collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 20 questions for collectors!  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: 20 questions for collectors!
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2020, 03:07:34 AM »
1. What got you into collecting MLP?
A friend of mine had discovered toy customising and collecting and made some G1 pony customs - I found them amazing and was instantly intrigued by the idea! It was also her who notified me about the existence of G3 ponies which was the current generation at the time (2005). I fell in love with them, too.

2. Did you like MLP as a child?
Yes, although I guess Barbies were what I mostly played with. But I loved all horse toys, MLP included. I didn't have that many ponies - me and my little sister both had a couple of ponies and some shared ones, around ten ponies altogether.

3. What generations do you collect?
G1 and G3 mostly, I also have a small collection of G4. Will pick up G2 if I find them in the wild.

4. Who is your favorite pony?
G1: Gusty, Butterscotch, Fizzy
G3: all bright coloured ponies (e.g. Dream Drifter, Kiwi Tart), unicorns (Whistle Wishes, Sunrise Song), and Rainbow Dash
G4: Granny Smith, Big Mac (character), Dewdrop Dazzle (toy) 

5. Who was your first pony?
Sports-Time or Pony Bride (not sure which of them came first)

6. Who was the last pony you got?
Xandle, custom by Roogna; G2 Baby Wiggles (flea market find)

7. What is your favorite generation?
G1

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)
I love backcard art (esp. G1) but I don't collect them or anything. I've never been that much into media in my collector years but I do enjoy FiM, esp. the first seasons. As a child I loved both MLP the Movie and the Tales.

9. What is your favorite pose?
G1: Fizzy pose (unicorn), Sugarberry pose or shy Bowtie pose (earth), Surprise pose (pegasus)
G3: Sunny Daze pose, Seaspray pose, January Carnation pose

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one?
Yes! Collecting and customising (+ art/creativity) have both been equally important parts of my MLP hobby. My collection has some 50 custom ponies made by myself and other artists (I love custom swaps!). As a customiser I'v never been hugely productive so during the past 15 years I've only made some 70 customs.

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest?
G1 Bowtie plush, and I have one G3 styling pony in my bait box... Smallest would be the petite ponies, or perhaps the tiny little Cranberry Muffins sculpture I made. :D

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection?
Around 300 counting everything, even customs and petites + blind bags.

13. How is your collection displayed?
I have two glass cabinets and some sit on my bookshelf.

14. What is your least favorite pose?
G1: Probably some of the more unique ones... e.g. BBE or DnW babies. But among the standard adult poses, I guess Glory or Moondancer would be least favourite? I don't really like the unnatural Quackers pose either although I love some of the ponies in this pose.
G3: Daffidazey pose + all babies

15. What is your dream collection like?
A beautifully displayed one, I guess! I'd love to have most of the European G1 ponies since those are the ponies from my childhood, but some of them may be too expensive.

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)?
I can't remember. I've only bought a couple of lots during my collecting years.

17. What is your favorite part about collecting?
Nostalgia, and being part of the wonderful community!

18. What is your favorite pony website?
Why, the Arena of course  :P

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand?
Cancer, regrind, bite marks, pen marks

20. How complete is your collection?
Hmm I don't know, I don't really have any concrete goals! I usually try to focus on a limited number of sets at a time and I do have quite a few incomplete ones. So I'm definitely a set completionist, but a complete US collection, for example, has never been one of my goals. I'm more than happy to leave out sets that don't appeal to me, or acquire individual ponies that spark my interest (including nirvana, if I can afford them). And I keep falling in love with new things so who knows. I might start collecting G2 at some point. :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
Re: 20 questions for collectors!
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2020, 08:31:41 PM »
1. What got you into collecting MLP?
 I watched mlp fim and I like looking at the history and fell in love with the vintage ponies! It really grew on me and that’s when I started collecting!

2. Did you like MLP as a child?
Yes! G3 is my generation! (And a little of g2 since I played the pc game as young kid) and if you want to count g4 I watched since I was 12

3. What generations do you collect?
G1, g2, and g3! I do have a few G4’s some were gifts some I bought myself cause I thought why not?

4. Who is your favorite pony?
Princess Luna (she’s my spirit animal!), Majesty, TAF Yum Yum, Love Melody, Pony Bride, Silver Swirl, Silver Glow and Crystal Crown!

5. Who was your first pony?
Can’t remember g3 wise, g4 it was a Christmas gift it had Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Princess Celestia. G1 Pony Bride and g2 Silver Swirl

6. Who was the last pony you got?
Morning Glory, Baby Heart Throb, and Baby Ribbon

7. What is your favorite generation?
Since g3 is my first generation and had me like ponies then it’s g3!

8. What is your favorite piece of media? (Any of the shows, comics, back cards, etc)
I like mlp fim and I like looking at the 80’s mlp commercials!

9. What is your favorite pose?
G1 Mimic pose, Glory pose, and Dancing Butterflies pose, g2 Unicorn pose, g3 Gem Blossom pose, Valenshy pose, and Sweetie Belle pose!

10. Do you own any customs / have you made one?
Yes! I bought a scary pony for Halloween last year from Etsy and her name is Bloody Clue! And no I have not!

11. Who is your biggest pony? Smallest?
Biggest Styling Pinkie Pie and smallest Milkweed!

12. How many ponies do you have in your collection?
One day I’ll count them but right now I rather not haha, I think a have quite a bit where people told me I have a lot but I say it’s nothing compared to other’s collections! (But I will one day get there!)

13. How is your collection displayed?
Some on a book case selves, some under my alter my grandfather made, and others that need some work but I don’t have any room to put them! (I need to get the carry case for them)

14. What is your least favorite pose?
Secret Surprise pose cause her head looks odd

15. What is your dream collection like?
A room dedicated to ponies with lots of shelves and display cabinets, with lots of ponies and lots of rare ones! (It’s rewarding to get rare ponies!)

16. What was your biggest pony purchase (in terms of how many items)?
Not sure, probably like 5 or 6 g1 ponies around $12 or $15

17. What is your favorite part about collecting?
I’m not sure if I can pick one! I love everything about it!

18. What is your favorite pony website?
Not sure, I usually stay on some sites and hop around other sites

19. What flaw(s) can you not stand?
Any flaws that I can’t fix, at least at the moment, I’m still learning how to fix up ponies in certain ways and if I can afford it (even if it’s cheap I’m still cautious on my money)

20. How complete is your collection?
Far from complete! I want to collet ponies forever!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal