collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newborn Baby rattles - small or large?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Newborn Baby rattles - small or large?
« on: September 11, 2020, 01:38:45 AM »
Does anybody know if it was random which babies came with small rattles and which one with large rattles, or was it perhaps dependant on the region they were sold? I've had Fleecy & Fluffy since childhood but I can't remember I'm afraid.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Newborn Baby rattles - small or large?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »
I may be wrong but I think the smaller ones are newborn and the larger ones are baby (Play and care set/original baby pony releases).

...I am fairly sure the bicolour ones (without white) are often newborn twins, I am thinking those are the smaller ones but I am ready to be corrected...I haven't checked for certain.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 01:22:37 PM »
It has also been my experience that the smaller, 2-color ones came with newborn twins and the larger ones that had white with one other color came with babies. The nursery also came with a large yellow and white one, and the baby buggy came with a large lavender and white one.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:17:21 AM »
Thank you for your replies Taffeta and LadyAmalthea! Your reasoning sounds logical, so I'll definitely search for the smaller ones for my newborns. MLW confused me a bit because they list the newborn twin's names under both the larger and smaller rattles.

I'm further confused because I've been buying a few rattles over the past few months, some I bought were listed as "small", the others as "large", but they are all exactly the same size. Can anybody who has small and large rattles tell me how big the difference in size is between the two? I'm not not even sure if I have small or large rattles now, haha.  :blush:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 08:34:09 AM »

I hope this helps.. I tried to find a metric ruler (I assume that's the format you would use), but I couldn't for the life of me find ANYTHING to measure with right now! So I just looked for a universal object to photograph it next to, and figured we're all familiar with these bottles! The larger yellow rattle is the one that came with the nursery, and the smaller aqua/yellow one came with twins Nibbles and Dibbles.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »
This is very helpful, thanks a lot LadyAmalthea! Ha ha yes, I do have one or two of these larger bottles, so I'll measure my rattles against the "bottle scale" tonight.  :biggrin:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:31:18 PM »
I have this latent thought that there's something in Europe with rattles that's not the same as other parts of the world. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it is, whether it's to do with the colour and size or...something. I realise this is useless without detail and hope someone will come in with the actual knowledge. I just have a feeling there are more smaller ones in Europe or something?

...I looked through my pictures but I don't seem to have a photo to hand for my Nibbles and Dibbles, but I think the rule of rattles that don't have white in the colour scheme tend to go to twins. And they are generally smaller, if you have two sizes.

I forget which other twins have them but they also have little bands - they look like hair bands - that the rattles go on. I don't know if that affects the size of the clip on the end of the rattle or not, because it has to be able to hold onto that band around the baby's neck.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »
Taffeta - I think you've got the playset ones in mind - those come in reverse colours in some parts of Europe.

The newborn twin rattles DO come in two sizes but because they're so similar in size I haven't been able to pin down a release. So they normally come in a smaller size but it seems there are much rarer ones that are the size of the baby's rattles. The photos are here but I don't seem to have taken a comparison pic:
https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/plastic-baby-items.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 08:02:23 AM »
I had Dibbles and Nibbles as a kid and they came with the smaller two-colored ones. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »
Thanks Chrissytree, I knew that there was something but I couldn't remember exactly what it was :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline IceCrystal02

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 05:01:18 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts and insights everyone!

I've now also taken a photo of two of my rattles with a baby bottle, it seems I have the small ones then:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal