collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony symbols and cutie marks in the future  (Read 4092 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Pony symbols and cutie marks in the future
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:13 AM »
The Magic Message symbols have a symbol stamped on the body like normal, and then a thin plasticy piece of material (the heat sensitive part) glued over it.  The plasticy piece can get rubbed or scraped off . . . I also remember one collector who had the plasticy part just slide right off when she was trying to wash Cloud Dreamer in hot water.  (Probably because the heat loosened the glue.)

I'd looove symbols on both sides again.

Forgot to add that one of the reasons I don't want symbols that can change when a pony's interests change (within the lore) is it sounds like the perfect reason for Hasbro to never make a new character again.  Like instead of "we need to appeal to the girls who like stars, let's make a new pony character with stars", they could just say "THIS week Love-a-belle learns about astronomy and has STAR symbols instead of her usual hearts!"  And then they'd release a Love-a-Belle identical to all the other Love-a-belle's, except with a different symbol.

Kind of like if you look at the BTAS toyline, if they felt like they needed a blue action figure, they'd just paint Batman blue and call him "Arctic Mission Batman" or something.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Pony symbols and cutie marks in the future
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »
The MM ponies do not have a symbol stamped as normal. They have a multilayer heat sensitive symbol, which can come off init's entirety, leaving the pony without a symbol at all.

The nurse ponies probably do have a stamped symbol, but the MM ponies do not.

I have had more than one come through  my hands with no remaining symbol, which could not happen if they were stamped.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal