collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My pony just lizard yeeted her tail  (Read 687 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
My pony just lizard yeeted her tail
« on: October 31, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »
I was doing some light brushing of conditioner on my newly thrifted Lemon Drop’s tail when she decided to just snap the entire thing off like a lizard. It was very shocking! (And as far as I’m concerned, she is now a reptilian disguised as a pony) Anyway, it appears that her washer is now in the hollow of her foot, and I am deathly afraid of beheading her to get it out. Is there no other way to replant the tail?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: My pony just lizard yeeted her tail
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:48 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it looks like the tail is intact, just loosed from the washer?

It's really common for the washer to come loose. THe tail will go back in again without it. It doesn't need the washer to stay in :) You may have to be careful when brushing though. I have some from childhood whose tails are loose but I could still carry them by the tail as a kid.

You may want to wait for it to dry out properly though. And you do need to be careful not to split the tail hole when putting the tail back inside.

The washer down the leg...also not uncommon. The biggest risk of that is rust of course. It's up to you if you take her head off to get it out. I personally wouldn't break a neck seal, but it's an option. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »
Echoing Taff. I've got a few G1 that don't have their washers. I only notice they don't have it when I do their initial cleaning and spa day, if you use your pony for just display or light play, you won't notice it's gone aside from maybe a rattling sound if the washer isn't wedged in a foot. If you do use them as hair play, you may want to break the seal to put some zip ties instead, but otherwise you should be good as is.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:30:31 PM »
I am now adding lizard yeet to my vocabulary!!  Yeet drives my teen bananas, this is better. 
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal