collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display your ponies?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
How do you display your ponies?
« on: September 22, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »
How do you display your ponies?
I’ve been meaning to get a shelf or something to start keeping my ponies in, but I’m not to sure what kind to get (sealed? open shelving? etc...) and I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions! If you have links to your shelves or boxes or whatever, please feel free to link those here!
I would love the help!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you display your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
The Billy bookcase from IKEA with the glass doors would be a perfect, inexpensive display case! I used to have one (before I started collecting ponies), but alas, I was dumb enough to give it to my husband's ex-wife when I moved cross-country a few years back.

I 'display' mine currently in my bathroom linen closet, much to my husband's annoyance. He told me I was the pony equivalent of the proverbial crazy cat lady the other day. I am, however, working on a hobby room that is all mine (yay!), where I'll set them up on my old bar-height dining room table,  until I can order a new Billy bookcase.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
All six of them are inside a cupboard with my DVDs and other stuff.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »
I have an assortment of Ikea and similarly-styled displays from various stores. My G1 are on Ikea shelves next to my bed, some of them are on three-tiered spice racks from Target. I have shelves on my walls too...my G3 are on shelves with three-tiered spice racks too. My G4 are on a shelf that I spray painted that we found on the side of the road. They're smaller than would make sense to use on a spice rack, so I just made some cardboard risers to fit the shelf.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 07:33:27 AM »
My G1s are kept in our walk in closet. There's one deeper bookshelf on the far wall with playsets and such, and the figures themselves are on shallow DVD shelves from where I work at Best Buy, since I get a pretty good discount on those. There are two of those, and between those three shelves they hold most of my almost complete US G1 collection. (My Paradise Estate is on the floor and there are a few in there)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 10:56:21 AM »
All of my collections are located on the top shelf in my closet.. and that includes ponies.

And then I choose a cluster to feature on part of the shelving on the desk shelf. I'd do this in other places too, but I try to only buy one piece of furniture a year. So right now I have 6 ponies in a theme that look nice together on one of those shelves.

I'll probably invest in small floating shelves at some point to also do call outs. That's just lower on the list of furniture priorities.

Otherwise, I really think collections look great in a billy bookcases (bonus to the glass doors so they don't have to be dusted as often!). But that just doesn't fit what I have in mind for my house right now. I don't want a large amount of my collection on display all the time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:58:11 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 01:42:19 PM »
My ponies stayed hidden away in boxes in the closet and under the bed for years.  However, in the past year, I've gotten two curio cabinets and started to display some.  In this photo, I've started to add risers so I can fit more.  I bought an acrylic sheet and cutter from the hardware store, cut the pieces, and hot glued them.  This first one is to short for big brothers or pegasus ponies to fit under, so the next one I made I did the legs taller.

I prefer an enclosed case because with three cats (used to be four), I have five litter boxes.  Hair and dust are bad in my rooms, my Transformers, who are on open shelves, have to get dusted or washed frequently.  I would hate to damage the ponies.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 01:46:01 PM by Gator »

Offline FernMariposa919

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 10:46:40 AM »
Right now my ponies are on my mantle or on/in my hutch/cabinet sharing space with other stuff I also have there. However, I'm super excited because I ordered a seven foot wooden black painted bookcase with seven shelves that I will put in my bedroom next to my desk (also black so it will match) and I will move my ponies once it arrives a week from today.

I started collecting ponies in August. I've decided to collect the adult ponies from Years 2 and 3. Specifically those years because I love the classic ponies and I have a lot of nostalgia for those ponies and I was pretty young during this time so I only have a handful of these ponies from my childhood and I'm now trying to get the whole collection.

Right now I have Blossom, Seashell, Sundance, Posey, Tootsie, Cherries Jubilee, Firefly, Heart Throb, Surprise, Moondancer, Glory, Sunbeam, Skydancer, Starshine, Parasol, Moonstone, Confetti, and Tickle. I will have to check my childhood collection and see if I can clean up Cotton Candy, Bowtie, Medley, Majesty and Sparkler. I do have Applejack and Lemon Drop, but I will have to get new ones because they have lost their tails...poor things!

I think it will just be under 50 ponies in the end once I have all the adult ponies from years 2 and 3. Now if I still have room on my shelves I might consider getting more ponies. I would love to have the Twinke eye set as they are among my favorites; though I probably won't get Mimic since I try not to pay over $20 for a pony if I can help it!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:48:59 AM by FernMariposa919 »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 06:33:26 PM »
Mine are on a little shelf above my bed
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 08:23:39 AM »
So, since I've only got back into collecting this year most of my collection is in a box :( However, I'm getting some great inspiration from how you guys utilize shelving etc :)
I need something free-standing as I'm not allowed to drill any holes in the wall of my rented house  :huh:

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline eveningstar79

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
So far mine are sitting at the very top of a new shelf I got for my anime figures. I want to get a separate shelf just for my ponies sometime in the near future though. Just started collecting again and am running out of room quickly on the anime shelf.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 06:02:33 PM »
I have a Luna cubby which is being reserved for my $300 Luna custom when she arrives. I display a Luna on my bed, some Moi Meme Moitie inspired customs above the Luna cubby on their own shelf, and some Some ponies occupying my desk. The rest of my herd are crammed in bins, but I am sleeping on DIY shelves to put some MiB ponies on the walls.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 10:23:27 PM »
mine are all still in the moving boxes. I need to unpack them already.  >_<

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
I have a small shelf next to my bed with some favourites on it, but that's basically it. However, my nightstand is actually a tub of ponies, so they're all kind of displayed. :P Usually I'm very much attached to a peaceful and orderly environment to sleep in, but sometimes I really need to be surrounded by ponies. When that's the case I dig up more favourites and put them on the headboard, my nightstand and the windowsill. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »
Mine are in a few places: I have a couple permenant residents sitting out in my bedroom, all my sugarberry pose ladies are in a glass fronted cabinet, and then I usually have a few seasonal-themed ponies sitting out in my living room. The rest are stored in boxes.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal