collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what do i do to restore my ponies' hair?  (Read 824 times)

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
what do i do to restore my ponies' hair?
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »
hi guys, i'm new to the forum and there's one thing i try to do since the beginning of the year is to restore my ponies' hair!  one of my rarity g4 and my pinkie pie g3 have horrible hair!  I've tried to restore several times with methods I saw on YouTube!  there are some other ponies that need a “moisturizing” too as the hair is more or less bad!  I've tried everything!  Creams, shampoos for babies among other things!  can someone who restores hair and ponies a long time ago help me?  Grateful for the help!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: what do i do to restore my ponies' hair?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 04:55:52 PM »
If you can post pictures or describe what about the hair needs fixing, we may be able to give more relevant tips.
Here's my basicest of basic hair stuff: I'll wet it. I'll use either conditioner (applied directly to the hair) or fabric softener mixed with water (pour a cup of water, and then add enough softener to make the mixture cloudy). I used to use a baby comb but now I use a plastic barbie brush, and I'll slowly work my way from tip to root. Rinse out the hair and set up the hair how you'd like it to dry. I just let my ponies air-dry overnight.
For frizz, you'll need lotion and a hair straightener or curler. I follow DerpyDerp's method basically: Lotion the hair, comb out sections at a time, and use the hair implement on small sections. Patience, caution, and keeping the hair slick and wet will help.
I've not yet seen a head of hair I couldn't fight. I was able to tame back a G3 Romperooni's matted mane to something that actually resembles hair.
For your "bad" hair ponies, a simple condition or soften should work just fine.  ^.^ Lots of secondhand ponies I get just need a quick wash.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:23:35 PM »
Seconding the suggestion to flat iron frizzy hair, using lots of conditioner or lotion.  You will be amazed at the results!  Just make sure your iron isn't over 200F and that you keep the hair *very* moist while you're straightening it.

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
I am looking into trying to restore the hair on some G4 ponies I recently got. I saw a video on YouTube that suggested water mixed with liquid fabric softener for pony hair. They said since shampoo and conditioner only really works good on human hair in their opinion, that the fabric softener is a good option for pony hair that is frizzy. I haven’t tried it yet but I plan to.  I think the video was posted by Alice LPS on YouTube if you are interested.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
I am looking into trying to restore the hair on some G4 ponies I recently got. I saw a video on YouTube that suggested water mixed with liquid fabric softener for pony hair. They said since shampoo and conditioner only really works good on human hair in their opinion, that the fabric softener is a good option for pony hair that is frizzy. I haven’t tried it yet but I plan to.  I think the video was posted by Alice LPS on YouTube if you are interested.
I'm gonnnnna actually fight her back on this statement. I did start using fabric softener because of the video but only because it's cheaper. Conditioner works just as well, and I don't suggest brushing the hair completely dry like she does. This can cause a lot of stretching of the plastic and it'll get more frizzy over time and repeated brushings.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »

I'm gonnnnna actually fight her back on this statement. I did start using fabric softener because of the video but only because it's cheaper. Conditioner works just as well, and I don't suggest brushing the hair completely dry like she does. This can cause a lot of stretching of the plastic and it'll get more frizzy over time and repeated brushings.

I think I may go ahead and try out some of my conditioner I’ve got to see how it works then,I’ve got a few. I’m a noob when it comes to figuring out how to fix pony hair  :lol: but I saw that video and had never heard of using the fabric softener before. I’ll definitely take your advice too on the brushing ,I didn’t even think about that. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:25:44 PM by eveningstar79 »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »
My routine is: wash hair with baby shampoo to remove dirt. Condition with White Rain Apple Blossom conditioner and comb through, starting with the ends, using a metal dog-grooming comb (mine is double-sided; if the hair is really bad, I start with the wide-toothed end and finish with the fine-toothed side). Rinse. Soak in a fabric softener/water solution, longer for worse hair. Rinse, leave wet and slather with the White Rain conditioner. Using very tiny sections at a time, run the curling iron through as shown in the derpyderp video. Rinse the conditioner out, comb out again with the fine comb, and style, either curling around crayons or something of a similar width and wrapping in paper towel strips for curls, or wrapping mane around the pony's neck and securing with paper towel strip for straight mane, wrap tail around pony's leg and secure with paper towel for lightly curled tail. Works to make most ponies look like new; makes all ponies at least look better. I've only had 2 or 3 with hair I just couldn't tame into submission.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal