collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: how did you start collecting?  (Read 1182 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: how did you start collecting?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 08:01:13 AM »
I bought a Fizzy on eBay in summer of 2019 because she was my second favorite pony in the cartoon and I couldn't find a Wind Whistler in a good condition at the time.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • McDonald's Pony
  • I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 10:35:45 AM »
So I guess I collected the fully-plastic G3.5 seaponies (mer-ponies?) when I was about...well they came out in 2010 so I must've been 6.
While I always liked playing with the real and fake ponies I had, I never really had the urge to collect regular G3s at the time (oof)  but after getting the underwater castle playset that came with a Pinkie Pie (probably for my birthday) I just really wanted to get the rest of the mer-ponies. A friend gave me a chewed-up seapony Cheerilee but it was better than the cardboard cutout of Cheerilee I was using, heh.
That Hanukkah my parents ended up getting me two other sets with them so I had Sweetie Belle, Star Song, Toola-Roola, a new Cheerilee, a Scootaloo, and another Pinkie. I was ecstatic! Played with them a lot. I was never able to get a hold of Rainbow Dash tho, it's the bane of my existence...
...anyway, during the super early years of FiM my little sister was given some ponies but she would maybe run around with it for a day, lose it, and then forget about it. We would willingly get pony merch and storybooks sometimes, but not ponies themselves, we just weren't all that interested, I guess we just liked the show and that's it, lol. But then around 2013, we both discovered these YouTube channels where people would film little series and stories with their ponies. MLPStopMotion was our favorite and the channel that made us want to collect ponies. We went to Toys R Us with my $40 dollar savings and bought some ponies (Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Princess Celestia, probably more I don't remember). We also eventually found the ones my sister lost around the house (Mrs. Cake, Twirly Treats, Flitterheart, talking Princess Celestia, and a 12-pack of minis.) We played with them a lot. Been collecting G4 ever since, and I really want to start collecting the previous gens too!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:37:07 PM by yourpinkoverlord »

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 11:57:39 AM »
In the 80s I had some (five, exactly) but they weren't my favorite toy. It wasn't until after I'd learned about custom ponies and found this site that I started collecting them. Wigwam was my first purchase as a collector. I got him because I didn't know there were boy ponies until I learned about it here plus he's orange, my favorite color :)

Now I have two pony collections: about 65 customs and 45 orange Hasbro ponies, all gens :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 01:37:12 PM »
I really liked MLP as a kid. I started collecting when I found some G1s at an antique mall and thought they were cool, and from there I found the online world of collecting (including this site!)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 05:30:15 PM »
I got into MLP in summer 2011, when I was 14, I believe (almost was 15, my birthday's in August). I got into by watching FiM, only the first season was out at the time. I enjoyed it, so I wanted to start getting its toys. It didn't take very long for me to expand from just collecting G4 to collecting every generation. Now my focus is much more on the toys than on FiM, even though it is how I got into it.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal