collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check: baby lemon drop, baby bow tie & others  (Read 853 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Price check: baby lemon drop, baby bow tie & others
« on: October 20, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »
Before I confirm a purchase with someone I need to verify prices. I did not realize that my offers were being written and sent in a foreign currency. Typically it shows me what I'm offering in USD (my currency) and then it converts it on their end, but for whatever reason it didn't do it this time. So all of my offers were quite a bit more than what I was thinking I was actually offering. I hate to back out but this was a glitch on the site because I have never had it show me another country's currency before. I feel that the prices are still pretty good but I just want to be 100% sure before I spend so much money and then find out I not only didn't get a good deal, but on top of that I spent more than I should have.

All ponies are in good and display worthy condition. No major flaws to note. Doesn't even look like there are any minor flaws to worry about either. A couple of them are still in their sealed bags.

G1 mermaid pony, pink
G1 baby Lemon Drop
G1 baby Bow Tie
G1 baby Blue Ribbon
G1 sweetheart sister Goldilocks
G1 mail order exclusive, Li'l Tot in sealed bag
G1 baby Cuddles in sealed bag

I am NOT looking for the lowest and highest they have sold. I need to know what is a fair price for them. I don't mind if you give me a set number or if you give me a price range.

Also please include TWO DIFFERENT PRICES if possible:
one price stating what they would be worth by themselves if bought individually, and also a second price of what would be a fair price if I were buying them altogether as a lot

Even if you are not sure on a price for all of them, even just one or some of them would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Price check: baby lemon drop, baby bow tie & others
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »
This site can be a bit outdated, but I think is a good guide in general.
I'm not sure about the MIP ones, but I hope someone else can chime in. I'd hand-wavingly say $20 for most of them but the babies not released in the US a bit higher because they weren't released here. Mermaid pony also gets you a bit more. I think prices are a bit high lately too.
Prices in a lot are subjective usually? Not really any hard and fast stuff for that, depends on how many ponies are in there that you don't value I think...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 01:08:33 AM »
I am not so good with pricing, but I have sold Baby Bow Tie and Baby Lemon Drop both many times for in the $15-20 price range.

On the currency aspect, I assume we're talking either Euros or GB£ (but maybe $CDN/$AUS?), so make sure you factor in shipping cost as well when you're working out the budget. That quote may also be in another currency.

On a wider note, I don't think it hurts to deal in other currencies than your own. It takes some of the pressure off international sellers when they aren't always having to convert to $USD (bearing in mind the exchange rate fluctuates and the price you agree can change from what you agreed for them too if they're accepting a foreign currency.) It may be worth having a frank discussion with them about this if you're unsure.

Our exchange rate has been horrible in the last few years thanks to Brexit uncertainty).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »
The shipping I already know the price of so that isn't a concern, but unfortunately whatever currency it was, in USD it's basically $10+ what I entered in.

I feel awful about it because the way the site works is when you make an offer, once it's accepted you're basically promising to buy it. It's almost like bidding and winning an auction in a way. Like eBay pretty much.

It has always shown me everything in USD, and for some reason this time it didn't. It tells me when I'm purchasing out of country and it even tells me that my money will be converted to whatever, but it doesn't actually show me what the numbers are for them.

For most of them I'm looking at double their worth and the others are just a few dollars short of being double their worth.

I still don't know if the price is good on the ones still in their package though, but they already combined everything into one shipment so I couldn't even just buy some and not the others at this point. Which I feel would still be really rude to do.

But the total for everything is basically around $80 more than what I thought I was agreeing to.

I feel so bad and I don't know what to do. Well, I know what I need to do - which is I need to apologize and cancel the order, because I'm not in a place where I can throw away money and that's basically what I would be doing since I would be paying well over their worth. and it's really not that so much as the fact that I'm $80 over what I thought I was agreeing to. A few dollars or even maybe $20 more wouldn't be a big deal, but an extra nearly $100 is a lot of money. Haha thinking about it in the sense of ponies, I could easily get a dozen ponies for that amount  :P

But are more serious note...
Blahhhh :huh:

Post Merge: October 21, 2020, 02:33:27 PM

I am not so good with pricing, but I have sold Baby Bow Tie and Baby Lemon Drop both many times for in the $15-20 price range.

On the currency aspect, I assume we're talking either Euros or GB£ (but maybe $CDN/$AUS?), so make sure you factor in shipping cost as well when you're working out the budget. That quote may also be in another currency.

On a wider note, I don't think it hurts to deal in other currencies than your own. It takes some of the pressure off international sellers when they aren't always having to convert to $USD (bearing in mind the exchange rate fluctuates and the price you agree can change from what you agreed for them too if they're accepting a foreign currency.) It may be worth having a frank discussion with them about this if you're unsure.

Our exchange rate has been horrible in the last few years thanks to Brexit uncertainty).

And they aren't having to convert anything. It's already done for them through the site so it doesn't matter what currency I'm entering in because it will swap it to whatever currency they selected that they are interested in.
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »
I think maybe you should let the seller know what happened - that the site didn't convert your offer into their currency like it was supposed to do and therefore the offer price they received is actually not what you offered. I think that's a perfectly fair thing to do. You have no fault in that. Maybe even contact the site support for help? It's not fair you have to pay a lot more because of a glitch on the site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal