collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much time do you spend in your pony room?  (Read 1701 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you spend in your pony room?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 08:50:17 AM »
We’re an extremely high risk household, so we haven’t been in public since March.  We’re in what I’d call extreme quarantine.  Whenever I just need some time alone, I’ll go to the pony room.  There’s a tv set up in there, and an old futon. I occasionally take a nap in there, or watch the movies my husband doesn’t like. Why he’s not a fan of Sharknado, I’ll just never know! 

Sometimes I just sit on the futon with my ipad and watch Youtube.  Sometimes I sort pony accessories.  I had this idea to photograph my collection during quarantine, but the amount of dishes and daily crap to do that is generated by two people who never leave the house is staggering, and I never seem to get to it.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 07:31:31 AM »
I am currently living in a studio apartment so having a room dedicated to my collections is impossible. But even if I did have the space, I can't picture not using it for customizing and crafting as well.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 03:59:11 PM »
I do have a pony room and I do feel like I should spend more time in it. However, I used to have my computer there I do miss having the ponies around me. I have some issues about the room. the space is wonderful for all my ponies in it though. :/

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »
Not enough!  I should probably get something more in there besides shelves.  I have to sit on the floor.  It's more of a doll room than pony room.  But I scatter my ponies throughout the shelves and take them to my desk in another room.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 05:04:53 AM »
It depends for me. I usually try to schedule long weekends a few times a year for bigger projects so I can get a whole project done in one go (like rearranging a display). Otherwise, I’ll be in there usually once a week, doing small things or just enjoying looking at my collection. I share the room with my roommate (she collects She-Ra), so sometimes we just hand out in there and chat. We also have two cats who are chewers, so having the collection in a closed space where we can keep the cats out is essential.

I also like to set up dioramas in there. In a normal year we’d have a small party around Xmas for friends and the pony room gets decorated and an Xmas diorama set up for the occasion. Everyone likes coming through and seeing the display.

Elf

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 08:39:57 AM »
My pony room is also the guest room. Though we can't have guests now.

Sometimes i work in there or take naps there. I still need to add more shelves so it's a little chaotic in there.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »
I have no proper space to display that isn't blasted by sunlight (I only have east and west windows, meaning bright early sunlight or blasting bright afternoon sun), so even though the plants LOVE both, plastic doesn't do so well. I ended up putting the ponies in the storage at the foot end of the bed and honestly.... not a bad choice. You don't see them right away, but I've become a big fan of it.

So I guess the answer is, thanks to COVID, I spend quite a bit of time in here working on my laptop! To the left of me are my aquariums, and at the end of the bed are some of my most prized pony children.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:58:11 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline jillrose

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
My whole toy collection is displayed inside light-blocking shelves in my home office.  I generally keep the doors closed, but whenever I need a smile, I can just open up all the doors and take them all in! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal