collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some ideas for my empty Oreo packets.  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I need some ideas for my empty Oreo packets.
« on: March 08, 2023, 09:46:09 AM »
I will explain what I am needing help with.

I have empty Oreo cookie packets in a drawer in my desk. It is currently full. The Oreo packets are literally empty, I just like to save them because I am weird, and it is comforting  :blush: .  My mom bought me another family size package yesterday before a doctors appointment because I was hungry. She did buy me some "Albeneese" gummy bears for me to snack on. I did not open the Oreos. So now when I finish the Oreo packet, I am going to save the empty package. But the thing is, when I finish the Oreo package, there will be no room for me to hide it in a drawer. Where do you guys think I should move my packets? I have some ideas in mind, I just am not sure if it is a good idea. And no, the trash can does not count as a spot. I would never throw them away!  :frolic:

Hope I can have some help! Have a good day!  ^.^
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I need some ideas for my empty Oreo packets.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »
I guess if you're going to keep them you could get a Banker's Box and put them in that.  Depending on what space you have the box might fit under your bed or in a closet.

Are you keeping the plastic insert that holds the cookies or just the plastic wrapper that goes around it--the part with the Oreo logo?  If it's just the wrapper maybe you could repurpose them into a craft project--like putting them in resin and making coasters.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 10:50:37 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:49:05 AM »
I kept some weird stuff as a kid/teen too. I would keep the little plastic pizza tables and the tops of slushee cups.

Would you like to do a collage of them? Or another art type project? Or are you wanting to keep them hidden, which might be a little concerning honestly.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 10:54:18 AM »
I kept some weird stuff as a kid/teen too. I would keep the little plastic pizza tables and the tops of slushee cups.

Would you like to do a collage of them? Or another art type project? Or are you wanting to keep them hidden, which might be a little concerning honestly.
I like keeping them out of sight. Pizza tables!!!! Oml I loved those as a kid.  XD  I wouldn't see anything concerning about the oreo packets.  :blush: . Maybe I do but not at the moment.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 11:04:00 AM »
Well, it's only because you mentioned that they bring you comfort. It sounds like you might have a bit of a hoarding tendency. I do too and have to keep myself in check so I don't end up with a big cardboard/garbage pile like I did before.

But if you want to keep them I agree with a box or maybe one of those long bins that slide under the bed.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 12:56:39 PM »
Well, it's only because you mentioned that they bring you comfort. It sounds like you might have a bit of a hoarding tendency. I do too and have to keep myself in check so I don't end up with a big cardboard/garbage pile like I did before.

But if you want to keep them I agree with a box or maybe one of those long bins that slide under the bed.
Ooh! I see what you mean now! Well, you might have a point on the hoarding. I don't have room under my bed. Like at all. I have stuffed animals I have kept over the years. I will definitely find a way though. 
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 05:36:46 PM »
Do you have a closet? You could hang up a bag and put them in there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 08:50:09 PM »
Hmm I was thinking of turning them into a craft too, but it sounds like that is out of the question since you want to keep them hidden. To Pokeyonekenobi’s question are we talking JUST the wrapper here or the plastic insert things too? That would help us visualize what exactly you are working with here and how many you already have.

If you have been keeping the plastic parts the easiest way to condense would probably be to get rid of those. The wrappers alone won’t take up much space….if you are keeping the plastic parts is there a reason why? And do you NEED to have more than one?

I agree with BC’s concern with hoarding tendencies too. Since it sounds like you are running low on space overall it sounds like it would be beneficial to evaluate if having multiples of the same package is really needed to bring you joy. I have hoarding tendencies myself so I definitely understand finding joy in packaging and what not. My weak point is candle jars that I’ve cleaned the wax out of. :lol: I have way too many and no use for about 80% of them, but it’s hard for me to get rid of them. Finally though, since my cabinet I keep them in is getting full I’ve been forced to pick my favorites and start donating and tossing the rest.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 07:39:36 AM »
Well.... if they're all the same, do you really need more than one? Condensing what you have would probably help with space.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 07:50:55 AM »
If it’s just the outer wrapper, maybe you could keep them in a binder in those plastic sleeve pages? I encourage you to think of how to repurpose it. I once bought a necklace made with a soda can.  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 09:07:42 AM »
Do you have a closet? You could hang up a bag and put them in there.
I do. It is too full with coats and stuff.

Post Merge: March 09, 2023, 09:11:57 AM

Hmm I was thinking of turning them into a craft too, but it sounds like that is out of the question since you want to keep them hidden. To Pokeyonekenobi’s question are we talking JUST the wrapper here or the plastic insert things too? That would help us visualize what exactly you are working with here and how many you already have. If you have been keeping the plastic parts the easiest way to condense would probably be to get rid of those. The wrappers alone won’t take up much space….if you are keeping the plastic parts is there a reason why? And do you NEED to have more than one? I agree with BC’s concern with hoarding tendencies too. Since it sounds like you are running low on space overall it sounds like it would be beneficial to evaluate if having multiples of the same package is really needed to bring you joy. I have hoarding tendencies myself so I definitely understand finding joy in packaging and what not. My weak point is candle jars that I’ve cleaned the wax out of. :lol: I have way too many and no use for about 80% of them, but it’s hard for me to get rid of them. Finally though, since my cabinet I keep them in is getting full I’ve been forced to pick my favorites and start donating and tossing the rest.

Ok yes I do like that idea of not keeping the inside! I might look into that later.  :lookround:

Post Merge: March 09, 2023, 09:16:35 AM

If it’s just the outer wrapper, maybe you could keep them in a binder in those plastic sleeve pages? I encourage you to think of how to repurpose it. I once bought a necklace made with a soda can.  :satisfied:

I thought about it and it might work after all! What I am seeing is a way to visualize the outcome of de-cluttering the plastic in the package. That necklace is super cool! I have some of the plastic sleeve things on my desk somewhere I think. Yes I do! I can look into it later and try something out!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:16:35 AM by Rainlove The Pegasus »
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal