collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check G2 unicorn version of Golden Light/Glow ...  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Price Check G2 unicorn version of Golden Light/Glow ...
« on: October 17, 2020, 09:46:46 AM »
I have a G2 Golden Glow that is a unicorn. I saw a better condition (but not mint) of this selling for 70.00 on ebay. mine has bad symbols, some silver off the tip of its horn, a small eye chip (still has crystals, though!), and maybe dry hair (but not frizzy).

I FINALLY was hit by the idea for a pony persona, and for it I needed a yellow unicorn. I figured to make one of each generation. Would it be best to lay off Gen 2 unicorns in general unless its for restoration? Are they all too valuable?

Just as a side note: In July I bought Happy Glow for thirty-five dollars. Now she is worth $100.00? for real? On the one hand this is great, on the other...how am i gonna get the others?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Price Check G2 unicorn version of Golden Light/Glow ...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Golden Glow or Golden Light? As far as I am aware this is 2 different ponies...

Golden Glow is definitely one of the more sought after.

Hopefully a G2 expert will weigh in but I would assume most G2 unicorns are semi htf.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »
I would definitely not customize a G2 unicorn, they're just too rare.

My suggestion would be to find a regular Sky Skimmer (very common) and mold a horn for her.  :)  If you're mimicking G2 style then the horn will be painted anyway, so it won't be evident at all. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:48:22 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bathtub

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:40:23 PM »
Taffeta, I read on ebay and then My little pony wiki that the unicorn version of Golden Light was packaged as Golden Glow. (The seller on ebay gave it both names, including "Golden Light 2").

Yes, I am glad there is a Sky Skimmer...and she is a cool shade of yellow, which I actually prefer.

I have some pictures of the exact pony im taking about price checking, but I can't figure out how to upload the pictures.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:52:31 PM by Bathtub »

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 03:01:16 PM »
There are actually two releases of Golden Glow as a unicorn. One is far rarer, but both are pretty hard to find and expensive.

There are 5 unicorns with wings in the entire G2 line.  They were released in two separate sets. 

The first set of three was released in 2001 and had Copper Glow, Silver Glow, and the first unicorn Golden Glow(Golden Glow 1).
http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/2001goldenglow.html

All are very popular(particularly with their wings), and even loose can go for a good price. This release of Golden Glow’s paint tends to turn green, so ones with good paint command a hefty premium. 

The second set had only two ponies - Golden Glow 2 and Diamond Glow(a rerelease of Silver Swirl). 
http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/2002goldenglow.html

Released in 2002 when the line was well into decline, this is a rare pony.  Judging from your description(silver horn), it sounds like you have this version.  Diamond Glow is a bit more in demand, but both ponies from this set are very rare and very popular. 

Offline Bathtub

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 12:20:19 AM »
Thank you for clearing this up, it was confusing.

I will have to figure out how to upload pics and get a real price check....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:30:44 AM by Bathtub »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 01:14:30 AM »
Taffeta, I read on ebay and then My little pony wiki that the unicorn version of Golden Light was packaged as Golden Glow. (The seller on ebay gave it both names, including "Golden Light 2").

Yes, I am glad there is a Sky Skimmer...and she is a cool shade of yellow, which I actually prefer.

I have some pictures of the exact pony im taking about price checking, but I can't figure out how to upload the pictures.

Possibly. The names are confusing for me because I bought most of my G2s in France, and so am not so great on the English names, especially when they switch. Either way, goddessofpeep has taken care of the confusion :)

I am not sure how customising G2 is thought of in general, but because there are so many that are only available in Europe, and that includes all the unicorns, it's just better to do as LM suggested.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bathtub

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »
Everyone,

Please take out your Sherlock Holmes magnifying glasses and take a gander at what happened on ebay to G2 unicorns since about one day after this conversation.

Whoops.  :what:

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 07:01:01 AM »
I don´t think that it is that bad, they come with wings and combs!
Expensive yes, but not crazy..
And a lot of the G2 prices have gone up a lot, I mean.. Waterlily, Teddy and Honey for more than 200 euros :O
And other ponies who are listed for 80e euros each..

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:44 AM »
It’s not an actual price increase until it sells. I can put a BIN of $1000 on a Peachy with the feet chewed off, but that doesn’t make it worth that. 

Unless I’m missing some(and it’s possible with ebay’s terrible search engine), it looks like just one seller put up some crazy BINs.  The first set(Copper, Silver, Golden) are pretty darn high, but within the realm of possibility. Those are MOC prices, not loose, but the right impatient buyer might bite.  It is possible to find a buyer for those. Maybe. The Golden Glow 2...just no.  That’s Geek Ladybird or mint condition rare Piggy territory.  Even MOC, I can’t see it going for even half that.

It’s different when you get a buyer, or a couple of buyers, with deep pockets and a “whatever it takes” attitude cornering the market.  I’ve seen that happen to at least one sub-collection of pony items.  Crazy priced auctions don’t become a problem until they start to sell, or until other sellers jump on the bandwagon and all the BINs start to stay at those prices. 

Offline Bathtub

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 03:05:00 AM »
I don´t think that it is that bad, they come with wings and combs!

What would those mint unis be worth without the wings and combs, including Golden Glow II?

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »
Depends on which one. Silver, golden and copper glow €40-50 and golden II and diamond around €60-80. But then they have to be flawless. 100% mint.  At least, when I was selling and buying them a few years back. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal