collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony frustrations  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony frustrations
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »
I have another: the limit of G3 & Retro media available in formats other than Region 1!!! I had to buy a portable DVD player to watch some of the DVDs, including World's Biggest Tea Party
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
I have another: the limit of G3 & Retro media available in formats other than Region 1!!! I had to buy a portable DVD player to watch some of the DVDs, including World's Biggest Tea Party

Region Free DVD player. Essential equipment. ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »
Hasbro not even caring to name their ponies anymore. Like, there were new characters in the Potion Life blind bags- but nope. If they aren’t the mane 6, then screw them.

Way to go, Hasbroken.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »
Hasbro not even caring to name their ponies anymore. Like, there were new characters in the Potion Life blind bags- but nope. If they aren’t the mane 6, then screw them.

Way to go, Hasbroken.
Supposedly, if the package is to be believed, there is a character list on the MLP website. I haven't found it yet. I keep checking, hoping they'll add it someday... I REALLY need a better name for the green alicorn from Batch 1- I've been calling her "Princess Seasick."
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 09:11:51 PM »
Was playing around with a lot of ponies I acquired, and I must have knocked something loose inside a brushwoolie because sand came out it’s bottom. It has never done that before and...well now there is sand everywhere.
Also, but ponies but don’t have the space to display them all! I either need to get rid of some books and knickknacks, or put the ponies on a rotation schedule because I cannot get more space anytime soon.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 02:23:42 AM »
Glued heads. WHY??? Even as a youngster I'd always loosen heads or get Dad to. It let the Ponies be more dynamic & they could see all sorts of things. Now I get the B&G heads, & maybe the D&P heads, as the former are part of the mechanism, while the latter are right next to it. But for a common or garden Pony, what's wrong with allowing her/his head to turn???
The fact that in half the poses, the location of the neck joint makes the head turning looked cursed :P This was actually the subject of an episode of My Little Transformer.

An additional factor specific to G1s is that if the heads weren't glued on (or, more commonly in G1's case, slightly fused on in places) it would be very easy for them to pop off and get lost.

Pony frustrations for me:
* No windfall to make up for lost spring job
* Not being able to find Basic Fun ponies at Target last I looked
should be perma-moderated

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 08:36:25 AM »
I'm definitely ever thankful G1 heads aren't glued on nearly as strong as G3 heads! They're absolutely nasty to try to get off.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 09:11:30 AM »
Glued heads. WHY??? Even as a youngster I'd always loosen heads or get Dad to. It let the Ponies be more dynamic & they could see all sorts of things. Now I get the B&G heads, & maybe the D&P heads, as the former are part of the mechanism, while the latter are right next to it. But for a common or garden Pony, what's wrong with allowing her/his head to turn???
The fact that in half the poses, the location of the neck joint makes the head turning looked cursed :P This was actually the subject of an episode of My Little Transformer.

An additional factor specific to G1s is that if the heads weren't glued on (or, more commonly in G1's case, slightly fused on in places) it would be very easy for them to pop off and get lost.

My Braided Beauty actually does have a head that goes all the way around. She's always been like that. Amused me like anything as a kid xD

Though I don't really care for moving heads on G1 if it isn't by design. The peekaboo heads also flop around when they're loose...><

For me loose g1 head = someone has tampered inside that pony.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2020, 09:25:34 AM »
I had a few G1 ponies that had loose heads when I was growing up. I don't know how they got that way; we never intentionally pulled them off. It didn't bother me in most cases, but our Baby Firefly's head was loose to the point of being annoying. As an adult, I can appreciate being able to pull the head off in the event of needing to check inside for mould/mildew, but if it's intact and I don't have a pressing reason to get inside the pony, I leave it intact.

Weird, random thought...it would be a really sneaky way to hide some cash...inside a pony...if you needed to keep a stash safe, haha.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »

Weird, random thought...it would be a really sneaky way to hide some cash...inside a pony...if you needed to keep a stash safe, haha.

How people used to pay for ponies internationally before the advent of paypal.
Cash in a fakie.
No word of a lie.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

How people used to pay for ponies internationally before the advent of paypal.
Cash in a fakie.
No word of a lie.

Wait...what?! That's so interesting! I never thought about how people paid for things before PayPal. I was a late bloomer to internet buying and PayPal has just always been an option. So the buyer would send the cash-infused fakie to the seller, and once it was received the seller would send the pony? Scary should it get lost...but creative!

'I'll send it via Pony Express!'

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
Yep.
I know I'm not the only one, but I bought my first pony from ebay in 1998, it was August, I was 16, and it was $5 with $4 postage. I went and asked the PO for $9 and I sent it via mail. I used to pay my ebay fees by sending them cash (not in a fakie!) too since MOs were not transitional and international MOs were way too expensive.

It's horrifying to think of now but sending and receiving USD in cash was really normal. And when paypal began everyone was a bit suspicious about whether it was safe (the context, the irony...).

True, PP is not perfect, but yeah.

I remember having a conversation with another ponyperson at a station somewhere...forget where...about this new paypal thing, which she used, and how it worked, and whether it was ok :)

Back then pretty much all transactions were done in $USD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
Funny, now that I remember it, my first Ebay transactions were back in 2004-ish, and I used to just send the seller a personal check. I would always stick a handwritten note on fun paper, too...talk about antiquated! Not so much that I didn't trust the security of PP as much as the fact that I've always been a bit fearful of doing things that are new or outside my element (to this day I don't know how to use a bank drive-through!). I was bartending way through college back then, and made most of my money in cash; I don't think I even had an ATM or debit card, and I knew I couldn't figure out how to link my bank account to this 'new PayPal thing'. A kind Ebay seller I frequently bought from convinced me how easy it was (she was probably sick of going to the bank to cash a check every time I bought something from her!) and I never looked back. Sorry for going off topic a bit.

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2020, 02:05:30 AM »
I got Sugarberry, I love the design (in my top 10)...but I put her in the shelf right other side off my bed, and now that I look at her a lot, her pose looks so, so bad! :(
Almost Moondancer-bad. Why.

Offline Queen Sophie

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2020, 06:29:05 PM »
When looking for ponies online I try to get hair that doesn’t need rerooted. Now I normally love taking ponies that are dirty and really need tlc and fixing them up, but with rerooting I can do it but money wise I have to be careful! So sadly I have some ponies with no hair!

I also have frustration with trying to whiten my Peru ponies Starshine and Confetti, I tried hydrogen peroxide soak but it doesn’t seem to be working that well. I’m worried about sun fading cause I heard stories where it could burn the pony and it would just look worse.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal