collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is your favorite G1 playset pony?

Lemon Drop
Peachy
Sprinkles
Cascade
Majesty
Baby Tiddly Winks
Scoops
Fifi
Baby Half-Note

Author Topic: Favorite Playset Pony  (Read 3043 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Playset Pony
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 06:30:19 AM »

I'm guessing you had the same set as me.  White cat?

Nope, the cat was orange. But I did remember though, I think I ordered the parlor through one of those mail orders that came in other pony boxes...maybe that had something to do with why it didn't come with a pony?

That's annoying they didn't send you the strap. I never realized that basket was supposed to be for the cat...I always just thought it was for carrying groceries or something. Why it never occurred to me that ponies eat hay and don't need groceries, I have no idea!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »
I'm guessing you had the same set as me.  White cat?
Nope, the cat was orange. But I did remember though, I think I ordered the parlor through one of those mail orders that came in other pony boxes...maybe that had something to do with why it didn't come with a pony?
Wow, I guess my mystery was solved but for you the mystery continues!  Yeah, maybe it was because it was the mail order!?  Or maybe at this point Hasbro was just like "throw some stuff in a box with this playset base and hope for the best."  That could explain my missing strap, too, I guess.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »
I
Wow, I guess my mystery was solved but for you the mystery continues!  Yeah, maybe it was because it was the mail order!?  Or maybe at this point Hasbro was just like "throw some stuff in a box with this playset base and hope for the best."  That could explain my missing strap, too, I guess.

It's driving me nuts now! I tried looking it up on the wiki site to see if it showed what the mail order one came with but it didn't.

In all honesty though, it was probably for the best that it didn't come with a pony; my sisters and I pooled our meager funds together to buy it (it was only like $6!), and we probably would have fought over who got to have the pony, haha.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2020, 08:00:58 AM »
I have some of the US MO inserts.

On the 1985 insert it says the following..

"The PRETTY PARLOR sure gets busy on Saturdays!

Every Saturday, rain or shine, all the Ponies love to go to their Pretty Parlor! It comes complete with ribbons, a brush, floral bouquet, bridle, saddle, hats and a Pony basket! (Pony not included)...only $6 plus 3 horseshoe points."

So there you are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »
I have some of the US MO inserts.

On the 1985 insert it says the following..

"The PRETTY PARLOR sure gets busy on Saturdays!

Every Saturday, rain or shine, all the Ponies love to go to their Pretty Parlor! It comes complete with ribbons, a brush, floral bouquet, bridle, saddle, hats and a Pony basket! (Pony not included)...only $6 plus 3 horseshoe points."

So there you are.

Ah. Another mystery solved. Thank you! I probably have one of those inserts laying around...I'm not sure why I didn't think to check it.

I am fairly impressed with myself that I remembered that it was $6...a dim beacon burning in the distance assuring me that my mind isn't completely fried yet :P

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »
As a kid I had, from new, Peachy, Majesty & Cascade. (Oh and Confetti in her wedding gown.)

I loved them all but Majesty was a unicorn, a queen and had a castle & dragon! Her playset was my main playset, I followed her stories in the mlp uk comics, so I chose her as my "favourite" even though I loved all of them!  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2020, 03:50:11 PM »
Cascade. I wish we'd had her here in the U.S.

Me too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »
I voted for Lemon Drop since she was one of the first playset ponies I got as a child, but to be honest I probably played with Sprinkles the most now that I think of it lol. So maybe a tie between those two. ^.^

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
Cascade. I wish we'd had her here in the U.S.

Me too.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't really register that she existed even though she was sold here. She was only out in 1985, she was never in the comics, and I thought as a kid that Sprinkles and the waterfall was the only release. She was in the factfile but I didn't know who she was...along with Minty, Bluebelle, Butterscotch and Snuzzle, who were also obscure non-comic ponies released when I was too small to see them or own them. ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 02:13:00 AM »
 She was in the factfile but I didn't know who she was...along with Minty, Bluebelle, Butterscotch and Snuzzle, who were also obscure non-comic ponies released when I was too small to see them or own them. ;)

I was around and aware at the time they were sold - FWIW I was always puzzled about Snuzzle, a friend of mine had her (somehow) my friend also had Lemondrop & the showstable;

Snuzzle's namecard was in my (Peachy) Parlour set, yet I never saw Snuzzle for sale on her own backcard. In my mind I thought Peachy & Snuzzle were sisters due to sharing similar heart symbols.

I remember seeing the Parlour for sale in the Argos catalogue (I was so excited) and went to town with my babysitter to spend some of my birthday money on this "Argos Special" so maybe, I thought, Snuzzle is the official Parlour pony and that this Peachy version was an Argos-only special release. At least, that's what my childhood mind thought!

:lol:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2020, 05:14:34 AM »
And then of course in 1987 Hasbro sold the parlour with Snuzzle and made you correct!

Snuzzle was available with Baby Bow Tie's stroller in Argos for a couple of years. No idea what other methods of sale she might've had though. That one always strikes me as odd enough but I only have Argos evidence, nothing from Woolies or any other similar store from that period :/

The one that confused me was Minty, because in the fact file she was purple. When I first found her I was like...erm...what? Who? Where? How?

Cascade showed up at a carboot sale for me without her waterfall but I know I also picked up a bunch of inserts and other pony things in those years so when I saw her on the insert with the waterfall I was like...oh. Okay then. Not Sprinkles? Sister had Sprinkles but no Waterfall as a kid (she was second hand) so that confused me even more.

Then there was someone in a pony comic whose collection photo showed a waterfall, Sprinkles AND Cascade! I assume they bought one, it broke, they bought a replacement and the kid got a new pony out of it but that was also pretty muddling!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 03:38:45 PM »

Then there was someone in a pony comic whose collection photo showed a waterfall, Sprinkles AND Cascade! I assume they bought one, it broke, they bought a replacement and the kid got a new pony out of it but that was also pretty muddling!

Your detective skills impress me - looking at fan photos for evidence!  :devious: :worshippy:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 04:00:13 PM »

Your detective skills impress me - looking at fan photos for evidence!  :devious: :worshippy:

I thank you!

But I started doing pony ID stuffs in 1995 when Hasbro sent me their list, and then started trying to figure out all the gaps. I was 13 then :) I'm 38 now. It's burned into me over the last 25 years!

I always loved looking at the photos in the comics, at ponies I didn't have, though. There's one particular photo in comic 200 that I'm sure caught the eye of a lot of kids because it's full of ponies we didn't have here. I remember staring at it a lot as a kid wondering what the heck those stripy ponies were and the ones with sodas.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2020, 01:45:32 PM »
Ah, I started buying the comics from the very beginning (along with Jem and Care Bears) but my interest faded by the time I passed 100, so I didn't get to see those exotic stripy and soda ponies!

One of the earlier UK MLP comics had a competition (and the prize - I can't remember, perhaps a playset?) the task was to send in a picture of the ponies having a party "a splendiferous affair" if I can remember the wording they used?

I think it needed to involve Majesty or the Dream Castle (again, I cannot remember) but I ended up doing a very detailed picture (it looked a bit like Leonardo da Vinci's  The Last Supper) and liked it so much that I never sent it off  :lol:

I archived all my comics away but they are *somewhere* in boxes at my folks' house so I cannot check.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal