collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Goals for 2021?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Goals for 2021?
« on: September 25, 2020, 06:33:53 PM »
Probably a bit early to talk about them, but who cares? One of my goals for 2020 was getting to take a trip to a store to finally get something Lolita and finally into the fashion, but the pandemic happened and screwed air travel, so I blew my money on a pony custom that I didn’t really need. So, I kinda hope to renew that plan for 2021. Another goal I want to have is to save and buy something, anything authentic from the g1 Takara pony line.
I’m also hoping that I can be calmer and less triggered toward people. I failed that this year, so here’s to next year.

What goals do you guys have?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 07:12:16 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Re: Goals for 2021?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:12:47 PM »
By 2021, I want to be moved out into an apartment with my boyfriend. Same situation I'm sure we are all in, 2020 messed us UP. Hoping everything gets better for everyone!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »
Everything revolves around my apartment really. There's a lot of furniture I want to get; sofa, dining set, coffee table, media shelves (really want a revolving one), curios for my collections. Smaller things as well.

I'd like to get back into custom swaps, probably private ones, and make more customs in general. Miniatures too. I really enjoy making miniatures, I should do it more often.

I miss having hamsters and would like to get one or two.

Buy a new phone. Buy a new laptop.

Get healthier.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 11:22:20 PM »
My main goal for 2021 is to find another job, or at least a couple part-time jobs that I can hopefully fit around each other in order to make a viable living (not holding out much hope for the rest of 2020, being realistic.) If that works out, my next aim is to save up and work on finding my own place again.
I also want to get my zine back up and running, although my aim is to get a few issues completed and an update schedule drawn up before it sees the light of day.
And having another go at whittling. Had a few mishaps this year that dulled my enthusiasm for it, but I've learned from those and it'd be nice to make a fresh start on it.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:52:01 AM »
Health permitting, I’d like to organize my sewing/crafts room and do a lot more DIYing next year. Beyond just 2020 being 2020, I’ve had a string of medical issues this year that have left me not feeling up to it lately.

I’d also like to buy risers, domes, and other items to add some polish to my toy displays. :) Optimizing display space in general is also a big goal (though I have made some progress this year). Oh, and organizing the garage and basement. That will be... interesting.

Lastly, I want to finish up my weight loss plan. I’ve lost 50 pounds so far this year, and would like to get back to my ideal weight by next summer. Stress and depression had caused me to put on some extra padding and left me in failing health, but I’m now in the process of taking my life back! :)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 03:35:01 AM »
First and foremost have everyone in my family healthy and safely vaccinated against COVID.

After that, take my life off the pause it's been on since March (and will stay on for the forseeable future).

Get back down south if possible. Get a job down there - whether Academic or otherwise. Academic might not be possible now thanks to Covid, but I will still try and do my book while still more or less locked down. Right now to be able to go back to the life I had before I had to move back and before COVID would be a victory.

Hope to visit Japan again in 2022. I had always intended to go back but had hoped for funding in an academic context, especially because flying long distance is a challenge for me (I'm still wrangling the DfE over my fieldwork flight). But I think it's more imperative now.

I don't know what the relationship will be like between the UK and Europe travel wise after COVID and our stupid govt's obsession with making Brexit as thorny as possible, either. But it's Japan that I really miss the most. 
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 05:33:14 AM »
I'd like to find a way to get out of this house we are stuck in and move closer to my son's school. I actually enjoy the commute, but when there's evening events I have to attend, driving back and forth 3 times in a day gets a little tedious. When we bought this place last year, it was with the intent to put an addition on with an attached garage, laundry room, and a kids' bathroom with an actual bathtub, only to find out it was complicated because of zoning/septic restrictions. We had to revamp our plans, and then the Coronavirus happened. We really, really need that addition, but it's almost not worth it to bother on a place we hate. My husband thinks it will be at least a year before we can make an exit strategy that doesn't involve us losing a ton of money. I just hope the economy doesn't tank in 2021 and leave us stuck here.

My other goal is to get my son the help he needs to be successful in school and in life. He was diagnosed with autism last year, and after spending 6 months fighting through all the red tape to get the funding to pay for the 25-30 hours/week of ABA therapy that his doctor recommends, we got approved the same week that the virus shut everything down. I was hoping to get it done over the summer, but no one was doing home visits and it was considered nonessential. Now he's in school full-time, and every agency I contact says they can't help us unless we commit to 30-40 hours/week, and I won't pull him out of school. The county won't help us; they say it's considered double-dipping because he should have an IEP through the school. But he attends a private school, so he can't get an IEP! It's like he falls into this loophole where no one can help us. So hopefully going into 2021, maybe I'll find someone who won't slam their doors in my face.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »
COVID vaccine so we can travel again.

Get our house sorted and organized.

Find a better job! 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 10:01:25 AM »
Main thing for me would be for this pandemic to be over or at least well under control with a vaccine so we can finally live normal lives again x.x I want to be able to go into places and let people come into our house without fear again and not have to sanitize everything.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 10:24:41 AM »
Main thing for me would be for this pandemic to be over or at least well under control with a vaccine so we can finally live normal lives again x.x I want to be able to go into places and let people come into our house without fear again and not have to sanitize everything.

Hear hear!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 03:46:43 AM »
Mine would be to move. Preferably to the countryside again. I can't deal with apartment life anymore. xD So hopefully part of that goal is to grow veggies again, depending on when we move.
That, and improving my sewing skills when it comes to clothes, and setting up a proper sewing space. I'm already working on the first part of that, but have no space to set up a proper area for it.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 03:56:52 AM »
I swear the one really positive thing about living here at the moment, with lockdown and all (aside being able to see my parents a LOT, LOL), is the garden.

We've grown all kinds of things this year. Some, like rhubarb, is a regular crop. The apple tree hasn't produced much this year, and the vine grapes as usual nobody can be bothered to go pick, so the birds have them. But we've had peas and carrots, radishes and potatoes. There are always raspberries and I'm working on broccoli although I had to evict some caterpillars from it...Oh, also gooseberries for the first time in years, although I since had to wage a long war against sawflies which, for the time being, has been won. I won't use nasties on plants so it was a bit labour intensive, but the plants seem to be all right now.

All in all having the garden in the spring was a godsend. I can deal with not having a garden - in London I didn't - but I did do a lot of walking out and about. I hope to be able to do that again in the new year, whether I move back south or stay here for a bit longer. It all depends on the science, since there's too much risk for my family for me to do anything meaningful until there is a vaccine.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 07:18:00 AM »
I'm so glad my balcony is big enough to have some potted crops. I want to grow tomatoes and kale for sure next year.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
Be alive and breathing.
Get passed my mid-life crisis phase.
Keep at my current weight very close to where it's at now.
Find a product that minimizes wrinkles. I hear this may be impossible.
A car that's not old enough to be registered with collector plates...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »
My goal for next year is to hit 5K in savings if possible just in case I need it.  Other than that, we have the house paid off, but need a roof next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal