collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony frustrations  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Pony frustrations
« on: October 24, 2020, 12:03:36 PM »
What are some pony things that have been frustrating you lately?

I've been trying to separate the colors of Bouquet's tail since I hate the color they mix together as. It's going soooo slooowly.

Also the fact that there's no way to replicate Twinkle Eye shine.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:27:05 AM by Safflower »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Pony frustrations
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
well there is something that frustrates me and looks kind of stupid!  it's my ponies' hair because I can never fix them! :blush:

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
I miss watching new content! I stopped watching Pony Life because I do not enjoy it. I really want G5 to start.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 02:54:27 PM »
The crazy amount of glue in G3 heads :shakefist:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 03:11:30 PM »
My current frustration is trying to find Aurora Mist. I'd have better luck seeking out hen's teeth at this rate!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
My current frustration is trying to find Aurora Mist. I'd have better luck seeking out hen's teeth at this rate!

I had to import her :/ She was worth it tho! Good luck!

My frustration.
Why will my website not revamp itself?
Seriously, you guys have no idea how many G1 ponies there actually are unless you have had to write/code a page that connects to other pages for every single one of them...

Sometimes I am inspired, sometimes I really don't want to go near it xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 07:31:29 PM »
-Finding G1s that seem to have been dunked in buckets of ink, sharpie, and highlighter ink.
-Curled hair that does not stay curled.
-Poses that are wobbly/don't stand perfectly still.

:enraged:

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »
Being unable to find Pony Life batch 2 blind bottle ponies online, preferably opened since I really just want the translucent balloon ones.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
Glued heads. WHY??? Even as a youngster I'd always loosen heads or get Dad to. It let the Ponies be more dynamic & they could see all sorts of things. Now I get the B&G heads, & maybe the D&P heads, as the former are part of the mechanism, while the latter are right next to it. But for a common or garden Pony, what's wrong with allowing her/his head to turn???

On the subject of heads, need I say G2 lowering head mechanism??? Didn't think so...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 09:31:11 PM »
My current frustration is my own inability to set limits on myself! I often dream of the perfectly curated pony collection, only the absolute best on display in a way that is charming, yet simple. But then here I am adding new pony after pony to my wishlist with no end in sight!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 06:20:55 AM »
Cut forelocks. Why, why, why did so many kids do this to their ponies? It's my biggest pet peeve, and I won't display a pony with a cut forelock. It's a flaw that I think sellers should disclose openly. It's been a big frustration several times when a pony has arrived with a cut forelock and the seller had artfully styled the hair in the photos so that it was not visible.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 08:18:26 AM »
-Finding G1s that seem to have been dunked in buckets of ink, sharpie, and highlighter ink.

Oof, all of these too  >_< Whatever I try, my Pina Colada does not want to stand.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »

Oof, all of these too  >_< Whatever I try, my Pina Colada does not want to stand.

Tried a pen between the front and back legs?
That usually works for me when they want to topple.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 09:09:01 AM »

Tried a pen between the front and back legs?
That usually works for me when they want to topple.
That and boiling water. I should probably try leaving her for longer, though.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 01:31:50 PM »
Cut forelocks. Why, why, why did so many kids do this to their ponies? It's my biggest pet peeve, and I won't display a pony with a cut forelock. It's a flaw that I think sellers should disclose openly. It's been a big frustration several times when a pony has arrived with a cut forelock and the seller had artfully styled the hair in the photos so that it was not visible.
My G3.5 Rainbow Dash's mom (why didn't they name them?) came from a thrift store. I spent a bit more than I wanted to since she and her baby were in separate bags. I only noticed when I got "home" (on vacation in home state, staying with relative) that her bangs were gone! And then I discovered that only the outside of her mane is rooted, and she needs the ponytail to cover the bald spot! So that was fun.

In general, G3.5s frustrate me. Don't get me wrong, the toys are great, but they could have been SO much better! Perhaps I'm biased because it's my favorite art style(!), but the toys have so many nitpicky little flaws.

Why do the mom ponies have different eyes (and no names)? Why don't the Newborn Cuties have tails (that goes for G3 too)?
Why don't the ponies have more hair? I mean, they have THICK manes, but only Cheerilee has a full head of hair like the artwork, and the tails are SUPER thin, especially compared to the voluminous ones seen in the artwork. The closest I can get is by using an elastic at the base.
Why aren't they sized correctly? Rainbow Dash's body is only marginally larger than Pinkie's/Scoots' (and yes, it is a different mold. Don't believe me? Ask a set of G1 Ponywear shoes.) and only Sweetie is significantly smaller, which makes her look so out of place. Speaking of Sweetie Belle, her head mold is... bad. She has her angles, but... ick. Perhaps I resent her since mine wasn't the one in the picture on eBay and had significant symbol rubs? Almost all of the molds are in the same pose, as well, which there should be no excuse for since there are so many (Cheer/Toola is the exception, but there's Dash, Pinkie/Scoots, the moms, StarSong, and Sweetie).
The eyes don't match the artwork and kind of give them the appearance of constantly screaming. At Toy Fair, they had ponies with artwork-style eyes that were clearly a work in progress. They pointed away from each other and had thin eyeliner and something else about them that made them look dead, but other than that they looked fine... alright, that's a stretch, but they could have easily reworked them.
And they are prone to head/body mismatch since they're made of two different materials. And then there's the complaint that they don't have Cutie Marks on both sides, but... that was the norm by then.
And almost all of the plushies have those faux fur manes, which make them look pretty silly compared to the artwork.

Getting away from the toys, Twinkle Wish Adventure was the peak of G3 writing. Don't get me wrong, G4 was better, but it's a shame there wasn't more animation for G3.5...
Except for the series nobody seems to know the name of, Once Upon a My Little Pony Time! It's... not the best. At all. But its distribution method makes it hard to find, which makes it difficult to answer a question I have...
You see, there's two versions of the episode Over Two Rainbows. One is an early version which lacks lip-synching, sound effects, some backgrounds, etc. and has a G3 logo, and one which has a G3.5 logo and is on par with the other episode. Where did the early version come from? Did all of the DVDs have the finished episode? Why didn't they get better voice actors? It drives me crazy whenever I think of it.
(And yes, I know about the webisodes, that was just a good transition)

Well, that's enough ranting about the least popular generation. How about lost media? Don't get me started on that, though...
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal