collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The smallest ponies of each generation.  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
The smallest ponies of each generation.
« on: October 24, 2020, 07:55:23 PM »
These ponies prove that great things come in small packages. Are there any I missed? What's your favorite?

G1=Petite Ponies/World's Smallest
G2=McDonald's
G3=Ponyvilles
G3.5=Ponyvilles/Blind Bags that were only available in Europe
G4=Blind Bags/Squishy Pops
G4.5=Blind Bottles
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 11:53:36 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The smallest ponies of each generation.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 09:31:17 PM »
There are very rare petite Ponies made in the style of the first G2s who are smaller than the McD's.

While for G1s there are Mummy Charms (States spells Mummy with an O)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 11:28:44 PM »
Yup, I’d say the smallest G2s are the Toyfair Petites. 

Both G3 and G4 had Breezies that were pretty darn small.  G4’s Breezies were smaller. 

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 11:54:46 PM »
Yup, I’d say the smallest G2s are the Toyfair Petites. 

Don't those use the same molds as the G1 Petites?

Av by Moonflower.

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 12:43:18 AM »
Yes, they are in the same mold as the G1 petites.  They were released in 1997 or 1998(forgot which) to promote the G2 line that year, and they’re miniature representations of some G2 ponies, so they’re generally considered G2.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:45:10 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 01:39:00 AM »
G1 is surely Itsy and Bitsy?

(OK so those aren't their official names, but the twins that come with the Surprise Twins Pony).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 04:37:18 AM »
Oh!  I forgot about the Mummy Pony twins!

Yes, those are the tiniest. 

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 06:21:28 AM »
Aren’t the world’s smallest ponies from g4 the smallest?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
For G3, would the little ponies that came in tins be smaller than the Ponyville ones? 

Last night I dreamed about finding one of those tins, and also inside the tin was the pony that came with it and a couple of tiny ponies that were like miniatures of the G1 petites that had brushable tails - so tiny!

I think they are counting those as being G1 since they are in the style of G1, even though they were released during the time of G4.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 07:08:38 AM »
Dollymix ponies are also pretty small re G3 ponies. I had some of the tin ones way back and I can't remember, size-wise.

The World's Smallest are definitely G1 not G4.

I don't have any of those and right now Itsy and Bitsy are in the attic with their mother, but I am fairly sure the twins are still smaller. Someone who has both can maybe check? They certainly are in terms of height, but I am not sure about overall width.

Anyone not sure what I mean, it's these...
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Surprise_Twins_Pony

(Again, that's not their official name, just what my sister called hers when we were kids xD)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 07:25:23 AM »
I think the Tiny Tins ponies were a bit bigger than Ponyvilles - not certain since I don't own one, just running off my memories of Tiny Tins in general.

Dollymixes are very teeny-tiny ^^

Some old size comparison photos I took... definitely gotta take more sometime!

Ooh, I just remembered the G4 Chupa Chups. Those are suuuuper tiny.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 07:30:36 AM »
I think G3 Tiny Tins are smaller than Ponvilles but I don't have Tiny Tins or Ponyvilles to compare them to each other. 

I also agree that Surprise Twins Mommy twins are probably the smallest G1s.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 08:07:40 AM »
For G3, would the little ponies that came in tins be smaller than the Ponyville ones? 

Last night I dreamed about finding one of those tins, and also inside the tin was the pony that came with it and a couple of tiny ponies that were like miniatures of the G1 petites that had brushable tails - so tiny!

I think they are counting those as being G1 since they are in the style of G1, even though they were released during the time of G4.
that makes sense. Never mind, then XD
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 08:48:23 AM »
It's kinda sad that there's not much for G2. I wonder how the G2 McDs compare to the blind bag G4s size wise.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »
For G3, it'd have to be the Busy Book figures; that is, if we're counting non-Hasbro ponies. I only have Cheerilee, but she's only like an inch tall, about Petite size. Each member of the Core 7 had a uniquely posed figure with pretty bad sculpts (in my opinion; Cheerilee's eyelid is super thick and her hair is... different) and reduced color schemes (most notable on Rainbow Dash and Toola-Roola). Their paint appears to be pretty fragile as well. They seem to be decently HTF, but not impossible. They turn up in lots occasionally and don't appear to be that sought after (I wonder why?).

The G3.5 Blind Bags are significantly smaller than the Ponyville figures, but not to the point where they couldn't play together. Their quirks include Pinkie's Hairstyle on all of them, heart-shapes highlights in every eye (StarSong should have a star, Cheerilee a flower, and Scootaloo a butterfly), and simplified symbols. There are also the less-frequently-talked-about Mermaid Blind Bags, which are smaller than the standard Mermaids (who, contrary to popular belief, were not officially part of the Ponyville line).

For G4, I'd say ditto for the Busy Book figures, though the movie ones tend to be a bit bigger than the originals due to the character choices. The originals are HTF because there are bootlegs EVERYWHERE. Though why anyone thought to bootleg a set that looks like THAT is beyond me...

There was also a transparent, unpainted Pinkie Pie figure which came with a mini playset (which may have been a Target Exclusive, but I'm not sure). At first glance, she looks like the Blind Bag mold, but her hair is show-accurate rather than just curly, revealing that she's just in the same pose. She's supposed to have a soft, rubbery plastic, but I don't have her to check. She's only one inch as well.

And then there are the Drink 'n' Play figures, of which I have two: wingless Rainbow Dash (they're all like that, at least from the first wave) and Pinkie Pie with Rarity's eyes and no Cutie Mark. The quality control on these guys is on a level I've never seen... in a GOOD way, I promise! Yup. Definitely. At least Dash has her Cutie Mark on both sides.

And my favorite one-inch G4 figures are the Finder's Keepers, which are basically a deconstructed Kinder Egg for the US market (but the chocolate is just okay). I was bad and looked into the edges of the packages (pre-COVID!) and rotated the capsule clear-side up to ensure no doubles... :devious: I have all of them except Pinkie (whom I rejected many times at first in favor of Cadance and Twilight :redface:), and my boyfriend has a Fluttershy of his own. The sculpts on these are mostly really nice, especially for their size (AJ has her hat!); Twi, Dash, and Celestia are a bit awkward, though. The mane and tail are separate pieces like on G3 Ponyvilles, so that helps them look nice (separate piece, separate base plastic color). They seem to be out of print in favor of the Kisses figures, so I don't think I'll complete my set anytime soon...

And the Kisses figures are bigger, about Blind Bag size. They don't have irises and Fluttershy (my only one so far) has her eyes pointing away from each other... if you ask me, they're quite inferior. The Kisses are nice, though.

In general, figures included with candy tend to be pretty small. There are so many for G4 around the world, it's hard to compare them all. I imagine Kinder figures may fall within this general size range, but I'm in the US, so... yeah. If anyone can compare these various figures, please do!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal