collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Damaged Hair?  (Read 830 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Damaged Hair?
« on: October 30, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
If you saw my antique mall post, I was able to pick up 6 ponies. It was a lucky find! Unfortunately, a few had matted, knotted hair. I was working on G3 Rainbow Dash last night and today in order to fix her hair up a bit! Here are some pictures:
Condition I bought Rainbow Dash in:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post combing out the knots and matted hair:

Today after using a straightener:

So, what this post is about, her hair is still severely damaged (see the end of her hair on the mane primarily). I do not intend on keeping her, since I really only have big interest in G1, but I was wondering if there was any way to get her hair a little more presentable for when I put her up for sale? I really would appreciate the feedback!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Damaged Hair?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
Keep pushing on! I've had results like that before I used a mini straightener. My curling iron didn't cut it and would take some frizz, but leave the ponies still quite frizzy. My straightener works much better, sometimes it just needs extra lovin'.
It is quite hard to actually 100% make the hair smooth anyway.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 07:26:24 PM »
Keep pushing on!
I'm trying! I plan on going on with another round of conditioning and straightening tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get some progress then too!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
It seems that the smaller your tool is, the better. I use a Conair 1/4 inch curling iron and it's magic. Also, dark pink hair seems more prone to frizz and hair rot, as well as more resistant to treatment. You'll need to persevere to get it like the other colors, in my experience.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline eveningstar79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
I think you’re doing a great job on her ,she looks so much better after the straightener! I’m still learning how to manage pony frizz and still need to invest in an iron / hair straightener  ^.^ I have a fluttershy I got in a lot that required a lot of tlc especially on her tail and even though I didn’t get all the frizz out, mainly at the ends, after some conditioner she looks a lot better.

Offline Marshie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 10:05:01 PM »
...I’m still learning how to manage pony frizz and still need to invest in an iron / hair straightener...
The straightener is the ONLY thing that is saving my life with pony frizz! Mine is old and I need to get a new one! I hope some people recommend some good ones for the both of us!
It seems that the smaller your tool is, the better...Also, dark pink hair seems more prone to frizz and hair rot, as well as more resistant to treatment. You'll need to persevere to get it like the other colors, in my experience.
Mine's an old one I used in high school for my scene phase
 :yikes:
I should invest in a smaller one because I feel like it would be easier to get more of the pony hair. When you say persevere it like the other colors, do you mean work on it more or something else? Her pinks were way worse than the others, I agree.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
It seems that the smaller your tool is, the better...Also, dark pink hair seems more prone to frizz and hair rot, as well as more resistant to treatment. You'll need to persevere to get it like the other colors, in my experience.
Mine's an old one I used in high school for my scene phase
 :yikes:
I should invest in a smaller one because I feel like it would be easier to get more of the pony hair. When you say persevere it like the other colors, do you mean work on it more or something else? Her pinks were way worse than the others, I agree.
Yep, just keep working on it  ;)
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal