collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Least favourite rainbow pony?

Sunlight
2 (6.1%)
Starshine
2 (6.1%)
Windy
2 (6.1%)
Parasol
5 (15.2%)
Skydancer
2 (6.1%)
Moonstone
0 (0%)
Trickles
6 (18.2%)
Starflower
2 (6.1%)
Tickle
3 (9.1%)
Confetti
1 (3%)
Pinwheel
4 (12.1%)
Flutterbye
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Least fave rainbow pony ?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Least fave rainbow pony ?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 06:29:28 PM »
Pinwheel comes off as garish to me. I think Flutterbye is a close second.
Sunlight gets special mention for being the most forgettable of the first set. Moonstone fills the Blue pony slot just fine, she should have been more green I think.

Oh my god sooo happy I'm not the only one who ALWAYS forgets sunlight!! I can never remember her name  :lol:

Post Merge: September 14, 2020, 06:30:38 PM

pinwheel's color is awful with the hair colors

Can't believe trickles is 2nd!!! I love her  :huh: makes me so mad that I dont have her yet  :(
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »
Pinwheel comes off as garish to me. I think Flutterbye is a close second.
Sunlight gets special mention for being the most forgettable of the first set. Moonstone fills the Blue pony slot just fine, she should have been more green I think.

Oh my god sooo happy I'm not the only one who ALWAYS forgets sunlight!! I can never remember her name  :lol:

Post Merge: September 14, 2020, 06:30:38 PM

pinwheel's color is awful with the hair colors

Can't believe trickles is 2nd!!! I love her  :huh: makes me so mad that I dont have her yet  :(

Trickles has become my favorite of the second set. Her colors look nice with that yellow and she's a very lovely springtime girl. I never really thought much of her till I saw the BF one in person and she ended up coming home with me.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 02:40:54 AM »
I chose between Windy and Sunlight, but voted Windy, as I felt she would handle it better to be voted least favourite then poor Sunlight. (Yes, I'm emotional :P )

I voted for Fluttebye because I'm not a fan of her body color. Maybe she comes off better in real life? :shrug:

I also voted for Flutterbye. Her body color does come off looking better in real life, actually, but what I don't like about her is her mane. I know the rainbow ponies all had their hair colors placed formulaically in the same color order, but on her I hate how the orange stripe is on top. It blends in with her orange color and doesn't look as striking as she would if the colors had been reversed and the bright green were up near her face, if that makes any sense.

I feel a little bad voting for her, since she's the only one I own from this set.

I voted Flutterbye as my favourite actually. I agree that her colour is kinda boring, but it is something with her that makes her loveable, but I cant really point out why, except she was a childhood pony of mine (along with trickles and confetti) :)
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 07:02:21 AM »
I voted for Fluttebye because I'm not a fan of her body color. Maybe she comes off better in real life? :shrug:

I also voted for Flutterbye. Her body color does come off looking better in real life, actually, but what I don't like about her is her mane. I know the rainbow ponies all had their hair colors placed formulaically in the same color order, but on her I hate how the orange stripe is on top. It blends in with her orange color and doesn't look as striking as she would if the colors had been reversed and the bright green were up near her face, if that makes any sense.

I feel a little bad voting for her, since she's the only one I own from this set.

SAME!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about her hair, lol.

I voted for Trickles, though.  Something about her just doesn't do it for me.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
Confetti, Trickles...but not because I don't like them, but because I like the others more.

I don't really like Skydancer and Starshine's pose, and Starshine discolours, too. But I have childhood memories of seeing her at school and a friend having her when I was a kid, so she has the nostalgia kick.

Wedding Bells Fetti is better than regular, she's at least different. I think I just have a kind of jolt when it comes to walking Fetti, it looks wrong to me. Like SS Magic Star. Just not right to me in those poses.

...So maybe walking pose Confetti. She also discolours, so it's a double whammy.

Cannot understand the negativity towards the gorgeous pegs and unis in the y3 set though. I wanted them all SO MUCH as a kid.

I also tend to forget Sunlight in that set. I dunno what it is about her...pony ninja?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:37:04 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »
Sadly, Parasol. She's a very sweet pony, but I never liked her colours; she always looks manky and discoloured, even in mint condition. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal