collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is your favorite G1 playset pony?

Lemon Drop
Peachy
Sprinkles
Cascade
Majesty
Baby Tiddly Winks
Scoops
Fifi
Baby Half-Note

Author Topic: Favorite Playset Pony  (Read 3042 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Playset Pony
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
Majesty because she was so badass in the comics. Lemon Drop would probably be a close second because she's cute.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »
Baby Tiddly Winks because I'm in a baby pony mood.

I also really like Lemon Drop.  Peachy is sweet too.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 01:07:50 PM »
I voted for Peachy, as she was one of my childhood ponies and I have always loved her mellow design. :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 04:35:11 PM »
Thinking about this more, was the pretty parlor ever sold with Snuzzle?  I know I had her as a kid but I don't remember ever having Peachy - but I definitely remember getting the pretty parlor, brand new from a store in the late 80s or very early 90s.  If not, maybe I traded with a friend I guess.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 07:44:05 AM »
im gonna go with lemon drop and Majesty. I had the show stable when I was little. I loved playing with both. When I got the dream castle I had a blast playing with it.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 09:22:18 AM »
I think Cascade is fabulous!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 09:28:30 AM »
I also voted for Cascade, even if I don't have her (yet). I only owned two playset ponies as a child, Majesty and Peachy. I still have them (but not their playsets) and love them both for sentimental reasons, but strictly speaking from an aesthetical point of view, I prefer Cascade and her cute waterfall.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 10:13:08 AM »
Thinking about this more, was the pretty parlor ever sold with Snuzzle?  I know I had her as a kid but I don't remember ever having Peachy - but I definitely remember getting the pretty parlor, brand new from a store in the late 80s or very early 90s.  If not, maybe I traded with a friend I guess.
She wasn't sold with the "Pretty Parlor," but she WAS sold with the "Grooming Parlor," the UK version of the playset. This edition is thought to have been a way to get rid of excess Snuzzles. It predates the version with Kiss Curl (in the US, the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique) and was only a UK thing as far as I know...

My bet would be a trade, but perhaps some store bought and imported excess stock of Snuzzle's Grooming Parlor. Do you remember what the stickers said? That would answer which version you had. If it said "Pretty Parlor," you got Peachy, unless there was some mix-up, but that's highly unlikely.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »
Cascade. I wish we'd had her here in the U.S.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »

She wasn't sold with the "Pretty Parlor," but she WAS sold with the "Grooming Parlor," the UK version of the playset. This edition is thought to have been a way to get rid of excess Snuzzles. It predates the version with Kiss Curl (in the US, the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique) and was only a UK thing as far as I know...

My bet would be a trade, but perhaps some store bought and imported excess stock of Snuzzle's Grooming Parlor. Do you remember what the stickers said? That would answer which version you had. If it said "Pretty Parlor," you got Peachy, unless there was some mix-up, but that's highly unlikely.

@MintyMyndi, have you been reading my website? I don't think any other online source includes that much detail on Snuzzle's parlour.

The distribution of Snuzzle's parlour is pretty limited, even here in the UK. I think it unlikely that it would've got to the US as excess stock, because as you say it seems to have been about getting rid of excess stock already. Both parlours and Snuzzles. Snuzzle has a few interesting sale pitches from 1985 to 1987, but they went to some trouble with the tags for the parlour and her sticker. In spite of that it is still basically Peachy's parlour.

To clarify, the blue Grooming Parlour is the Pretty Parlor. Kiss Curl's Grooming Parlour is the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique. The differences come with the ponies and the name tags, not the playset themselves (aside the back sticker, because of the name/etc change).

Grooming Parlour is just the UK name for the playset, rather than a different playset altogether (Peachy's parlour was also the Grooming Parlour here).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 03:31:25 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

@MintyMyndi, have you been reading my website? I don't think any other online source includes that much detail on Snuzzle's parlour.

The distribution of Snuzzle's parlour is pretty limited, even here in the UK. I think it unlikely that it would've got to the US as excess stock, because as you say it seems to have been about getting rid of excess stock already. Both parlours and Snuzzles. Snuzzle has a few interesting sale pitches from 1985 to 1987, but they went to some trouble with the tags for the parlour and her sticker. In spite of that it is still basically Peachy's parlour.

To clarify, the blue Grooming Parlour is the Pretty Parlor. Kiss Curl's Grooming Parlour is the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique. The differences come with the ponies and the name tags, not the playset themselves (aside the back sticker, because of the name/etc change).

Grooming Parlour is just the UK name for the playset, rather than a different playset altogether (Peachy's parlour was also the Grooming Parlour here).
You caught me! I love your site, and once every few months I read the whole dang thing the same way I'd binge watch the 1986 series or Tales. I just love seeing your opinions on the ponies, reading tidbits other sites tend to lack, and most of all enjoy the comic facts! Not gonna lie, I've been secretly fangirling every time we've interacted.

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot. If it happened at all, it definitely didn't happen on any considerable scale, maybe just one standalone store, if any. The very first thing I did was check to see where SunPony lived, and despite that not being consistent with Snuzzle's Parlor, my mind refuses to drop connections it finds unless it's proven that it is definitely not what happened. And "never happened" doesn't mean "can't happen." Yeah, I'm stubborn.

The possibility of an accidental Snuzzle with the "Pretty Parlor" outweighs a traveling "Grooming Parlour," but the trade/forgotten Peachy is the most likely. My mom had Baby Cotton Candy and didn't remember her, but she did remember her accessories (mainly the purple playpen and that the BABY necklace was nice to chew on :blink:), so that's something quite likely.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
Cookies! <3

Seriously, I'm glad it's of use to you. I am working on revamping it (slowly, in between my other projects), so that it is a bit more intuitive and includes some more stuff like backcards (since I am a bit nuts over those xD).

The thing is that there's not really any logic involved in most G1 pony stuff. So yeah, it's not absolutely impossible. I know people here who bought SS ponies new in stores, but we absolutely didn't have them officially. Just one store in one area imported some of them >< Who knows why. So I guess it can't be 100% ruled out, you're right. It's just such an obscure release even here. But you know. There are still things to be discovered. And maybe there were parlours in the US where they dumped in Snuzzles instead of Peachys but didn't change the box or make a big thing of it. I've never seen a Pretty Parlor box with Snuzzle on it, but that said, I have had Kitchens with all kinds of ponies inside...so...xD Who knows!

...It's funny what people remember. When I first got online trading and was after my childhood ponies MOC, I remember showing my Mum a picture of MOC Windy (my first pony). And she shook her head and said it was wrong. She insisted that it was a long vertical card and not a horizantal one. 2 or 3 years later some UK carded ponies appeared on Ebay and the moment I saw them I KNEW that was what Mum had meant. She'd remembered all the way since 1984 that Windy was on a vertical card, and that's pretty cool. (I was not even 3 when I had Windy, so I'm really happy for her memories!)

Still looking for that MOC Windy though. May have to go raid Leikin's stash ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 04:37:07 AM »
Come to think of it, I don't think my Pretty Parlor came with a pony at all. I never had Peachy. I don't know if someone just forgot to put her in there or what, but I must not have been aware it was supposed to come with a pony, because if I realized I'd been gyped, I would have been quite indignant about it as a kid!

I always grew up thinking Peachy was just one of the original collector ponies.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2020, 05:07:52 AM »
Okay I think I've solved it - I must have had the brush me beautiful boutique instead of the pretty parlor (they are literally the same, why did they change the name???).  Because I know I had a white cat.  It looks like that version didn't come with a pony at all.  I must have gotten Snuzzle in some other way.

What I remember most about my set was that it was missing the strap for the cat basket, rendering one of the coolest aspects useless.  My mom helped me write a letter to Hasbro asking for a replacement, but all they sent me was some random ribbons and a pony blanket.  I was so put out.

Come to think of it, I don't think my Pretty Parlor came with a pony at all. I never had Peachy. I don't know if someone just forgot to put her in there or what

I'm guessing you had the same set as me.  White cat?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2020, 05:14:21 AM »
Brush me Beautiful Boutique is purple and teal, though. Not white and blue :)

It came with a pony in Europe/UK (Kiss Curl, hence why here it is also under the name Grooming Parlour) but it didn't have a pony in the US/Canada. So it might be that you're remembering, but the colours were different from the original release.

It does have a white cat though. (Catnip in the US, Snowball in the UK)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal