collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
« on: October 07, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »
Let’s discuss ice cream! Who doesn’t love the stuff? Are you the type who likes to dip your spoon into more “childish” flavors, like Unicorn Swirl, Cotton Candy, Or Mermaid Sprinkle, or are you a more mature flavor type of person, and stick with simple vanilla bean or indulgent triple chocolates? Do you prefer any flavor, and think a “mature” and “immature” flavor of ice cream is all just a lie and every ice cream can be eaten by anyone? What are your favorite flavors?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:40:47 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »
Mmm my absolute fave is the bubble gum flavor with the little pieces of gum actually in the ice cream, so that would go on the "childish" end.  Second fave is either mint chocolate chip, or one we have locally with a vanilla base and semi-solid chocolate and peanut butter swirled in, love me some peanut butter!  But really...I'm all for almost ANY flavor as long as there aren't huge chunks of chocolate in it.

But...you didn't tell us YOUR faves!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 07:30:23 PM »
My favorite flavor is coffee. I'm still searching for the perfect coffee flavor. I also like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Neapolitan.

I think the cookie dough might be more childish? Maybe not, I don't know :lol: I know I'm an adult who will buy and eat cookie dough (yes, yes, it can make you sick, I know) and I couldn't do that as a child.

Coffee is definitely an adult flavor I think. My favorite used to be made by Starbucks, but they stopped making it years ago. I've been looking for an ice cream with the same strong kick in it but haven't found it yet.

Neapolitan is a flavor for everyone. The real question is, do you mix the stripes? (I do).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
yack I think coffee and prune are the worst ice cream flavours ever.  also licorice!  i only like it as chewy salty candy!

all other ice cream flavours are delicious and I will eat them all.  don't let me near an ice cream sundae buffet, it's kind of sick.  LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »
Mmm my absolute fave is the bubble gum flavor with the little pieces of gum actually in the ice cream, so that would go on the "childish" end.  Second fave is either mint chocolate chip, or one we have locally with a vanilla base and semi-solid chocolate and peanut butter swirled in, love me some peanut butter!  But really...I'm all for almost ANY flavor as long as there aren't huge chunks of chocolate in it.

But...you didn't tell us YOUR faves!
ohohohhoooo, good catch! For that, I’ll tell you my favorite flavor....it’s cookies n’ creme!!!

Bubble gum ice cream tends to taste a little too Pepto Bismol for me. Like, you can taste the pinkness. And that’s not good. Mint chip is close to my heart, though.

Post Merge: October 07, 2020, 08:47:54 PM

My favorite flavor is coffee. I'm still searching for the perfect coffee flavor. I also like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Neapolitan.

I think the cookie dough might be more childish? Maybe not, I don't know :lol: I know I'm an adult who will buy and eat cookie dough (yes, yes, it can make you sick, I know) and I couldn't do that as a child.

Coffee is definitely an adult flavor I think. My favorite used to be made by Starbucks, but they stopped making it years ago. I've been looking for an ice cream with the same strong kick in it but haven't found it yet.

Neapolitan is a flavor for everyone. The real question is, do you mix the stripes? (I do).
as an adult, I WILL eat all the raw Cookie dough and make sure they bury me in a raw cookie dough filled casket when I die of salmonella. Fight me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:47:54 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
Your poor souls stuck with ice cream when I've tried GELATO (the proper Italian stuff). My fave flavour of that is Latte Miele (milk & honey), but  I also love a classic vanilla, a scrummy honeycomb, & who doesn't love chocolate???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »
Coffee and mint chocolate chip are my favourite, perfect with chocolate syrup on top. A recent favourite of mine is Blue Bell Cookie Two Step and their brownie flavour... what is it called again? Cookie Two Step is cookies & cream mixed with cookie dough, and the brownie flavour has, well, bits of brownie in it.

I don't know if I have a least favourite flavour of ice cream. I guess anything nut or peanut related. I HATE peanut butter. No allergy, it's just nasty. My body reacts to it like it's a chemical or something, like a "no, that's not edible, don't eat that!" kind of response. XD The smell is enough to make me gag. People try to sneak it into desserts to try to get me to eat it but there's no hiding it! You can't cover up a smell that terrible!

Ice cream-adjacent, I love sorbet... I wish I had it more often... raspberry flavour!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 11:56:04 PM »
As Ponybookworm says, Gelato is amazing! When I was in Venice here was a late-opening gelato cafe near my hotel - the joy of a late-night gelato in a summer evening in Italy is an experience to behold!

I enjoyed sampling the following flavours: coconut, strawberry, salted caramel, cheesecake (wow!!!), pistachio, banana, cherry...

back in the UK, I have now settled for classic vanilla as my first choice BUT it has to be top quality, clotted-cream, real vanilla; I am then confident that any thing I have with it will taste good, be it chopped fresh strawberries, soft tinned pears or even a squirt of caramel sauce!

Supermarket icecream choices would be Kelly's Clotted Cream vanilla or any real-dairy vanilla. I am not too fussed over HaagenD or Ben&J or even Magnums. They are just OK.

Aldi do a 70 calorie caramel "fake" icecream lolly that is actually very nice too!

Of course, a classic Mr Whippy cornet from the icecream van is good too, I used to get the Oyster cases too but they are messy to eat. Costco UK sell cartons of the icecream liquid that is used in Mr Whippy style machines for those who have icecream makers at home.  :cool:

ETA:
side note - I understand that raw cookie dough has the chance of making you ill due to the issue of potential salmonella from the raw eggs used. Here in the UK we vaccinate our chickens against salmonella hence the use of raw egg is deemed safe (in that respect). Also why we Brits enjoy a runny yolk which seems to horrify those in the US!  :lol:

I heard that using the "slime" from a drained can of chickpeas is a usable substitute for raw egg, so maybe you can experiment making our own raw dough from that to eat?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 12:06:19 AM by glitterball »

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 03:21:41 AM »
My faves are usually simple fruit flavors. But, I love trying any weird seasonal flavors I come across. I had rose flavor once, it was awesome. And I don't actually like chocolate icecream or anything with crunchy bits! Chocolate inclusions are okay, as long as the base icecream is some other flavor. But nice, refreshing fruit is the best, lol!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 05:19:50 AM »
My favourite ice cream is from Granelli's, which is a small family-run business that's been going in Macclesfield since the late 19th century; their ice cream is made right there on site and their shop has a really cute, cozy retro kind of vibe. They have a mini museum with all the old ice cream carts and van from bygone eras as well! My favourite flavour is mint choc chip with raspberry sauce on it, as that was my go-to when I was a kid, but their rum & raisin, pistachio and blue aniseed are sublime as well. Mmmm.
I also like a bit of Ben and Jerry's (or Ken and Jenny's, as I've gotten into the habit of calling it, due to Barry Lewis!) but that's an occasional treat because it tends to vanish pretty quickly in this house! :lol: The phish food one is very nice, which is saying something as I don't normally like chocolate ice cream all that much.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 06:25:52 AM »
Also why we Brits enjoy a runny yolk which seems to horrify those in the US!  :lol:
People in the US certainly enjoy a good over-easy, sunny side up, or poached egg. I think the thought of drinking eggs without cooking them is what horrifies people in the US... Or nagging parents with their kids when making cookies. non-egg "edible cookie dough" products have been a trend for a few years now, and can be found at large grocery stores, small local joints, or even be delivered to your home.

Speaking of icecream though..
I'm making a trip to eat "vintage" icecream this month. :heart:  (https://webersvintageicecream.com/our-prized-machines )

Quite frankly, I enjoy the nuances all types of frozen desserts.. Be it ice cream, custard, froyo, or gelato.

If I had to choose one, it would just be a (hard?) scoop of high quality vanilla icecream.. in a fresh waffle cone. But I certainly have favorites from different places (carvel birthday cake flavor, crunch cone from DQ, grape from the local dairy farm, unicorn from the local custard place... etc, lol)... and I love trying anything "seasonal" or "limited".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:30:16 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 06:53:41 AM »
there is an Italian market only a few blocks from my house.  oh the gelato
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 11:10:58 AM »
Also why we Brits enjoy a runny yolk which seems to horrify those in the US!  :lol:
People in the US certainly enjoy a good over-easy, sunny side up, or poached egg. I think the thought of drinking eggs without cooking them is what horrifies people in the US...

Ah interesting to know!  :)  oh the joy of a runny yolk on a piece of buttered toast!

Have you ever heard of the East European delicacy "kogel mogel" - basically, raw egg whisked into a foam and sweetened with sugar - then eaten. My Granny used to make it for me when I was little. My friend's mum made a version by adding milk and honey, then freezing it to make her version of ice cream.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 11:17:33 AM »
Definitely mint chocolate chip or chocolate. Maybe neapolitan too!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »
I just buy storebought ice cream or sometimes at McDonald's or Burger King.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal