collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SO / HTF G2?  (Read 851 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
SO / HTF G2?
« on: October 03, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »
I've had some downtime this weekend to try to chip away at the MLW a bit. I had a little brain-think about how I don't like when sought after G4 are customized, went in to check if the bait page has G3, it didn't...it does now. I think there's enough muttering about G3 that I can fill it in more wholly overtime, and I've got good experience with G4 from selling and just collecting for nearly their entire lifespan.
But G2...I'd hate to leave the page without a G2 section.
I'm in the USA, so any G2 I find is like, gold. Any G2 I find in the wild that's originally from overseas is platinum gold...I don't want to give it just a blanket "All G2 are uncustomizable or you're a weenie!" because I'm sure there's buckets of Sky Skimmers, Ivys (Ivies?), and whoever else in Europe.
So I'm curious...for you G2-collectors or folks from where G2 was more widely distributed, who would you consider to be rare or hard to find?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: SO / HTF G2?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
Ponies from the start of the line are the most common, while those at the end are the hardest to find. The mansion, for example, & its Ponies are some of the priciest about.

The rarest though are the two pairs of twins called Nosy & Click, & Study & Play. I THINK they were only released in France or something...

We need Moonbreeze!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 03:01:04 PM »
Yes it is true that ponies of the later years are more hard to find. And then the ponies who were just released in France only.
The blue haired ivy is hard to find. Ofcourse some variations pop up like the Light Heart blond hair variation.
The site from Moonbreeze has them all mentioned :) http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 04:38:19 PM »
Everything Ponybookworm said.

I actually am not 100% sure where the line ended here because I thought it was earlier than some of the ponies I have seen loose - it may just have been my area. I have an extra orphan Sky Skimmer I rescued from a carboot who thinks she's a G4 pony, as she's always lived with them, and I've never thought of customising the occasional extras I turn up.

The Toy Fair - when it was running - used to have a lot of G2 but mostly ones from the 1997-2000 range which are imo moderately common here. Ones like the musical ones or Water Lily - who I have found here but only once each - I would consider rarer.

...There are several which seem to come up more on the continent than I have seen them here. And at ponycon they tend to be sold mostly by people from Europe rather than here in the UK...so it may be some of them are more common there.

We do need Moonbreeze's input :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:25:56 AM »
I agree with all things said before.

The twins that are mentioned were indeed only realesed in France with a MLP g2 magazine.
Loose they are not that hard to find, though more rare than the other twins.
MIP they are almost impossible to find, I have seen them MIP once.

Also the other twins from the later years like Coral en Ocean and the playground twins such as Sunny and Sunshine are harder to find.

And then there are some more wanted ponies like Bride, the unicorns and magicians who are also more hard to find.

But honestly, a whole lot of the ponies from 2001, 2002 en 2003 could be listed here.

And then the variants as mentioned before.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »
good info to know!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 08:39:26 AM »
I'll probably at least include the tail end of the G2 line and then the variants on Moonbreeze's site (do we have pictures of them on the MLW? I'll need to check or just specify/link to her site).
Thank you all for the information. I've got a lot more G4 and G3 to include before I start tackling the G2 so I'll hope Moonbreeze comes to add in soon!

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal