collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How much time do you spend in your pony room?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
How much time do you spend in your pony room?
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:30:12 AM »
For those of you that have dedicated pony rooms, how much time do you spend in them and what do you do? Aside from admire them, I mean.

Do you take your morning coffee or tea in and start your day looking at walls of beautiful ponies? Do you read? Bring in your laptop? Do you sleep in your pony room? Just use it to get away?

I don't have one myself. My ponies are still packed up and even if I did have an extra room, they wouldn't fill it. I'd probably have a collection room with ponies and other things I have. I can see myself relaxing in a room like that and doing all of the above. So I'm curious what people actually do in their pony rooms.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you spend in your pony room?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 03:28:28 AM »
Oh, I’ll be stalking this thread! I JUST finished setting mine up a couple days ago, so so far it’s just been shown off to friends and family! :P I’ve already sat back and admired it a couple times so far, it’s nice to finally have all my girls properly displayed and out of storage.

I have a bunk bed/ desk combo set up in there for now since I don’t have enough shelves to fully fill the room, so it’s kind of a guest bedroom/workspace for me right now. Doing online classes amongst my ponies makes school way more fun! :P I also used the walk in closet to display all my play sets, so it’s kind of a diorama/photography place if I want to take pictures of my ponies. I’d love to know what everyone else does with their rooms!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 03:47:15 AM »
I don't have a whole room dedicated, but they are on display in my office/studio :3
So I spend hours in here drawing/painting and gaming ! I really need to invest in a good free standing shelf for my ponies. Currently they are just dotted around with plushies.

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 04:05:31 AM »
Mine are in my room, so a fair amount of time, especially since lockdown as it's also where I write, do any academic work, watch TV, etc. I don't have a pony room yet :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 04:50:03 AM »
My pony room is also the way to the balcony where let my cats out to catch some fresh air. So almost everyday about 10-15 minutes depending on the weather. And while they are outside I take the moment to put bought ponies in their places or to check some pony in daylight. Soak up the vibe and think about how to create more space for unpacked boxes. If I need some accessories sorted out I usually take it to my living room since I have a table over there. My living room is also filled with ponies.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 04:58:19 AM »
I have all my ponies in my bedroom so a lot of time.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 06:08:59 AM »
Mine isn't really set up yet; I'm just starting to move ponies down in boxes, but I need to get some proper shelving units for them. In the meantime, I have an empty dresser I can load them in to keep them from getting dusty. Honestly, once I get them all down there, I probably won't spend much time in there at all; my hobby room is in the basement and really out of the way, and with 3 kids under 6 I can't get away from the main level of the house often. I'm going to miss them...previously I had been using my bathroom linen closet for them and I loved looking at them every time I went in there, but they really have a way of taking over.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 11:20:50 AM »
I sleep there, as my Ponies take up half my bedroom lol
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »
Well, for now, the pony "wall" (section of a wall, in Detolf cases) is in our bedroom, on my side of the bed. so I get to see 300+ friendly faces when I wake up every day. :)

We're looking to move tho, and have been discussing making a room into combined pony+knitting/spinning+computer room (I knit a lot and make knitting podcasts, so I want a nice "me" corner :) ) and maybe at some point in the far future an entire pony room. But I really like the idea of having a "me" corner like that because it means I can admire ponies, while working on my hobbies, while also getting to spend time together if say hubby is on his PC. + it's a good backdrop xD 

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 10:15:47 PM »
I have my own room for my collections and decor, sadly I can't fit all my pony and vintage toys collection in there (it's in that room, the diningroom, my bedroom and two closest yikes) my ponies are in cabinets in the dining room but for preservation reasons I keep black out curtains over the cabinets so I can't really see them ever sadly. In my own room I spend my time taking photos mainly, I have an area with a backdrop and some photography lighting

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 10:36:37 PM »
Mine are in my bedroom so I’m around them often lol. I’d love to one day have a room just for my ponies though,that’s definitely  a goal of mine. 

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 05:06:05 AM »
My ponies have taken up residence in the computer room, so quite a bit! ^^

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 07:19:57 AM »
Baby Squirmy sits on my keyboard and keeps me company.  I don't have a big MLP display at the moment.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »
Odd enough, I do have room in my house to have a "dedicated" pony room (or in my case, a collection room since I don't solely collect ponies.) The thing is -- I would never use it -- if it was only dedicated space for toys. The room would have to have an actual purpose (work space, playroom, hobby room, living/tv room, etc) and then have a collection secondary to it.

But... also, a whole big collection out would give me anxiety and make me unhappy, so I just have things sprinkled here and there throughout the house.. and a majority of it stays in the closet (usually closed, sometimes open) and rotates out.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 11:23:11 PM »
My collection room is also my sewing room. I don't sew super often though, maybe once every 2 weeks. But it is definitely nice to spend time in there enjoying a hobby and soaking in all my collections. My room is also a work in progress so I've been in there a lot the past week organizing and moving things around to fit better and going through my doubles.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal