collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a tale of a girl and her pet poisonous spider, (if you fear don't read here)  (Read 1980 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
i had to share this,
didn't weather to laugh or cry, put this in 'whats your problem' or 'of topic', so here we go..

I found a white tail spider (import from Australia)  while spring cleaning the house, i thought he was dying as he was quite drowsy and court him in a little container to show the family how big he was.  we like spiders here but not poisonous ones, they get the boot.
anyways my 10yr old darling daughter begged me not to kill it and gave me the guilt's so i said ok, silly me. never open the lid i said but she kept opening it and putting in a little habitat for him, even court a live fly for it too  :shocked:  :scared: :yucky: and she even gave it a name, 'Max"
so i put cello tape over the lid and said, poisonous, never ever open it ok do you understand, yes mum. i will never let Max out,
i week later one morning shes calling out its gone,  >_< -_- after a lengthy questioning i got "mum  i only opened the lid a bit for it to breath over night"  >_<   
i suffer from a little bit low blood pressure but it was really high then.
anyways she had the day of school for teachers only day which we spent doing more house cleaning and bug bombing.  :pout:
kids huh. well we never did find him.  :cry:

happy Halloween everybody

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

meet Max
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:50:10 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Well hopefully this spider remembers that your family were Good Humans
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well hopefully this spider remembers that your family were Good Humans
lol me too, i think my daughter said something along the lines of "i hope he remembers i feed him" :lol:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:12:25 PM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
anyways my 10yr old darling daughter begged me not to kill it and gave me the guilt's so i said ok, silly me.

"Oh, we took him to a nice spider farm out in the country"
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
anyways my 10yr old darling daughter begged me not to kill it and gave me the guilt's so i said ok, silly me.

"Oh, we took him to a nice spider farm out in the country"

:lmao:

wanted list
for trade

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Lol
But seriously. I like your kindness towards the little guy but I will stay a good few thousand Km away from it. Thank you. Gosh I want to live in Australia for school but I’ll have to learn to deal with these...
My mother would have grounded me if I did what your daughter did. Props for bravery but KID DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN! RANDOM INTERNET LADY SAYS SO
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:34:40 PM by Mewtwofan1 »
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

Lol
But seriously. I like your kindness towards the little guy but I will stay a good few thousand Km away from it. Thank you. Gosh I want to live in Australia for school but I’ll have to learn to deal with these...
My mother would have grounded me if I did what your daughter did. Props for bravery but KID DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN! RANDOM INTERNET LADY SAYS SO

lol thank you. yeah my husband helped me over 20yrs ago to get over my fear of spiders now i love them and so our kids are pretty chill with them too but we may not be like that if we lived in Australia LOL.
man that girl..... she has a real love of all creatures big and small, she is a real human Flutter Shy (with a discord side to her :lol:)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:10:50 PM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I am not sure it will still be fun for her when he turns up in her bedroom :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Now you only have to worry about it mating with one of your local varieties and creating a super spider that wipes out the planet. (just kidding...maybe)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
So Spiderman isn't real, but Spidergirl may well be...

Cute story xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I like spiders when they’re fuzzy... not so sure about this one.  :shocked:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
yes wel... we were meant to buy her or make her a jumpy soider terrain for her last birthday, we should have got her that jumpy spider terrain   >_<
why didn't get her that jumpy spider terrain  -_-
it would have kept her out of trouble, occupied with a cute wee harmless jumpy spider.

wanted list
for trade

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I am so happy Max didn't get killed. I love spiders, they have a bad reputation and get killed unnecessarily far too often - I mean, a human being afraid of them is just not a valid reason to kill something. They're so smart and so funny to watch, and it's just a shame they become the victim of human phobias when they're really way more scared of us.

They really like fluffy things, too. The number of times I've had to catch and remove one from my pillow, bean bag and even Sunset Shimmer...

So in conclusion, I think your daughter is awesome and she has the right attitude!

...But maybe not the best thing if the spider is poisonous to let him roam the house xD. Hopefully she learns a lesson from that and with any luck Max is now roaming far far away from your home, with stories to tell his future spider friends (always hoping they don't eat him, it's a spider eat spider world out there...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I am so happy Max didn't get killed. I love spiders, they have a bad reputation and get killed unnecessarily far too often - I mean, a human being afraid of them is just not a valid reason to kill something. They're so smart and so funny to watch, and it's just a shame they become the victim of human phobias when they're really way more scared of us.

They really like fluffy things, too. The number of times I've had to catch and remove one from my pillow, bean bag and even Sunset Shimmer...

So in conclusion, I think your daughter is awesome and she has the right attitude!

...But maybe not the best thing if the spider is poisonous to let him roam the house xD. Hopefully she learns a lesson from that and with any luck Max is now roaming far far away from your home, with stories to tell his future spider friends (always hoping they don't eat him, it's a spider eat spider world out there...)

yeah i get very upset if i hear of or see people killing spider only because they are a spider, harmless spiders, we usually let them roam free in the house but white tails aren't worth the risk and they love hoping into beds, blankets and snug little spots and can course a bit of a nasty infection from their bite including a flesh eating venom if your one of the unlucky ones to react badly to its bite and not get it treated in time.
a lady at my husbands work has a nasty scare across her forehead  which she covers with bangs from a white tail bite as a child.
 but all aside i don't get the great deal of the phobia and why to spiders, not many of them are venomous.
anyways i would have loved to get a tarantula, the kids would love it but sadly thats another thing that is illegal to own in New Zealand.

wanted list
for trade

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I think the rules are probably different if it's self-defence/protection against nasty venom.

Fortunately we don't have many problematic spiders here like that.

Poison or allergy aside, it bothers me when people kill anything just because they fear it.

It's especially bad when the person in question is all "save the animals!" and then bragging about killing a spider because it was in her shower. Experience from university. Not amused.

So it's awesome your daughter isn't afraid of them, even if maybe she needs to be a little more afraid of that one :)

A while back they had Prince William's kids on camera talking to David Attenborough about nature, and Princess Charlotte told him she loved spiders and asked if he did too. Good for her :) Clearly your girl is in the same mould.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal