collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Nurse Sweetheart

have her
10 (27.8%)
want her
14 (38.9%)
new to me
3 (8.3%)
army
0 (0%)
thinking a bit more
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: November 07, 2020, 06:35:29 AM

Author Topic: POTD 11/2/2020 Nurse Sweetheart  (Read 1834 times)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 11/2/2020 Nurse Sweetheart
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 09:44:58 AM »
Have her! She was my first nurse pony. Love this set so much. As an RN they speak to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »
I will go grab mine. No natural light at this time of day for a photo sadly, but I can at least put the fibres together.

ETA I think Nurse is marginally paler but it could be fading because she is second hand and I don't know her history before I got her, unlike my 7C Sweetheart. Nurse is also a bit more cream coloured but again that could simply be discolouring. Your photo example looks whiter.

Yes, mine and the one I sent on are both very white, not creamy, so I guess yours could be a little bit discoloured. When I was on the lookout for both of them I compared a few ebay listings and I noticed Nurse Sweetheart was usually in worse condition than 7 Tales Sweetheart and often discoloured, so perhaps she is a bit more prone to yellowing than 7 Tales Sweetheart. But it may also be purely coincidental of course.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »
I dislike hospitals and even though all the nurses I’ve known have been really nice, I just don’t think of ponies in a hospital setting. 

I would never leave her behind, but this isn’t a pony on my wishlist.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 07:58:12 AM »
Have!!! She's one of the three Tales characters who has a different release: the others are Hairdo Starlight & Roller Skate Melody. Unlike some of you I prefer the different ones to the Tales ones.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2020, 08:04:45 AM »
Have!!! She's one of the three Tales characters who has a different release: the others are Hairdo Starlight & Roller Skate Melody. Unlike some of you I prefer the different ones to the Tales ones.

There are even more re-releases of the 7 Tales characters if you count the Dutch Ponies. Sweetheart for example got a re-release as Heart Pony, so basically she exists in three versions.  :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 10:27:40 AM »

There are even more re-releases of the 7 Tales characters if you count the Dutch Ponies. Sweetheart for example got a re-release as Heart Pony, so basically she exists in three versions.  :)
To me the Dutchies are their own Ponies. Some may be friends or relatives of the Ponies they're kind of based on, but like certain Argentineans their colours are different enough to almost be another Pony.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 10:45:13 AM »
I want her
Inka Dinka Doo

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »

To me the Dutchies are their own Ponies. Some may be friends or relatives of the Ponies they're kind of based on, but like certain Argentineans their colours are different enough to almost be another Pony.

For me Nurse Sweetheart is basically a separate pony too because her symbol doesn't emulate 7C Sweetheart. But Hartjes is definitely a relative of Sweetheart if you look at it that way. She was sold on a Tales pony card, essentially - albeit they all were, the adults. And it also depends whether you think of the 1995 Dutch line as franchised or official Hasbro release, since they were apparently under licence of some kind. Lots of grey areas.

I tend to agree with Ice Crystal though. Hartjes is as much Sweetheart as Nurse Sweetheart is, since one is a different colour and the other has a different symbol.

I will always prefer the 7C versions of the characters but for me Starlight and Melody are easily versions of the 7C pony, whereas Sweetheart is more like 'what maybe she did when she grew up.'

I am so glad we didn't get a chance to have the 7C characters produced ad nauseum, so they didn't get ruined by familiarity.

(7C = 7 Character = the official set name of the Tales Ponies)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
Never had her and never will.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »

Dutch Diary.  :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »
I would love to have her someday, with her hat too.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
I love her and I do have her. Shes just so cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal