collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sea Ponies...  (Read 693 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Sea Ponies...
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:32:10 AM »
Throwing in the towel peeps... I know sea ponies can fetch some crazy prices, but wowza! I've been on ebay too much lately. I'm seriously contemplating customizing adult Sea Breeze and Sea Mist from other more commons since repros don't seem to be in the works. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Sea Ponies...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:39:57 AM »
HQG1C had glitter blanks of them for a while, I think, if you don't mind your custom being glittery.  They had both adults poses.

The trouble with customizing them from other ponies is they're the ONLY white adult sea ponies, and white paint never wants to go on smoothly.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:42:02 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »
HQG1C had glitter blanks of them for a while, I think, if you don't mind your custom being glittery.  They had both adults poses.

The trouble with customizing them from other ponies is they're the ONLY white adult sea ponies, and white paint never wants to go on smoothly.

I second LM on the HQG1Cs.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:03:00 PM »
I hear you they are becoming so diffucult to find! When they do pop up prices are so high.

I was fortunate enough to by some lovely seaponies I had been looking for for a very long time from a member here

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:40:47 AM »
I was lucky to get ONE glitter blank Sea Pony (head up pose) who became irukandji...

But yep, I feel you on the second set of Sea Ponies. I think Sea murk (my Sea Mist with brown blotches) is getting infamous, & the "miracle" products i keep hearing about to treat the issue just don't show on eBay (in UK & don't want such chemicals posted overseas)...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 09:29:13 AM »
I'm stoked! Made an offer for 2 clam shells (green/dk purple) with 2 ponies and it was accepted! Fingers crossed they're not sticky. Also got a set of the conch shells from Starlight studios. Early b-day presents I guess! The sea pony project can happen now.

Going for full on repro, but the looking up blank may end up happening as I have high tide to re-create. I'm gonna go extremely watered down paint and a lot of layers. Here's to hoping!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal