collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this a real G1 plush?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Is this a real G1 plush?
« on: November 02, 2020, 12:28:29 PM »
Still haven't figured out how to post pictures on here so if anyone wants to help me with that too, please do so! And yes, I have tried putting the URL between the [ img ] code. I also forgot the website someone recommended where I can upload pictures and get a URL for free since that's no longer an option with photobucket or tinypic.

Anyways...

click the link and it will take you to my Tumblr where I posted a picture and also some information

https://hennessys-ponies.tumblr.com/post/633705587274907648/anyone-know-anything-about-this-i-cant-tell-if

I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a real G1 plush?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
I opened the image in a new tab to get the raw image link, then added the img bbc to create:
Code: [Select]
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/0daf70bf25d74cbde71c45e6acf3a7a5/bb1e3adad53d0ee5-af/s500x750/5a430c3d30364b65cf48669fbf12140d7f0e7fa6.jpg[/img]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also to answer your question I think she is a real Blossom made by Applause!

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ChristyLea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
  • This too shall pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »
I'm so off my game... But yes this was applause. Correct me if in wrong were these from Brazil too?
You only have the moment you are in...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 01:55:20 PM »
I'm not sure about the origin country but it's definitely Applause. I am fairly sure they were available in a few places, but I am not sure about manufacture. I think we have this one, plus Moondancer at least from here in the UK and have seen them online from the US.

And they are real G1.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »
I'm not sure about the origin country but it's definitely Applause. I am fairly sure they were available in a few places, but I am not sure about manufacture. I think we have this one, plus Moondancer at least from here in the UK and have seen them online from the US.

And they are real G1.
Moondancer? I thought there were only Cotton Candy, Blossom, Firefly, and Glory... Or is this a case of mistaken identity?

An ad showing these guys referred to them with male pronouns (I think it said each one came with a brush for "his hair"), which I find amusing. The only other case of officially misgendered ponies I can think of is in the G3 book "Belle of the Ball." In early copies, when Star Catcher comes in, it says "butterflies were all around him," but uses female pronouns elsewhere. Later copies fixed this... by only using male pronouns! I feel like we need more male ponies!

Back on topic, these guys have two variants: stamped symbols that fade easily, and sturdier, rarer embroidered symbols. In my experience (which isn't much, so grain of salt), the stamped ones are pretty close to most Hasbro Softies in price, and the embroidered ones go for a pretty penny. Symbol-wise, yours is in very nice condition for a stamped pony! Sometimes they're completely gone!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »

And they are real G1.
Moondancer? I thought there were only Cotton Candy, Blossom, Firefly, and Glory... Or is this a case of mistaken identity?

An ad showing these guys referred to them with male pronouns (I think it said each one came with a brush for "his hair"), which I find amusing. The only other case of officially misgendered ponies I can think of is in the G3 book "Belle of the Ball." In early copies, when Star Catcher comes in, it says "butterflies were all around him," but uses female pronouns elsewhere. Later copies fixed this... by only using male pronouns! I feel like we need more male ponies!

Back on topic, these guys have two variants: stamped symbols that fade easily, and sturdier, rarer embroidered symbols. In my experience (which isn't much, so grain of salt), the stamped ones are pretty close to most Hasbro Softies in price, and the embroidered ones go for a pretty penny. Symbol-wise, yours is in very nice condition for a stamped pony! Sometimes they're completely gone!

Maybe Glory. I haven't seen them in 20 years so take anything I say with a pinch of salt unless it's about UK specific G1 plush :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 06:49:19 PM »
They were available in the US, not sure about other countries.  Applause was based in California.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 06:51:27 AM »

And they are real G1.

Maybe Glory. I haven't seen them in 20 years so take anything I say with a pinch of salt unless it's about UK specific G1 plush :)

There  is a Hasbro Softie Moondancer but she has Baby Moondancer’s pink mane and tail instead of adult Moondancer’s burgundy.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Plush_Ponies

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:52:59 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 09:15:36 AM »
The Softie unicorn has a gold horn, too, and as far as I know she's the only G1 plush like that.  I wonder how that came to be . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »
Open and closed mouth poses of the softies also have variation in hair colors and horn details. I need to take an updated group photo of my gals all together to make it easier to distinguish...

Those Applause plushes are something else, aren't they? Embroidered or non-embroidered symbols as well. So many to choose from!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
Late to the party, but...

I thought I had both versions of Firefly, but instead have 2 different sizes???

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 10:15:39 AM »
Late to the party, but...

I thought I had both versions of Firefly, but instead have 2 different sizes???

halicabi
Open mouth and closed mouth?
I have some multiples of the same pony that do have a bit of size variation. I chalk it up to washing and drying.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal