collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: antique mall G1 get!  (Read 1247 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
antique mall G1 get!
« on: September 08, 2020, 06:44:34 AM »
Yesterday afternoon I decided, more or less on a whim, to go to an antique mall with my dad. I haven’t done any sort of secondhand shopping since early spring when the outbreak started amping up here, and I wanted to cram in something fun to show for the 3-day weekend. We ended up going to an antique mall that I’d been driving past for years and wanting to visit, but it’s on a side of town I’m not on frequently so whenever I passed it I tended to be on my way to something else. It was good to finally go - it’s enormous!

We arrived about 30 minutes before closing time so we only covered the perimeter (we’re definitely going back much earlier in the day before too long), but immediately after walking in I found a display case full of old toys about 20 feet from the entrance, including a Scrumptious. She was $16 and rather yellowed, with numerous stains and patches of dirt, so I initially put her back, but as I walked the rest of the mall I couldn’t stop thinking about her. She has no flaws aside from being very dirty, her flocking is the thickest and plushest of any So Soft I’ve ever held in my hands (she’s more discolored than the Fifi I found at the flea market and dirtier than the Ribbon I found in a thrift store, but her flocking is easily twice as thick), and I don’t see Scrumptious come up for sale as often as some from her set. In the end my dad bought her for me (thanks dad), and even though she may have been a bit overpriced, I’m very happy with her  ;)

Now to figure out how to clean her flocking without ruining it. I’ll post before and after pictures, hopefully there’ll be a dramatic improvement! Oh, and there were also some G3’s at the mall, but they were overpriced so I left them. Shame, because there was a pretty Beachcomber, but I’m not paying $6 for a common G3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: antique mall G1 get!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 07:14:17 AM »
Nice find!  I've had luck using soap, water, and a soft baby toothbrush to gently lift dirt out of so-soft flocking.  Just be careful not to scrub too hard.  I found gentle circles worked well.

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
You could try a little oxiclean and a soft brush. Nice find, btw!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 07:43:42 AM »
What a sweet find! I love Scrumptious.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:59:41 AM »
Great luck here!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
great job :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal