collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone crochet savvy? Want to alter a pattern to make ponies  (Read 2216 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Is anyone crochet savvy? Want to alter a pattern to make ponies
« on: November 02, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Okay, so my mom recently made this bear for a friend's son. It's a beginner-friendly pattern, so I might be able to make one.
https://www.amigurumitogo.com/2014/11/crochet-teddy-bear-youtube-tutorial.html
Handling it, I immediately saw Sleep & Twinkle StarSong.

She skipped the thumbs and attached the arms differently, which helped with the look. I would attach the legs further apart, but that's pretty simple to do. The muzzle's about right, and the pattern actually includes angel wings that are perfect for StarSong.

The only real bit of altering I want to do is to add cheeks. A few increases to each side of the face, just to bulk them up a bit, then the pattern is all the same. I also want pointed ears, of course, but there are a million patterns I could work with for that (though I'd appreciate a recommendation!). I'm not sure how feasible the cheeks are, nor where to put them. I also lack the skills to test the pattern again and again. If somebody could help me with this, that'd be great!

Thanks in advance!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Is anyone crochet savvy? Want to alter a pattern to make ponies
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 04:25:09 AM »
Oh those are cute!

I'm not super crochet savvy, I knit a lot, but only have done a few amigurumi and regular crochet patterns ^^' But I would, just looking at the bears, probably put an increase just under where the eyes are (or where you plan to put them) by doing a couple sc in the same st. maybe 2 sc in the same st x3? and then same on the other side. That way the back of the head should retain its shape so you don't end up with a pear. I'd just start by doing the head first, and fiddle around with the increases (and rip back if needed) until it looks the way you want :)
you could probably play around with the ear shaping to form pointier ears from the same circle base, too :)
I found this, maybe this could be helpful?
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jazzy-the-unicorn

I don't know if I have time, because I have a lot of gift makes going on atm, but if I can, I'll see if I can figure something out ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal