collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Festival of Licensing starts, but where my pony info at  (Read 4161 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Festival of Licensing starts, but where my pony info at
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:47:44 PM »
So the Festival of Licensing started today I believe (yes it's really called that lol) but I am having a hard time figuring out where to find the pony info.   If anyone finds a good source, please post the link or info here! <3
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Festival of Licensing starts, but where my pony info at
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »
Last I looked into it, I think we have to wait for October 20th for Hasbro's stuff. Maybe a few days after that. I checked *coughs up confetti* Daily and did find this, so here's a consolation prize.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 01:05:43 PM »
Hasbro did a special presentation today, but the sites covering it are TF and G.I. Joe sites, so they took in all the Joe and TF stuff in great detail and then are like:  "Uhhh, and there was My Little Pony and Peppa Pig stuff too."  *cries*

So far the most detailed info I've found is from TFW2005 (Transformers fan site):

"My Little Pony
So many announcements for the upcoming CGI movie and the upcoming series. It was hard to keep up. The series titled as Pony Life already has Season 2 greenlighted by Hasbro."

So many announcements but you aren't telling me any of them, AHHHHH!!

Pony Life isn't CGI, so I presume this means:  another year of Pony Life (I think we knew that already?) followed by a new CGI movie and series.  Unless only the movie will be CGI?

I wish they'd given us more, but to be fair that was more info than I've found on any other site . . .

Edit:  Also found this . . .

https://www.licensing.biz/hasbro-and-eone-detail-global-broadcast-partners-for-new-my-little-pony-pony-life-series/

It mostly talks about Pony Life and its expanded rollout (to various countries.)  BTW from one of their earlier articles I discovered "Toys “R” Us will be the exclusive destination for the My Little Pony Magic Potion line in Canada in 2020."  Not sure if that was known before?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:38:03 PM by LadyMoondancer »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 02:32:52 PM »
Oh, reminds me of this image from a Russian lisencing summit.

I was waiting for further confirmation that this was true.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 05:53:10 PM »
wow that's quite the capture of Pinkie Pie's soul there, isn't it
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
More news has been revealed https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/06/tfw2005-coverage-of-hasbro-brand-panel-at-festival-of-licensing-71091 right here. Seems like the new movie will take place in the G4 universe and feature the Mane 6 in some capacity, albeit reduced to give way to the new characters. Wonder if they'll do anything with Flurry Heart, I'd love to see her cutie mark!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
If it is in the G4 universe and featutres the M6 it is not a new generation :/
It is what I thought might happen - Hasbro are not brave enough to cut the strings and start over.

I hope the new characters and the new toys are worth pursuing, but that doesn't give me much hope.

What exactly do we have to do to send Pinkie Pie to Memory Lane? Isn't 17 years enough?

...I suppose the movie might be a bridge and they might vanish after it, to hand over to the new characters completely. That might be possible, but frankly, the G4 world has some problems that need to be fixed, so if we have to swallow another several years of unconvincing friendship moralising, the animation is probably not going to be top of my to do list ;)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:22:08 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
the G4 world has some problems that need to be fixed, so if we have to swallow another several years of unconvincing friendship moralising, the animation is probably not going to be top of my to do list ;)

They did say in the leaks that it'll be aimed towards an older audience and focus more on adventure (they're probably marketing it towards the Steven Universe/Avatar crowd) so I'm pretty sure the friendship lessons are done for. Not sure how much of the original early production stuff stuck so that idea could have been completely scrapped though.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 01:49:45 PM »
Interesting . . .

Even if the new show is in the same universe, it has the potential to be very different in art style, toys, and tone.  Like if you compare Transformers Prime, Transformers Rescue Bots, and Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) they are nominally in the same universe but I don't think the average viewer would know unless they were told.

I dunno, to me generations are about the toys more than anything.  If they're sufficiently different then I'm fine with calling it G5.  But, I would also be fine just calling the new series by its title name, assuming it has one.  (Like how G4 is "Friendship Is Magic" and the current series is "Pony Life.")

What exactly do we have to do to send Pinkie Pie to Memory Lane? Isn't 17 years enough?

Bumblebee has entered the chat

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »
Having it set in the g4verse and with the mane 6 reappearing doesn’t sound promising for me. I am completely burned out out on mane6 and g4. 10 years is enough, Hasbro. Cut the blasted strings, man!
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 02:58:37 PM »
If G5 is really just G4.5... I just don't know, man...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 03:35:38 PM »
I think I'll like whatever they come up with. I can see why they feel obligated to make the old media segway into the new media because of its reliance on it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »
I think I'll like whatever they come up with. I can see why they feel obligated to make the old media segway into the new media because of its reliance on it.
It's a hole they dug for themselves though. They never needed a crutch to bring out new generations prior to G4, including for G4 itself. It's only something driven by the sheer insanity of the marketing around G4 and the way in which the TV show became so popular...now they feel like it's too big a risk to be original. Which is actually a big problem with a lot of things, not just Hasbro and MLP - LM's remark about Bumblebee is just one more, but there are so many remakes, rehashes and redos of everything in the last few years that it's like so few people are trying to use creativity and imagination any more.

G4 at least had that (at the start, before we got into mane 6 groundhog day and mass memes). It's an insult to the wider franchise that Hasbro think that everything now stems from and links to that same concept, though. They clearly need some new design people who are willing to be bold and , as Mana Minori said, cut the ties.

If it is a new generation for a new generation of fans, then make it new. It's not new if it has dregs of the old propping it up at the seams.

I wasn't a fan of using RD and Pinkie in G4 because of the recycling (even less after I saw their characters, but that's another matter). I don't need it to be tailored to me or my interests, either. I just want it to be something original for once after 10 years of the same. six. characters.

It's really hard to overstate the M6 fatigue effect. Even in G1, in those early few years here where they kept merching the same group of ponies who 70% were not sold here, it was not as bad. True, G3 was quite annoying with its constant use of certain characters on merch (sunny daze, rainbow dash, pinkie pie, etc) so it's not a new fatigue, but at least when G3 ended that went away.

This means that the M6 effect is *never* going to go away. They have free range to keep spewing out the same M6 junk while adding a whole new range of M6 junk to 'complement' the new line.

It will probably make money, but it's just such a disappointing angle for a toy line that once beat the odds and did something different...

Now I think on it, I take back what I said about them not using a crutch. The brand itself is the crutch, isn't it :/ G2 did go very differently, but it's really only G1 that hasn't depended on the reputation to get attention, and this is just an evolution of that same idea.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:49:40 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »
This is one of those times when I like to pretend that MLP was discontinued in 2010.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Yuck on PL getting a second season.

Post Merge: October 07, 2020, 06:30:40 PM

This is one of those times when I like to pretend that MLP was discontinued in 2010.

:snicker:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:30:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal