collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3.5 book list?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
G3.5 book list?
« on: November 05, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
Does anybody know if my list of G3.5 books is complete? I'm not including coloring books at the moment. There are a TON of them and I'm pretty sure I have one with at least most of the artwork, in both its original printing (hardly used, but a couple of missing pages) and its recent reprint(!) that was sold at Five Below a year or two ago.

Bendon board books
Despite sharing titles with the G3 versions, the artwork is new and the text doesn't match (at least in Toola-Roola's book).
  • Cheerilee's Flower Garden
  • Pinkie Pie Throws a Party
  • StarSong Sings and Dances
  • Toola-Roola Paints a Picture

Phidal My Little Library
These came in a three-pack in a carrying case with StarSong on it. There was a Core-7-era G3 version, too, but the book titles are different. The G3 version's illustrations appear to be made of official artwork, so these might be the same.
  • I Can Help! (Sweetie Belle on cover)
  • A Stylish Idea (Rainbow Dash on cover)
  • StarSong book (idk the title or where I saw that it was StarSong, but that's who's on the cover)

Animated Storyteller books
These came with a Pinkie Pie plush who could read them to you. The covers feature G3.5 artwork, but the inside features screenshots from Meet the Ponies, where these stories came from.
  • Pinkie Pie's Party Party
  • Sweetie Belle's Ta Da, It's My-New-Cake Party
  • Cheerilee's Slumber Party
  • Scootaloo's Outdoor Play Party

French Comics (Jungle Kids)
These were only released in French, at least to my knowledge.
  • Joyeux Anniversaire (Happy Birthday)
  • L'histoire Qui Fait Peur (The Scary Story)

Other
  • I Can Read! The Greenest Day
  • Cute Cupcake Cookbook (Australian exclusive)

All in all, I'm surprised at the lack of Pinkie Pie books- the only covers she's on are the books centering on her!

EDIT: I just did a search for a book I found the other day (the same trip as the moldy Twilight Spore-kle) and I didn't find it. It's a G3 Play-a-Song book called "Hop, Skip, & Sing!" The documentation on G3 books is not perfect, but I don't know if there could be "lost" G3.5 books. After all, online shopping was much more popular then than it was in early G3, so listings for more recent books should still be up, right?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:00:40 PM by MintyMyndi »
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Re: G3.5 book list?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
Sorry if this doesn’t count as a book, or if it’s listed, I’m half asleep  :lol:
But I have fancy drawings, a board book with a magnetic board to draw the pictures inside!

The picture is super old (excuse the grammar on there!), and I’m not 100% sure where I’ve stashed this, so if I find it around I can give you more info  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 07:13:06 PM »
Sorry if this doesn’t count as a book, or if it’s listed, I’m half asleep  :lol:
But I have fancy drawings, a board book with a magnetic board to draw the pictures inside!

The picture is super old (excuse the grammar on there!), and I’m not 100% sure where I’ve stashed this, so if I find it around I can give you more info  ^.^

Ooooh, I've never seen that before! Yes, it counts  ^.^
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:45:40 AM »
I filmed it for you so you can see the art  ^.^
https://youtu.be/SLkUfcmvKeU

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 09:05:33 AM »
I filmed it for you so you can see the art  ^.^
https://youtu.be/SLkUfcmvKeU
That's amazing of you! Thank you! :frolic:

EDIT: I found more! These are "the official comic" by Panini! Only French results show up with a reverse image search, so I think that's the only language they came in. I can't find the back cover for the second one, though.
Spoiler
Book 1- Mélodie d'automne- Autumn Melody

Book 2- Fleurs et merveilles- Flowers and Wonders

Book 3- Mon bel épouvantail- My Beautiful Scarecrow
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:05:05 PM by MintyMyndi »
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 01:37:22 PM »
There's a G3.5 card-making kit, with a book showing you how to make the cards
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 01:51:35 PM »
I didn't find it just with a Google Images Search, which is my go-to. Do you have pics? Publisher, perhaps? Or exact title, what language, etc.?  I'm making a list in Word and, since it's for my own use, I'm pasting images in for reference. If you have a stock image, that's what I prefer, but I'm not above using random eBay photos if that's all I can find. I'll even accept cryptid-quality if there's nothing better!

Either way, it's going on my list.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 01:59:47 PM »
I didn't find it just with a Google Images Search, which is my go-to. Do you have pics? Publisher, perhaps? Or exact title, what language, etc.?  I'm making a list in Word and, since it's for my own use, I'm pasting images in for reference. If you have a stock image, that's what I prefer, but I'm not above using random eBay photos if that's all I can find. I'll even accept cryptid-quality if there's nothing better!

One piccie
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »

One piccie

Thank you!

EDIT: Hmmm, this is curious... Perhaps the titles are regional? It's also possible that this is an early cover; the only in-hand images I could find were "cool."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:35:30 PM by MintyMyndi »
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »
That looks like it. I wouldn't be surprised about naming inconsistencies tbh

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 06:04:43 PM »
I found more! I can't say that they may have much to offer in the lore department, but they exist, so they're going on my list! They double as pieces to the tray puzzle(s) included in the packaging. The Scootaloo one appears to be about shapes, the Cheerilee one about numbers, and the Toola-Roola one about colors. It says "puzzles," but only one is visible... are there more than these three included? Or is the name of the product "Puzzles with Little Books," and this is only one?

To be honest, I don't even know if they open or not... but what would be the point if they didn't?
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 09:59:50 AM »
We had two G3.5 cardboard books for smaller children released in Estonia, in Estonian in 2010. Here are the links to them where you can see the cover photos. I don't own neither of them unfortunately.

https://www.rahvaraamat.ee/p/my-little-pony-salap%C3%A4rane-kellassepp/30955/et?isbn=9789949162673#
https://www.apollo.ee/my-little-pony-rosalinda-sunnipaev.html
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »
We had two G3.5 cardboard books for smaller children released in Estonia, in Estonian in 2010. Here are the links to them where you can see the cover photos. I don't own neither of them unfortunately.

https://www.rahvaraamat.ee/p/my-little-pony-salap%C3%A4rane-kellassepp/30955/et?isbn=9789949162673#
Thank you! It appears that Estonian is one of the rare languages that didn't use the English names for the Core 7- do you happen to know them?

I have found a few new things. Mainly what I want more info on is the magazine by Panini Kids. The Panini Kids books from earlier are possibly compilations of them; one issue has the same cover art as the first one, and one issue has a story with the same title as the third one, which translates to "My Beautiful Scarecrow." The magazine had at least 13 issues, with each one having a comic and a story whose titles are given on the cover. The artwork in them is similar to the style of the G4 magazine by Egmont, with it being spliced official character art. I have the cover for issue seven, eight, thirteen, and an ad with two new ones with illegible numbers. I've only managed to find French versions. It came with free gifts, with a unique one for each issue; I don't have images of the gifts, but they are shown on the cover of the magazine.

Here's a link where you can see art from the Panini Kids magazine- You have to scroll past LPS stuff, and it's mixed in with G4 stuff. Most of it looks okay, but the head on Cheerilee!  :rofl: (You'll know it when you see it!) http://danielconci.blogspot.com/2012/12/little-pet-shop-magazine-my-littlr-pony.html
Let me just say that it's weird to see Scootaloo, an actual child, driving various vehicles!

There's a Finnish comic by Egmont as well. I only know of one issue. It came with free hairties.

There's also a Finnish board book called "Söpöt Ponit," which translates to "Cute Ponies." It has tabs for each page, similar to the English pre-Core 7 book "Meet the Ponies."

And, lastly, what appear to be French chapter books- one called "Le grande tombola" (The Big Raffle) with Sweetie Belle on the cover, and one with Cheerilee called "Au pays de rêve" (In Dreamland). Along with the French Jungle Kids comics, these are the most interesting to me since they probably have the most lore to offer.

Covers:
Spoiler

Free gift:

MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 12:08:05 PM »

Thank you! It appears that Estonian is one of the rare languages that didn't use the English names for the Core 7- do you happen to know them?

Yes I do!
Star Song - Viisitäht
Toola Roola - Tuuletütar (interestingly, this means 'daughter of wind', I have no idea how they came up with such a translation lol!)
Sweetie Belle - Linalakk (actually means 'flaxen-haired' but this is pretty cute translation imo)
Scootaloo - Rolleriina
Rainbow Dash - Vikerkaari
Pinkie Pie - Rosalinda
Cheerilee - Rõõmukas

I also have an Estonian Egmont G3.5 magazine, it was only a one-time issue but if it is of any use to you, I can scan the whole thing in and send to you.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »

Yes I do!
Star Song - Viisitäht
Toola Roola - Tuuletütar (interestingly, this means 'daughter of wind', I have no idea how they came up with such a translation lol!)
Sweetie Belle - Linalakk (actually means 'flaxen-haired' but this is pretty cute translation imo)
Scootaloo - Rolleriina
Rainbow Dash - Vikerkaari
Pinkie Pie - Rosalinda
Cheerilee - Rõõmukas

I also have an Estonian Egmont G3.5 magazine, it was only a one-time issue but if it is of any use to you, I can scan the whole thing in and send to you.
Thank you for the names! And yes, I'd love it if you scanned the magazine!
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal