collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to offer for a lot of 50  (Read 562 times)

Offline knackered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
What to offer for a lot of 50
« on: September 06, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »
I found very recently at a local trift site a g1 lot of roughly 50 ponies. The picture just has them dumped out of the box and the description simply says to make a ”sensible offer”. The seller also just describes them as prizey collectible ponies, which I found amusing.

Clearly the seller has no idea how much they’re worth, hence the dumbed picture and the description only calling them ponies. I also only have the estimate amount since the post doesn’t say how many.

I just have no idea how much to offer to this person. I’ve sent in an offer of 80€ which for a lot of toys is a fair amount, but do you guys think I low-balled it?

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to offer for a lot of 50
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:05:33 AM »
Without knowing the condition of the ponies it's impossible to say.  Do they have stained bodies and have awful hair?  Are they in pristine condition?  Or somewhere in between?

Also, can you tell the identities of most of the ponies?  Mostly common?  Any rare ponies?

Just going from what I have seen in similar sales I would say your offer is reasonable.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline knackered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:44 AM »
Thanks for the reply SunPony.

I think it’s in between with the condition. Most seem to have all of their hair in place, but the photo is so far away from that I can’t tell if there’s any significant stains. There are some fairly rare ponies in there, some sparkles and princesses. Nothing *that* rare though. Tex also has all his accessories on him, from what I can tell from the pile.

Someone else got to it before me or the seller already has a set price in mind, as the current highest offer is apparently 280€.  :lol:

I won’t be making any decisions on buying before seeing more photos, as I’m not *too* sure about the trustworthiness of this seller. The site doesn’t offer a refund policy either.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:43:19 AM »
Wow, someone made a big offer!  It sounds like a nice set, but without clear pictures showing condition of the ponies I sure wouldn't offer that much...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal