collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greetings from Central Canada!  (Read 711 times)

Offline Sharpskirt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • Steady thriftin'
    • View Profile
Greetings from Central Canada!
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:23:25 PM »
Hi! I'm Kat, I'm 25 and from the Canadian prairies. In the past 5 years my mom has achieved her dream of having horses (they can technically be referred to as ponies) and it's caused me to be a bit of a born-again horse girl in a really heartwarming way.

I technically have been collecting ponies since a year ago when I found a G1 newborn twin (Tangles!) at a Value Village. I was so stoked that I successfully identified a pony after watching the Toys That Made Us episode on MLP, and I bought her because she was very cute. I've been hesitant until recently to collect more as friends I had previously had been very judgemental, but the retro/classic G1 reproductions got me interested and I connected with my love for ponies! I have 12 of the MLP retro/classic reproductions, and have now instead started focusing on collecting original G1, G2, G3 and the odd G4 if it has brushable hair and is cute and inexpensive. So far of those, I found Rarity, Heartstrings and Lily Blossom (I have the vintage Blossom so I couldn't resist a $2.50 little comparison)! The only ones I'm not as into are the G3.5... they just aren't quite for me! I find a lot of my ponies via local classifieds (kijiji) and thrift stores! I find the process of cleaning and restoring them deeply rewarding, fun and relaxing. They're cute and fun to find! I love all their beautiful colours and unique names, the cuteness makes my heart sing. My partner collects transformers, so we have a great little collection vibe going on in the house. Right now I have a bag of ponies waiting to be cleaned, and I'm hoping to post a bit of pictures online sometime as I finish them.

My current collection has 9 G1 ponies, and 12 g3 ponies. I have 3 g4's from dollarama and a Glamour Glow Rarity that was packaged with a G3 pony at a thrift store. Her mane was so tangled and frizzy that I took her on as a project, and now she's grown on me! She also lights up, which is pretty cool.

I haven't watched any of the shows or read any books or anything, but the toys alone are pretty fun enough for me so far!

Outside of collecting ponies, I work in an an academic library. I enjoy music, video games, drawing, and reading books. Nice to meet you all!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Greetings from Central Canada!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 11:53:18 PM »
Sounds like your collection is off to a great start!

Welcome to the Arena :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 06:19:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  It's so satisfying to find those vintage ponies in the wild, and fix them up again isn't it. :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:25:07 AM »
hello canadian :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 10:43:06 PM »

Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

Hope you have a wonderful time with us :)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!
Enjoy yourself and have fun :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal