collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oxy-Clean is to twinkle eyes what Latisse is to green eyes! PICS ADDED!  (Read 892 times)

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Man, I really messed up   :sad: I didn't experiment first  :( . I thought Oxy-Clean would be no big deal. Let me tell you a story.

I saw a pony I own valued at a very high price on the internet, and the value of the pony they showed made me see it as NM, or at least VG. I decided to "brighten" and clean mine.

I put the pony in a glass container on top of the dryer. I poured in boiling water, and she was face down, submerged. I put in the Oxy-Clean (very small amount) and it started sizzling. I came back five minutes later....

QUACKERS'S eyes had bubbles stuck to them like ants on an apple core!  :blink: :blink: :shocked: :huh: :( :cry: :yikes:    I used soaked soft warm fingernails to get the oxy-clean lux flakes or whatever they were off the eye. The right one has a little scratchtched. Completeletly clear, flat, transluscent, unscratchted, with NO interference paint left. I have never seen that before.

Then I looked at the one valued at around $100. Its body was equally discolored, its hair was the same, its symbols were a little worse, and its marks just a little lighter. Well it still has its eyeshine.

On the positive side, I was able to "scrucnch" Quackers's mane back to factory curl.

I would like to load pictures and ask for a price check but whether I try to paste an image or or hit "attachments and options" it just never works. How do you post pics?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The good old days....

The line of white on the front facet is not a reflection, it is the scratch. Anyway this is what I mean by "i have never seen" an almost unscratched surface, flat, translucent aqua with no interference at all. of course this is a camera flash, but it is still a little brighter when it does actually catch the light.

Well here she is swimming and hoping it doesn't rain or whatever she does  :satisfied: ....

closer, front marks

Now that, Sir, is a tail (even though it isn't factory curl. I didn't need a flat iron or anything.)

back and super nice mane. there is a mark on the symbol, but the symbol itself is fine.

And with a flash she she now has very blue eyes.

Okay so Control + click, then "open image in new tab" and that tab will have the normal sized image. I will shrink pics next time first but im too drained to do it now...i didn't know my phone took enormous pictures!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 05:05:39 PM by Bathtub »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Oxy-Clean is to twinkle eyes what Latisse is to green eyes!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
Total bummer!  To post pictures you click the little Mona Lisa icon above and you need to paste the Image Address.  So when you right click on your image, don't click copy image, click copy image address and that will get it for you.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »
I have heard that Oxiclean would remove the paint on the gems before, but I don't think I've actually had any TE with the paint so I can't tell the difference...
You'll need to upload pictures on another site first!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:20:53 AM »
Yeah don't use Oxiclean on sensitive ponies... sorry you learned the hard way...
use postimage.org for pictures
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
Interesting to know...I have been using Oxyclean to clean almost all of my ponies, thankfully with no bad results yet. I don't generally soak them in it, just scrub with a little Oxy powder combined with dish soap. I've probably even scrubbed on or around twinkle eyes with it, but rinsed it right away. Maybe I'll scale that back, just in case...only use the Oxy on particularly grimy ponies. Thanks for the warning!

P.S...I always wished Latisse would have turned my light eyes brown...I was so excited when I heard about that peculiar side effect, and disappointed when it didn't happen.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »
I’m so sorry to hear that  :(

I had a similar experience with using oxyclean on a princess pony.  It will take the metallic paint right off the jewel.

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Oxy-Clean is to twinkle eyes what Latisse is to green eyes! PICS ADDED!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 05:25:26 PM »
bump

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 05:33:45 PM »
Ooh! Yeeah Twinkle Eyes+Oxyclean is bad news. Sorry to hear it. :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »
The image embeds aren't working
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal