collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fun with eThrifting!  (Read 859 times)

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
Fun with eThrifting!
« on: September 11, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
There's nothing quite like the thrill of finding a pony in the wild, is there? The pandemic has considerably lessened my trips to local thrift stores over the past few months. eBay is a lot more helpful in finding specifics anyway, but as I've never used Goodwill's own online marketplace, I decided to take a virtual trip to the thrift store today. Join me for some of my more notable finds.

First off, we have... "Pinkie Pie."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Goodness, G5 has changed her. I'd heard people saying the Pony Life designs didn't look very horselike, but I didn't think it went so far as putting a unicorn head on a robot dog toy.

Next, while I'm not a seasoned collecting veteran, I haven't seen this approach to MOC before. I mean, they're On Card if you prop them up or staple the bags, right?

Nice selection for $76, anyway.

My final observation on ShopGoodwill: Listing lots by weight rather than by quantity is certainly an interesting move.

What do you think about the selection on ShopGoodwill? Do they have good deals? Was this post a completely inane waste of time that should be burned at the stake? Let's discuss.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Fun with eThrifting!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:54:44 AM »
ShopGoodwill has been my favorite way as of late to get ponies when the physical thrift fails me.  ^.^ Great for G4 collectors and I've gotten some of the harder to find variants in some lots, like the Pinkie Pie with black and white in her hair! I also got a Whitecap for real cheap because she was clustered with some G4 ponies.
Anything with "vintage" in the name tends to go a bit higher than I'm willing to pay. I think resellers who aren't collectors will go and bid on them with little regard for WHO the ponies actually are.
It's a fun virtual treasure hunt and a nice way to test my identification skills. Just make sure you check shipping before bidding, it can be a bit up there!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
Tealeaf summed up shopgoodwill pretty well! In my experience looking for G1s, some lots just get bid up to high heavens. A lot of the G1 lots look awfully dirty too, but eh. Nothing a magic eraser can't fix.

I found a Greek Bluebelle in a lot once, that was wild. I almost thought I was gonna win it until everybody else noticed lmao. Still don't know how she got there.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
I have gotten a few good lots from them, and recently a build a bear luna with her accessories, whom I had been looking for, for a very very long time.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 09:46:54 AM »
Most Shop Goodwill lots tend to put lot weights in the title rather than the amount of ponies. I'd assume so you have a better idea of how much shipping would cost?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 10:09:54 AM »
Most Shop Goodwill lots tend to put lot weights in the title rather than the amount of ponies. I'd assume so you have a better idea of how much shipping would cost?
I still have NO clue how to calculate it in my head, but I think it's more of a draw...especially when people sell lots with mcdonalds ponies and count those. Much easier/less time consuming to put the bag on a scale, throw them out for a picture, put back in the bag.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
Oh geez G5 is awful. Not surprised though. G4 is terrible. Absolutely ruined the My Little Pony design. Breaks my heart...
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »
Oh geez G5 is awful. Not surprised though. G4 is terrible. Absolutely ruined the My Little Pony design. Breaks my heart...

I admit I can't tell if you're joking or not over text, but if you aren't, the robot horse on a robot toy dog body is literally that. Someone took the head of one robot toy and put it on another, and now Goodwill is claiming it's an MLP. :lol: But that really is just another toyline. G5 doesn't exist quite yet.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »
I love the "it's mint on card if we glue the card back on/put it in a baggie" approach >< See this too often on ebay too with "reglued" MOC.

Remembering one Milky Way priced up at $200 when she had obviously been off her card, had a ribbon round her neck and a completely different hair accessory.

Also a flutter pony in box. Literally that. One box. One flutter pony. No wings, no inlay, nothing else. Just FLutter pony in box. ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »