collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Megan  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Question about Megan
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »
I would want PKW's advice on this but are we sure those eyes (ignoring the eyeliner bleed) haven't been touched up with paint? It's just how that one side it comes in rather suddenly on the iris...

I've seen dolls stripped for custom or repaint but I wouldn't like to guess from a photo if that is one of them or an actual release. All I can say is that I have never seen a Megan that looks like that before.

I have my one in the US dress sitting on the bed with me at the moment (but she was bought here in the UK, she is just wearing the US dress. I think. I can't remember 100% any more >< but I think that's right). In any case, her paint is not the same but she's not from the same release so that doesn't matter in terms of eyeshadow. I just wanted to see whether her eye paint comes in like that on her eye - and it doesn't. It looks a lot smoother and more blue black. I really am now going to go dig out my Megans. Pandora's box is open ><

ETA - four Megans found, checked. (One in US dress but probably from UK, one from UK 1986, one from UK 1987, one from SS Sundance set)
All have eyeshadow.
All have blueblack eyeliner.
Three have curls.
None look evil.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:27:52 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 05:05:28 AM »
I would want PKW's advice on this but are we sure those eyes (ignoring the eyeliner bleed) haven't been touched up with paint? It's just how that one side it comes in rather suddenly on the iris...

I've seen dolls stripped for custom or repaint but I wouldn't like to guess from a photo if that is one of them or an actual release. All I can say is that I have never seen a Megan that looks like that before.

I have my one in the US dress sitting on the bed with me at the moment (but she was bought here in the UK, she is just wearing the US dress. I think. I can't remember 100% any more >< but I think that's right). In any case, her paint is not the same but she's not from the same release so that doesn't matter in terms of eyeshadow. I just wanted to see whether her eye paint comes in like that on her eye - and it doesn't. It looks a lot smoother and more blue black. I really am now going to go dig out my Megans. Pandora's box is open ><

ETA - four Megans found, checked. (One in US dress but probably from UK, one from UK 1986, one from UK 1987, one from SS Sundance set)
All have eyeshadow.
All have blueblack eyeliner.
Three have curls.
None look evil.

Ya there is something off on that eBay Megan. Eye paint almost looks thick, but who knows.

Taffeta I appreciate you digging your girls out. Not gonna lie, I was banking on you appearing in this thread bc I know you’re one of the most prolific MIB collectors with a ton of knowledge and research. So it counts for a lot that you took time to post here. 

So it’s looking more and more like eyeshadow is the norm on both although I’m tempted to find and buy that unique eBay Megan just so I can give her a once over irl

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 09:26:40 AM »
Thank you <3 Although sadly I can't be decisive on your question, as I don't have a MIB Megan and Sundance from any release. I have the 1986 UK one complete with box and such but it's not sealed. So although I know the doll is definitely from that release, it really doesn't help with your question on the US release ones.

I would love to hear an expert restorer's view on the Megan photo from the auction. It just seems off to me but...I'm not an expert on restoration and repainting. Just all my loose ones have blue black eyeliner and if the eyes have been touched up or redone, it might explain the blue smudge underneath the bottom line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal