collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let’s Discuss: Ruby Redheart  (Read 902 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Let’s Discuss: Ruby Redheart
« on: September 10, 2020, 08:21:49 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Back in 2016, a book was released called “MLP the Dragons of Dazzle Island”, which featured Spike and Fluttershy going off to an island to gather gems for Rarity, but getting interrupted by the Dragon Migration and spawning season that’s taking place there. This story introduced a pony named Ruby Redheart, who is a dragon observer and expert dragon egg-hatcher (as she got her cutie mark in doing so).

I think this is the one pony in all of Equestria who might’ve be able to assist Spike with his biological heritage, and it’d would’ve been great to see reference and cameo given to her in the g4 episodes, possibly allowing fans of the series to also get to discover the reasons why Celestia had Spike's egg in the first place, and even if Holder's Boulder is more than meets the eye. Even though it's a fossilized dragon egg, Ruby's powers might’ve still be able to make it hatch. There could’ve been a lot of potential for Spike episodes with this pony around.

Shamefully, of course, this cute pony never even got a place in the toyline- neither brushable nor blind bag. Her only appearance was in this one pony book. Truly a disappointment. I fell in love when I came across her, then kind of forgot about her for a few years, and was o my recently reminded of her. She’s still as cute and lovely to me, though. Let’s talk about this pony!
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Discuss: Ruby Redheart
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »
I wasn't aware of her, she seems really cool and she has a kind of birdwatcher feel to her.  As a "bird person" I'm very interested!  She also has a super cute hairstyle.  She would have made an adorable toy for sure...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »
I have the Dragons of Dazzle island book, as well as the Under the Sparkling Sea one, & in both cases the art is GORGEOUS!!!

I'm surprised Ruby Redheart wasn't made as a Pony, what with the "let's have more pink" attitude of so many lines of girls' toys. I personally prefer a whole rainbow of colours, with extras like magenta thrown in as well, & if Ponies were made in a more even spread of colours, instead of as many pink as otherwise, that would definitely be better for me. So anyway, her pink body gets a little thumbs down from me. However her red hair gets a huge thumbs up as it suits her name & red is not pink. Her symbol too is cute as bits & also shows her role in the story.

The story as a whole is fantastic, & even inspired me to call the guild I made in the first dragon game I used to play "Dazzle Island" as a tribute to this work.

On the Spike take of things, his origin story (where his egg came from, who his parents are etc) would have made an excellent addition to G4 MLP canon.

My personal take is different colours of dragon have different roles, with purple ones being the helper dragons who love friendship, teamwork, co-operation & generosity (there must be SOME reason Spike has a big thing for Rarity right???). And that purple dragons  hatch from purple eggs, so the egg was given to those who could be friends with the dragon & work together, which is what Celestia wanted for all the Ponies. (though in that definition Ember would be gold, being a royal dragon).
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
hmmm I will have to keep my eyes out for this book
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »
Sounds like good fodder for someone to make a custom! She's pretty and I like her hairstyle.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »
Sounds like good fodder for someone to make a custom! She's pretty and I like her hairstyle.

I was going to say the same ;)

And is she related to Nurse Redheart? :P
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »
-eyes glint- *u* is that a challenge?

Post Merge: September 10, 2020, 01:37:08 PM

I wasn't aware of her, she seems really cool and she has a kind of birdwatcher feel to her.  As a "bird person" I'm very interested!  She also has a super cute hairstyle.  She would have made an adorable toy for sure...
Now you are! XD well, some say dragons are scaly birds.or rather, birds evolved from dinosaurs, which are kinda like dragons, I suppose? Soooo, there’s that? She could be a birdwatcher, depending on how you see things.

She could shank some pony with that hair, for sure! XD
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:37:08 PM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 08:59:22 AM »
Sure! I'd love to see her if you make her  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal