies, sometimes arranging photos with them.

Hmmm... I don't really visit pony sites much unless I want to learn about something pony-related. I've never been in the habit of exploring much online.

Missing. Hair. Plugs.  :crazy:

Definitely incomplete in terms of all the ponies ever released, and about half incomplete in terms of ponies on my want list.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 06:14:06 AM by Miniature Sheep »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal