collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novel gimmick ideas  (Read 1446 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novel gimmick ideas
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
So many creative ideas! 
I love the flying bird themed pony idea, of course being a bird lover... And the flippable symbol idea would be cool, it could be a kind of disguise-type thing maybe.  More GITD is always fun for kids!  And the textures and metallic colors are others if love to see.  For the POP pony type idea, maybe interchangeable brushable tails, and you could buy individual tails to swap out.  Like ones with tinsel, or multicolored, or crimped hair...collect them all!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »
I love glow in the dark things! I know they've been done already but I would love to see a comeback for those future ponies! I also found the idea of changing cutie marks or other symbols on the ponies where the symbols would change in color or shape (or something different all together!) when exposed to heat/water/light/etc...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
Add me to the I WANT GLOWING PONIES crew!!!

Also glitter, ombre, & Ponies whose hair changes colour.

Last but not least, please bring back species variation, like more proper sea Ponies!!! Who can actually swim/float in the bath/sink!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
A mix and match pony...

Where you can swap bits of pony around to make a new pony :D

It's almost hallowe'en right?
how? Like pop a hoof off, pop a head off?

Pretty much!

...Ok, so maybe not to that degree, but I remember the G2s had some hair changing ponies, that would be a start point.

Also, I guess I was reminded of the raggy doll line we had here (did the US get them? The show was definitely British) with...I think her name was Lucy, and her arms and legs came off. While that same idea was also used for Frankie Stein in MH (albeit the hands and legs on the toy in her case were not meant to come off, it's actually not hard to remove MH forearms and hands and sometimes necessary for safe outfit changing!).

So it would have to be thought out, but it's not impossible. In Lucy's case, the toy actually did come apart. That was her thing. The whole point of the raggy dolls was that they were all toys with some kind of production flaw, so having a doll that came apart was just one of those gimmicks. Albeit I admit that's not quite mix and match. But being able to add/remove horns and wings and change hair would be an option...

There's a 3D puzzle out that can be a horse, a pegasus, a unicorn or a winged unicorn depending on what pieces you add to it.

I think being able to do that with MLP would be fun.  :) I also think color changing hair would be interesting  but it needs to be able to withstand the sun or maybe it could change color in water like the G1 Watercolor Baby sea ponies did.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »
I wonder if a pony with a sort of rubix cube puzzle symbol would be doable. Like, it comes complete when  you buy it, but you can scramble it, if you want to. Super gimmicky, I think.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 09:34:57 PM »
I'd like to see some older gimmicks make a return, like cascading symbols or gradients!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal