Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

Japanese g1 Takara pony- exploring the lore

(1/3) > >>

Mana Minori:
I have long been enamored with these cute little beans. And while they have a few character blurbs that hint at their personality and world, I have often   continued to wondered about and it’s lore and nature of their world that isn’t offered in product packaging. Why are they all earth ponies? Why do they lack symbols/ cutie marks? What significance does that Lily of the Valley flower on their packaging have?

For a while, I have begun seen the Takara ponies as sort of living in a real paradise, having to care for the earth and nature while the ponies who have symbols and flaunt their powers were far removed and seeking out their own paradise estate and have become nomads-  sort of like a garden of Eden type situation, I suppose. And The Lily of the valley flower that is seen featured with the Takaras, I have felt is a reminder from the marked ponies to return to their roots and be earth caretakers with them, finding the happiness they seek out.

I definitely want to learn more about the Takara ponies, and I wonder what you guys think of their canon characters and lore (with what little I do we are provided through translations of product packaging). What sort of lore and characters would you give the Takaras? Would you adapt what has already been provided, or create your own?

Mewtwofan1:
I love them too! Personally, I think they live in a tiny smurf village type of thing. Nice cute plant themed houses/shops, a quiet town where life is a peaceful paradise. The only real upsets to this would be pinky, milky, and friends adventures within the town. A sort of fantasy pony tales sort of thing. No big world saving adventures, just peaceful investigating and adventuring within the town.

banditpony:
I know there was a short comic in a magazine, so I imagine that might of touched on their world.

Mana Minori:

--- Quote from: banditpony on September 18, 2020, 08:06:04 AM ---I know there was a short comic in a magazine, so I imagine that might of touched on their world.

--- End quote ---
i know the comic you speak of. I asked a long time ago on in outside community for translation assistance, and it didn’t really provide much that wasn’t already on the box scanlations.
http://aminoapps.com/p/w3h9v6

banditpony:

--- Quote from: Mana Minori on September 18, 2020, 08:23:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: banditpony on September 18, 2020, 08:06:04 AM ---I know there was a short comic in a magazine, so I imagine that might of touched on their world.

--- End quote ---
i know the comic you speak of. I asked a long time ago on in outside community for translation assistance, and it didn’t really provide much that wasn’t already on the box scanlations.
http://aminoapps.com/p/w3h9v6

--- End quote ---

Ah, ok.
I knew it was short, but I had never seen it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version