collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Huge lot of ponies-and some ID/restoration help please  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Huge lot of ponies-and some ID/restoration help please
« on: September 08, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »
WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY SO THERE MAY BE LAG. SORRY!

I got very lucky off Facebook marketplace, made my first purchase on the platform. It was a very nice lady’s childhood collection. I fought for it, and am pleased to add these wonderful ponies to my collection. I promised I would take good care of them all, and there are a few gems in here I would love to share as well. I have put the majority of the images under the spoiler in hopes of making your computers go faster, or if you just want to skip to where I need help.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A few notable additions were zigzag, chief (with his hat!), so soft satin n’ lace, bow tie and a chatterbox pony. Her talking mechanism still works! In addition, I also got my first non McDonald’s g2! She has both her eye gems and I love having her, since I have no other g2 ponies aside from the tiny McDonald’s ones. I now have a few doubles of ponies in my herd now. Not sure what to do with the doubles, but I’ll figure a way for them to enjoy a collectors retirement.

And here are the accessories and some of the non-MLP items in the lot
Spoiler

As you can probably tell, I am very very happy with the ponies that I got. However, I would like some help with accessory identification. I managed to sort through everything, but have not figured out what these items are or where they come from. Any pointers would be appreciated!

There are a few ponies here that were not pictured above, as I sorted everything into what needed a hairstyling at best, and what had more work to be done.

Several of the BBEs in this lot have rusted eyes, baby hearthrobbs so bad she cannot close her eyes. Several of the adult ponies have only what I can assume to be sand or completely rusted and destroyed tail washers, and a similar situation with the seaponies. I was looking on the MLP Preservation Project website (thank you Fardreamer!) but have not been able to locate anything on how to fix BBE eyes. I am terrible at finding things, so it could be an error on my part. I would like to remove the rust and restore them if possible. As much as they creep me out, I would much rather restore than give it non BBE eyes. Does anybody have any tips or resources?
Thank you for reading, I am still giddy from picking these up a week or two ago, and hope I can get some restoration pointers.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Septima Windsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Huge lot of ponies-and some ID/restoration help please
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 01:09:44 AM »
As you can probably tell, I am very very happy with the ponies that I got. However, I would like some help with accessory identification. I managed to sort through everything, but have not figured out what these items are or where they come from. Any pointers would be appreciated!
Spoiler

Congratulations on your awesome lot! I see so many So Soft ponies :happy:

Seems like this yellow cap near the yellow tape player is Barbie's accessory. I had a blue one for my Barbies when I was young. As I can remember it came in a picnic themed accessory set.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 03:46:05 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies. :lovey:

The blue thing with the tail above the pony shaped thing is a Pixie Tail from Lady Lovely Locks.  I think it belongs to Maiden Fairhair.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 04:59:23 AM »
You got hold of some nice ponies :)

As for ID on accessories I can tell you that the comb is a G2 comb belonging to Basket Surprise Sweet Berry & Ivy. A different Ivy version than you just got.
The yellow pony shape looks like a clay mold.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 06:48:33 AM »
ooooooo very nice!  congrats!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »
I've popped the eyes out of a BBE once. :) Forgot about them, lost them, have an eyeless one now. Spooky. It can be done!
Peel their heads off. Heat up some boiling water. Dip the pony's face in carefully so you don't burn yourself. Now you're gonna wanna get something like a screwdriver, some pliers, something to fit in the head and push on the pods inside the pony's skull. It's gonna take some force, lots of patience...but the eyes should POP out! You can then clean the rust off using your preferred method, I would suggest CLR or something to make it quick and easy, and then let the eyes dry. Heat up the face again with something like a hair dryer, and try to get the eyes back in. I've not done this last part myself, but maybe someone who's seen a project all the way through can chime in.
As a warning, it's likely that the eyes may fall apart due to being too rusted. You could always try to make a de-BBE pony by filling the holes with clay, but I think a more fun route would be to find a bead to jam in instead.  ^.^

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 08:49:04 AM »
I wonder if you could get some donor eyes from somebody on here. I'm attempting to do a BBE-to-NBBE restore on a rusty Baby Frosting right now, and I popped the eyes out yesterday (not for the faint-of-heart, you have to push HARD and I was worried I was going to rip the vinyl around her eye socket), and I kind of wondered what to do with the original eyes afterward. I'm not interested in de-rusting any rusty BBEs personally, because I only want to make them into NBBEs, but if this trial run works and I'm happy with the results I want to do more of them. Frosting's eyes were in pretty rough shape, but some of the others I hope to work on aren't as bad and could probably be restored if someone wanted to take the project on. I'll save all the eyes, and if you (or anyone else on here) want them, I'd rather see them go to a collector who can use them than the trash.

Congrats on your find...there's some awesome ponies in there!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 10:21:44 AM »
I wonder if you could find some jewels and make Baby Twinkle eyes out of them if they're too rusted to be put back.

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »
How lucky!!  I love the adult sea ponies, and I think Sea Breeze is one of the prettiest of all!!  :heart: :accomplished:  They all look pretty good for the most part.  As for accessories, that red fireman’s hat looks like it belongs to Chief.  I’m thinking the solid yellow, pony shaped accessory is for use in baking (like a cookie cutter, or maybe it’s for making a design on dough. Or Play-Doh!  :lol:) The pink kitty is Custard from Strawberry Shortcake and the three characters next to Custard are characters are from the Keypers series of toys.  Those are really collectible!   :rainbow:  :fox:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 11:31:22 PM by Carebearnmbr46 »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 10:59:35 AM »
That yellow visor I want to say is barbie, but I dont know what set. That yellow pony thing could be a cookie cutter too.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 02:07:19 AM »
What a great haul!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal