collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display your ponies?  (Read 2044 times)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: How do you display your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 02:54:26 PM »
I absolutely love that fly agaric on your pony box @ Broken Irishwoman (Im a big mushroom and toadstool fan  :)). Is it a lamp?

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 03:14:19 PM »
Yes it is! I love mushrooms and toadstools too, I have a lot of them around the house. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 03:48:29 PM »
It looks great! I also have some shroom deco (and a cute plush toy), my boyfriend is always rolling his eyes when I spot shroom stuff in a shop.  :lol: I love the simpler desings, either plain wood carved ones or painted in authentic colours, so I would definitely have bought that lamp as well.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 03:50:12 PM by IceCrystal02 »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »
I have a 1960s glass fronted cabinet with two shelves inside which I sprayed white. I lined the shelves with acid free tissue paper and covered cereal and fruit juice boxes with acid free tissue paper to make risers. This displays about 1/6 of my collection. I think if I was going to do it seriously I would also go for Billy with glass doors. I'd also buy perspex risers because they look beautiful. I saw once that somone had hung a kind of mesh hammock thing from the cieling to hold plushies. I guess if you are worried about dust you could cover them when you're out of the room. I've also seen peeople display ponies all across the floor of a room like a model village but I'd worry about dust I think.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
Well, I got my shelves and have displayed my ponies! Like I said, right now I'm only concentrating on getting the adult ponies from years 2 and 3. I've already rearranged them about 100 times  :lol: I have Powder, Windy, and Sunlight coming and when I go to my parents' house this week I'm going to look through my pile of ponies and see who can come home to be on the shelf. I think I might have enough room to display more ponies, so I will probably get the Twinkle Eyes since those are one of my favorite sets.

I had to make a Flickr account to post my photos because for some reason the way I posted pics before wasn't working  :( ...not sure what I was doing wrong, but I hope this works!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190610601@N07/

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 12:56:03 PM »
Looking good! That's a nice looking bookcase. I love seeing pictures of people's collections!

Offline FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »
Looking good! That's a nice looking bookcase. I love seeing pictures of people's collections!

Thanks! Yeah, the minute I saw that bookcase, I knew it would be perfect (and it was on sale to boot!) I also love seeing other people's collections. It's always fun to see how they display their ponies and what they use to display them. So keep posting those pics!  :biggrin:

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 01:49:25 PM »
In our basement, on a hodge-podge of bookcases and shelving units.  With multiple moves and apartment/house designs over the years, it's an interesting set-up.

There are 5-shelf and 3-shelf bookcases, horizontal and vertical organizers, even a shelving unit that goes behind a toilet (didn't fit in either of our current home's bathrooms!)  For tiers, I've used old books (finally found a use for all those books we had to read in High School!), spice racks, CD and DVD cases (I think there's even a few VCR cases!), tissue boxes, and cut up pieces of cardboard.  Oh yeah, and a couple of shoe organizers mixed it.  Anything I thought that could be used...

These are older photos (2009-2011), and things have been reorganized since then, but you get the general idea...

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 09:24:23 AM »
I have a combo of media shelves, bookcases from Target, and adjustable shelving from Menards with boards... I've curb picked quite a few extra shelves over the summer so I really can optomize space.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 05:45:19 AM »
In our basement, on a hodge-podge of bookcases and shelving units.  With multiple moves and apartment/house designs over the years, it's an interesting set-up.

There are 5-shelf and 3-shelf bookcases, horizontal and vertical organizers, even a shelving unit that goes behind a toilet (didn't fit in either of our current home's bathrooms!)  For tiers, I've used old books (finally found a use for all those books we had to read in High School!), spice racks, CD and DVD cases (I think there's even a few VCR cases!), tissue boxes, and cut up pieces of cardboard.  Oh yeah, and a couple of shoe organizers mixed it.  Anything I thought that could be used...

These are older photos (2009-2011), and things have been reorganized since then, but you get the general idea...

halicabi

If thats from 10 years ago i can only imagine how big it is now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal