collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bait? Or real price?  (Read 903 times)

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
Bait? Or real price?
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »
Hi, I just found this ended listing with enormously huge price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154038897206

It is possible that she sold for such price or it's just a trick to make us think that this figure is that valuable? O____O
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bait? Or real price?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
What on Earth? I looked up this particular Luna before and she sells for a good price, but not that good!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:15:24 AM »
Kinda hard to say. It seems like the seller is pretty established, and that they relisted 2 tall Lunas a few times..

The people who bid high on Luna have 0 feedback accounts, and bid on the other items 0 on items from the same seller.. so a shill account from a friend is out.

So it kinda makes me think someone was messing with the seller. :shrug:

ETA:
You can look at their completed listings. Type "Tall Luna" within the seller's listings, and you'll see the 2 Luna's that were relisted 2-3 times.

And while we can no longer see names, you can still look up who bid on the item, and their history with said seller. (Click on how many bids an auction has, then you can click the garbled u**d name).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:37:31 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
Money laundering or a kid with too much access to the internet and not enough access to the credit cards. It was also listed as sporting goods > equestrian ?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 08:29:40 AM »
You do get the occasional legitimate insane auction ending price, and it’s often due to what I like to call “nibbling”.  You get two(or more) bidders in a buying frenzy repeatedly upping their bid to *just* outbid each other.  I’ve gotten sucked into one of those a few times. “I already bid $123, what’s $3 more?” Have that conversation with yourself enough times, and you end up at the crazy price.  It usually happens to newer bidders as well. However, that entire bid history involves 0 or 1 feedback bidders, and the price is so excessive, it’s incredibly likely they’re just messing around and the seller won’t get paid.  Sadly that’s a thing on ebay. That’s why you get some extremely high value auction sellers insisting on contacting the bidders before allowing them to bid.  Some people just want to mess around. If they have 0 feedback, they have nothing to lose. They just make a new account if the old one gets banned for non payment.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:32:20 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 08:47:56 AM »
If you click on the 'relisted item' link, it then 'sold' for $106, and then $15, and then $23.50. So unless the seller had more than one of these to sell, I'm guessing someone bid and was just messing around and didn't pay for it several times before it finally sold for the $23.50 after being listed for the 4th time.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »
I would say this is seller manipulation - the buyers are "playing" and have no intention of paying :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »
Wow, that’s crazy  :blink: I’ve never seen anything like that before. Some weird stuff can happen on eBay sometimes I guess.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
Good lord, I don't think even Rapunzel would sell for that much! When I saw that the bidders had zero feedback, I figured it wasn't legit...and also who would pay that much money for something that (I presume; I'm not very well versed in the G4 toys) isn't even rare?

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »
that is dodgy as heck and i feel real sorry for that seller as they have really good feedback and someone is doing that to them.
i notice another person is now trying to sell one for $200, hummmm, still a little high for a store bought non exclusive.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 07:15:51 AM »
Knowing how the dregs of the brony community can behave, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a targeted attack on that specific seller for some reason. The fact it's happened more than once is suspicious for a repeated attack.

Although the relists don't mention anything. It just seems to be too much for a shilling example. It could be people trying to hype the value of their own item, but I doubt it. I think it's either trolling for lulz or because said seller refused to give someone something for free/reported someone for non payment/something on those lines.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal