collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Custom Takara Fakies?  (Read 781 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Custom Takara Fakies?
« on: October 17, 2020, 09:48:01 PM »
I was looking to get a Takara fakie or two and make a custom out of it, but was wondering if anyone went through this process already? If you have, post them below! I just wanted to know if the material of Takaras are different (mind you, I do not currently own a Takara fakie so I do not know).
Love to hear your feedback!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Takara Fakies?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »
*u*

To my knowledge, I don’t know of anyone who have made Takara customs. (I make them, but out of clay) Are you talking about using a fakie to mass produce customs, like HQG1C’s? Or personal customs?
There seems to be an eBay listing for a fakie that is relatively decently priced for a Takara fakie, if you wanna start there.
https://www.ebay.com/i/202634305516?chn=ps
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:21:17 AM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »
I think there's an Etsy shop that makes resin customs of them!  And another shop (or maybe the same one?) that makes little mini necklaces of them.  Not sure what the necklaces are made out of, maybe clay?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 02:18:40 AM »
the necklaces are 3dprinted, as far as i know? both shops are nice to order from. ^^
not sure if that counts as a custom, i made alternate rehairs once: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Pyir-o69E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
also, you can make your own crochet takaras if you use the pattern from shadowonthamoon on etsy :D  ( i worked with her on it, it also includes sea takaras! )
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 05:53:05 AM »
I've rehaired a takara fakie, if that's what you mean. I had a blue one, and I took a spare moonstone tail and it turned out cute.

Some of the neck plugs are slightly different, but all of them are pretty easy to pop off. The plastic is pretty typical, not too hard and has a gentle squish to them. It's been awhile, but the palau ones had the softest plastic, and I thought maybe were the ones to more likely rip when rehairing them. Some of them don't have a full set of hair. I can't remember if any had a double set of plugs, the ones I still own only have a single row.

If you are looking to recast, some of the different ones have air bubbles in the plastic. I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not.. since you'd just have to pick out one without an obvious hole.  And also if you are looking to recast, there are different sizes of them as well... like, lovely pets is the smallest one. I had a picture of lots of them in a row, but I guess I deleted. I have some other random comparisons.. :) I guess the point is some look better then others, and I feel like that's important in a recast.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52sheep/albums/72157631167832340
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:11:12 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 05:59:36 AM »
Are you talking about using a fakie to mass produce customs, like HQG1C’s? Or personal customs?

I was wanting to make customs of my ponysona in multiple different makes (G1-G4.5 with some fakies too!) So they would be full customs, changing the colors, rehairing and all.

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal